this gun any good

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My favourite gun is the G&G scar L.The price tag is too steep however, and need to wait a bit while i save some cash up. I was looking on zero one airsoft and found this gun. It looks quite neat and i would get it in two tone. The fps is 330 which is decent and it fires 12 rounds a second. I like it however it is a blowback. By the way, it is quite small, another pro. I am not looking down the path of buying an m4, and this looks like a nice alternative? thoughts? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=6264

Aiming properly with that thing is impossible,unless you are going to use it as a sniper's backup it's fairly useless as a primary. Get one of the Gr16 raiders,much better.

Internals wise- It's a wombat machine. Not particularly amazing but it gets the shop done and will not grenade itself from long term usage out of the box.

I'd try not to get a blowback version-Although they sound nice, the pneumatic system creates an air leak which produces inconstancy.

Aiming properly with that thing is impossible,unless you are going to use it as a sniper's backup it's fairly useless as a primary. Get one of the Gr16 raiders,much better.

Internals wise- It's a wombat machine. Not particularly amazing but it gets the shop done and will not grenade itself from long term usage out of the box.

I'd try not to get a blowback version-Although they sound nice, the pneumatic system creates an air leak which produces inconstancy.

I liked it because its quite light, good for cqb etc. Also, do you know if there are any others like this that are better (that didn't make much sense)

Its gonna get real tiring real quick trying to aim that thing without a stock i'd get an mp5 if i was you the G&G mp5 CM (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=6981) is very good at cqb and woodland plus its cheaper.

yeah, understand that. I'm not worried about getting tired, however would i be able to put any stock on, heard about magpul stocks or something

I don't think you can mount stocks to it as its different to the standard buffer tube and is where the battery is stored if you really want an m4 for cqb there is always this http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=9475

I like that gun as well, but does anyone know the rpm?

TBH I wouldn't worry about CQB specific guns at your stage, I'd just be looking at something that fits the bill for woodland and CQB play, non-specific. If you want the best of both worlds look at a standard CM16 with the RIS or something like this.

My M4's the same size and I find it better for play in dense woodland as you can have a little more manoeuvrability in bushy areas from the shorter barrel, while keeping the stock which can be adjusted, further shortening the overall length.

And actually ROF is not a concern when you're looking for a CQB gun as most CQB sites enforce a semi auto only rule.

so this gun would be better : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=5774

whats the difference between that and this : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=6076

apart from the long barrel. Also does anyone know the fps of the raider L?

Ok.

There is no difference between any Combat Machine besides externals.

Long barrel does not equal more range. It's the quality of the Hop-up unit, rubber or nub. All CM guns will clock in at 320-335 FPS from what I've heard.

It's down to your preference whether you want a shorter or longer gun. A longer gun with a longer RIS system will allow you to put more attachments on it if you wish, however shorter guns can be more pointable and easier to go around corners and operate in confined spaces with.

Longer guns can also be easily rested on barricades, cover etc if you want to maintain potential operational effectiveness while fiddling around with a water bottle/hydration unit or your pouches/mags.

ok thanks for the info :) also would it be recommendable to stick a silencer on it. May sound a bit silly but i would really like one (inner child and all) do any fit? and what are the prices? Sorry if i am asking for a lot, a newb needs help if you get what i mean...

The G&G Fire Hawk has an extremely short inner barrel, not much longer than a pistol, so will lose accuracy at longer ranges compared to either the Raider or Railer L (L=long). I regret selling my Raider, as it was a good rifle, but I decided at the time I wanted an M16, so the Raider had to go. If you are looking at mainly CQB sites, then go with the Raider. If you are looking at both Woodland and CQB, then go for the Raider L. A few guys in our team have them and they love them.

ok thanks for the info :) also would it be recommendable to stick a silencer on it. May sound a bit silly but i would really like one (inner child and all) do any fit? and what are the prices? Sorry if i am asking for a lot, a newb needs help if you get what i mean...

Almost any suppressor will fit, they tend to be purely cosmetic and don't suppress the sound of an AEG however they're brilliant on bolt action spring and gas rifles. You can get a basic double threaded suppressor for around £18. <- out of stock here but there are plenty available elsewhere on the web. I'd choose a plain one, suppressors with a knurled finish or with markings/steps down to a lower diameter cost more due to a more complex production process.

Almost any suppressor will fit, they tend to be purely cosmetic and don't suppress the sound of an AEG however they're brilliant on bolt action spring and gas rifles. You can get a basic double threaded suppressor for around £18. <- out of stock here but there are plenty available elsewhere on the web. I'd choose a plain one, suppressors with a knurled finish or with markings/steps down to a lower diameter cost more due to a more complex production process.

and with that would you suggest raider L or not w/ the supressor?

I'd suggest any combat machine. Save the money on the suppressor for extra mags/batteries.

good advice. a Suppressor is purely cosmetic and just makes your gun longer and more unwieldy.

good advice. a Suppressor is purely cosmetic and just makes your gun longer and more unwieldy.

It does add a bit of a cool factor though, and provides protection for an extended inner barrel if you swap the stock out for a longer one ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.