What's the best Price for a blank firing grenade?

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In terms of actual blank firing grenades its possible to get cheaper than the Dynatek. Wolfarmouries do one at £63 (no idea if its any good of course: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=BFGXOD) and Oh shi booms can be bought for around £65 as well (http://uk-airsoft.myshopify.com/collections/accesories/products/oh-shi-boom-impact-grenade-black-shot-gun-primer).

Personally I would spend more on the TRMR (landwarrior has them, other places presumably do as well) because they don't have a pin to loose and they are faster and easier to reload. But if price is the concern there are cheap (around £60-70 instead of £85) BFGs out there.

Are you wanting a timed or impact? The prices vary greatly between them

Consider also whether you might lose them. Can you attach something to help you find it?

I found out recently that even a bright red ohshiboom can roll into bushes never to be seen again :(

• Supporters

I don't really know what to get as in Timed or impact what would you guys recommend i'm thinking timed and i will look up the TRMR nowdo you think its worth spending a little extra on one then?

Consider also whether you might lose them. Can you attach something to help you find it?

I found out recently that even a bright red ohshiboom can roll into bushes never to be seen again :(

nearly happened to me aswell. some people put a tail on them... or just dont throw em into the bushes (easier said than done)!

I've gotten most of my epic grenade kills by reaching thru a window or doorway and just dropping it on the floor

I don't really know what to get as in Timed or impact what would you guys recommend i'm thinking timed and i will look up the TRMR nowdo you think its worth spending a little extra on one then?

Timed. can roll them, do long low bouncy throws, will always go off.

• Supporters

nearly happened to me aswell. some people put a tail on them... or just dont throw em into the bushes (easier said than done)!

I've gotten most of my epic grenade kills by reaching thru a window or doorway and just dropping it on the floor

Timed. can roll them, do long low bouncy throws, will always go off.

Lol to the reach around ;P and i was looking at oh Shi Boom Impact looks like they would do well to where i play and good price thanks for the help i may have found the one im going for

Lol to the reach around ;P and i was looking at oh Shi Boom Impact looks like they would do well to where i play and good price thanks for the help i may have found the one im going for

I just got 2,admittedly I've only tried them around the garden but I decided on them after using BFG's and finding them too long to load...the booms are very quick to reload...

• Supporters

I just got 2,admittedly I've only tried them around the garden but I decided on them after using BFG's and finding them too long to load...the booms are very quick to reload...

i think thats what im going to go for then

• Supporters

Oshiboom are impact and not good for woodland soft ground areas - don't go off 100%

so timed ones may be a better option if ground is soft n fluffy sqidgy so speak

but then urban sites with hard floors are ideal for oshiboom impact grenades

bought a red oshiboom just as we lost Anerly Urban Site - FFS !!!!

now we got a woodland site only and my oshiboom won't be as reliable :(

on urban sites with cqb a lot of ground could be gained if a team had grenades

for quick room clearing - sometimes a bit unfair but that is cqb for you

I miss Anerley - was funny seeing about 3 or 4 people geting cut down and all jammed

trying to get through doorways at same time....

Hit - $hit - Hit - $hit - Hit - $hit

c'mon move - can't tubby is blocking the way

Hit - $hit - Hit - $hit etc......

Ahhhh sod this - BOOOOOOOOOOOOM - yup we are clear now :)

• Supporters

Soz for double posting but also depends on your site how they are deployed....

Mine on the old urban said underarm only - they said months ago there was accident

Somebody came round a corner the moment one was being tossed overarm...

Hit them in side of head - dunno what make/type but oshi is heavy and could hurt on its own

but it was impact and went off at point blank range think it perforated the guys eardrum

So they said underarm only for grenades on cqb

(think this was a true story but any case it could happen so makes sense in my book)

Now you could attach say some decent string - medium or heavy duty fishing line might work well

and if on the top could help oshiboom to detonate if landing on soft muddy ground

Dunno if this would be allowed - triggering oshiboom's by fishing wire but a possible idea

HOWEVER - turning up with 2 sea fishing rods - one in each hand casting out with oshiboom

yeah that won't be allowed I think - but kinda unfair - goes off - yup room clear 40ft in distance

now you reel back grenade.....

"Marshal says no - you have to retrieve it"

"I am - just using a rod n line to do it"

"No retrieve it yourself"

"who do you think is using this rod then ???"

Yeah - don't think they would allow fishing rod & line

and if you do toss it ahead you should not be able to pull it back by line to re-use but collect by hand only

Dunno what perfect solution is but it has to be fair play as well

we lost anerly? ohwell... I was thinking we probably only used it in between it being developed into something. never bothered to ask thou..

I can imagine a fishing line being a bit of a trip hazard..

• Supporters

the problem is i can't afford a Timed as they seem to be alot more expensive i would one but from the reviews i have seen the oshiboom will work as i will probably hit a tree and most of the floor is quite tuff where i play as it's compact

• Supporters

Yeah oshiboom would probably be effective as ground drys out a bit

but atm with all the lovely bank holiday pi$$ing it down I wouldn't rate a good reliability on muddy woodland

First day went out to back garden chucked on grass - sodden and just got it covered in grassy mud - great

Tossed it over to some steps and got all the birds fleeing, dogs barking and cats running - cool

And Anerley - RIP :(

lost this site over Easter

the problem is i can't afford a Timed as they seem to be alot more expensive i would one but from the reviews i have seen the oshiboom will work as i will probably hit a tree and most of the floor is quite tuff where i play as it's compact

i got a timed one from ammo drop. £65 plus postage.

• Supporters

i got a timed one from ammo drop. £65 plus postage.

the only problem with the old dynatex one's is they are no longer in manufacturing but i have changed my mind and im going for the VTG

• Supporters

the only problem with the old dynatex one's is they are no longer in manufacturing but i have changed my mind and im going for the VTG

they've just started again, have been on the market for about a month.

Personally I wouldn't use a BFG in woodland, too much chance of losing it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.