Electric AIR blowback??

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was just thinking and I came up with an idea. an AEG/GBB hybrid. could it be possible for a manufacturer to make one? I would work exactly like a GBB, only there's a gearbox providing pressured air.

would be real fun, and eliminate the need for gas, some of the extra maintenance & unreliability of gas guns and be a bit more fun than just a plain AEG.

If you have problem understanding what I'm saying: Imagine you stopped the nozzle in a gearbox from moving. then you take a GBB pistol, cut away the back of the handle and the part of the magazine where the gas is stored/connects with the gun. where the gas connects with the gun you stick the nozzle. probably in rifle form thou to make it all fit.

(oh and if any manufacturer read this, feel free to try it. but do send me a copy of the finished product :) )

• Supporters

Isn't daytona (and ghk, etc) just make a drop-in kit in place of the gearbox?

IMHO that would successfully combine the negative things of both types. :) Basically you describe a kind of HPA kit but HPA would be created by a compressor in the gun.

The GHK drop in kit is a Gas in mag GBB system so it's not like Daytona gun. It's pretty crap too which is a shame since most of GHK's stuff is really well made.

I believe Real Sword are experimenting with this kind of system. They've been teasing it for some time and are keeping hush hush on details. I'd imagine it would be a very difficult system to implement reliably.

HPA created by a compressor in a gun- That could work but again,hard to implement into various gun models. If you had an M82 replica I think It gives enough space to experiment.

That is sort of how the G&G gr16 works.

It has a smaller cylinder on top of an oversized standard cylinder, which forces excess air out pushing a rod and giving you a recoil.

I will try to dig out a picture. [ETA a picture]

The thing is though what would it add to the experience? It's still got the limitations of an AEG, with none of the advantages of the GBB. In reality GBB aren't that hard to work on, and are more reliable (ime).

post-9152-0-21535700-1401116339_thumb.jpg

Problem with the G&G pneumatic system is that it gives fuck all recoil and creates a massive air leak. I've yet to see a consistant firing Pneumatic blowback G&G gun. I believe G&G are trying to work on a way to get the pneumatic system to also cycle the nozzle along with a faux bolt to eliminate the tappet plate. Was on a promo for the MARS guns.

guys i think he means having a gearbox that creates the pressure for a bolt like on a gbb to be used, eliminating the need for a gas line or gas in a mag?

^This.

If this is the general idea of the daytona gun, it is not what I mean, nor is having an AEG gearbox that uses escaped air (unless I misunderstood?) to power the blowback:

teaser1.png

just made this very crudely in paint to show what I mean. OBVIOUSLY it would not look like this, but everything would have to be re-engineered. but just to give you the idea.. cred for the two pics I cut together goes to airsplat and redwolf airsoft

20u934z.jpg

• Supporters

I've yet to see a consistant firing Pneumatic blowback G&G gun.

You've seen my AK right?

My older MP5 videos?

Well there you go.

I've yet to find one that hasn't been consistent. The amount of air directed into the secondary chamber is both the same every time, and uses air not required to propel the BB. The system is no more prone to leaks than any more traditional design from a design point of view. It's all sealed.

Only thing making them any worse than a standard gearbox in my opinion is that they're slightly more annoying to dismantle.

The anti-G&G Reddit community have tainted you.

I like the idea though, two-zero. I don't see why it couldn't be done with a modified AEG, a thinner gearbox just needs making really, build a hollow bolt carrier around the outside edge of it, then inject the air from the piston into a nozzle and NPAS type system linked to the faux bolt carrier.

Only issue I can really see is that the piston and cylinder would be too small for it to work. Considering the size they are now to get the power we need from their air volume, the size they are would need shrinking down substantially to fit the other required parts around them and with that reduction in air volume the power would be too low to really work.

Have you seen the TOP shell ejecting M4? 'Cos that's basically what you're proposing, except they've taken it a step further.

Edit:

Actually, the key would be using a Systema type piston system that moves with the bolt. The trick would be making it propel itself backwards somehow, if you could figure out a way to do that then you'd really be onto something. But I'm not sure it's actually possible.

problem with my sketch is it being upright as well. but if it was in a bulkier gun and laying down.. say a bison or g36 maybe?

and I will have a look at the tops :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.