old paint slinger giving Airsoft a go

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all just wanted to introduce myself, iam an old paint slinger (in time playing and age). and was after some tips to playing airsoft as I have been told that the playing skills are different to paintball.

As for the kit and RIF, I will speak to the regular players at the site iam playing at.

I am playing my first game Sunday at Raw War Cumbria,

any advice or tips would be very welcome.

Guest PT247

ranges and accuracy are the main changes. Tactics are very similar, just tend to take longer to impliment

Hi PT247 I understand the accuracy part but how does the range differ, as I was a member of a team and walk on player we were able to get reasonably close to each other some times down to about 10 feet , I take it this is not the case with airsoft.

Guest PT247

and there are sniper rifles too which if work has gone in and they are set up right can double that range.

You will still have cqb situations but far less than 10', have been shot in the face at less than 2m previously by a pistol!

Hi all just wanted to introduce myself, iam an old paint slinger (in time playing and age). and was after some tips to playing airsoft as I have been told that the playing skills are different to paintball.

As for the kit and RIF, I will speak to the regular players at the site iam playing at.

I am playing my first game Sunday at Raw War Cumbria,

any advice or tips would be very welcome.

If you're in any doubt, take the hit, never get angry, always have fun, joke around and dont take things too seriously!

oh and apart from protecting your eyes, also protect your teeth, ankles and knees.

Have fun!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.