Decent Video Editors?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I used to use adobe after effects quite a lot but I just kept using trial versions and it's great. I can have precise edits and sync audio extremely well. But I can't use it forever on trial and I ain't paying 400 quid or what ever it costs.

I use windows move maker quite a bit too and I really like it; it's simple to use and does the job well. But it does have that many effects which I would like.

Today, I decided to use lightworks, which is free and what an utter load of shyte bollock it is. Dragging and dropping doesn't exist, they use this "mark and park" method which is utter shyte. Useless. I can't even sync videos to music precisely, it's extremely off. The worst editor I have ever used.

Is there anything that is decent enough to have some effects and have precise editing?

Windows Movie maker does everything you need. The problem with having lots of effects is you might be tempted to use them. Too many effects can ruin a film.

I just found out that when I bought my laptop months ago, it came with cyberlink powerdirector 10 and apparently cyberlink and AMD work together because I see AMD labels everywhere on effects.

I can find stuff easily as well. I'm going to try it out now and see if it's any good.

Sony Vegas 8 is good, provided that you can get an unlock key (costs quite a bit of money). I'm not suggesting getting it illegally...

After Effects can be used through Creative Cloud I might add, and as you are a student (correct me if thats wrong) you can get the full CC Creative Suite for $23 a month. That quite frankly is nothing for what you get.

Ask around and see if anyone has an install disk for some video editing software, chances are they'll have the product key aswell, and most software allows unlimited installations with the same key (It's how schools and colleges do it).

Or, you know...

piracy.jpg

Not that I'm encouraging it.

• 2 weeks later...

most software allows unlimited installations with the same key (It's how schools and colleges do it).

No they don't and schools don't do that, they purchase specific licenses for that purpose.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.