First rifle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I'm pretty new to airsoft, I've done my 3 skirmishes and applied for my ukara so should be here soon. I've started looking at a few rifles and the G&G gr15 looks decent but it has the blowback feature. Is the blowback aeg any good or does it just cause complications

blowback is just for looks, it doesnt do anything. Unless you plan to do work on the rifle then blowback wont effect the gun in a bad or good way its just for looks, but the G&G guns are really good for starter guns!

Thanks Charlie

I intend to upgrade it a lot over time so would it be best to stay away from blowback aeg?

Thanks Charlie

I intend to upgrade it a lot over time so would it be best to stay away from blowback aeg?

depends on what you do? internaly its just something extra to keep in check but if you are just going to swap out external parts it doesnt make a difference?

Blowback means different things to different manufacturers. Some are connected to the gearbox and that's bad because when if fails it can destroy your gearbox. G&G just use some of the air from the piston to open and close the bit that the spent shells would eject from (the name of which my brain will not allow me to remember at the moment). If it stops working it will have no effect on performance at all, its just a neat bit of added realism.

It should not be an issue when doing upgrades etc.

EJECTION PORT!!! -see I'm not a dumbass who doesn't know what gun parts are called, I'm just half asleep :)

Cheers guys. Am I allowed to post links on here to the the gun I'm looking at. I've found a G&G cm16 gbb for £140. If they are any good I want 2

Yeah you can post links. Best place to buy one should be from Zero One or Pro Airsoft Supplies.

I wouldn't really recommend a gas blowback rifle, but the pneumatic blowback ones are good and electric combat machines are great more beginners.

Cheers guys. Am I allowed to post links on here to the the gun I'm looking at. I've found a G&G cm16 gbb for £140. If they are any good I want 2

okay a GBB is different, this is a gas blow back rifle it wont use battery's, it uses gas? is that what you wanted? because if you do its completely different to blowback on an AEG? (Which uses battery's)

How does the G&G blowback feel compared to the Tokyo Marui? I have heard the Tokyo Marui is quite a bit stronger than the G&G.

Hmm do you think people on this forum would really be interested in pictures of guns? :unsure:

If in doubt, ALWAYS post pictures of guns.

If you can't find pictures of guns to post, kittens or puppies will do.

XmHfGjE.jpg<---posting this is not pointless and silly, I have taken care to ensure that it illustrates the point I am making with my post :D

I saw the aeg blowback first but after your advice Charlie that it's only cosmetic and no extra feel to the realism I didn't really see the point as it's only something extra to go wrong. If I go aeg, I don't think I'd have the blowback. I found a gbb for a similar price.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268&products_id=8296&osCsid=bd5296770e1832cdf7068553b3321e6e

Any good?

I saw the aeg blowback first but after your advice Charlie that it's only cosmetic and no extra feel to the realism I didn't really see the point as it's only something extra to go wrong. If I go aeg, I don't think I'd have the blowback. I found a gbb for a similar price.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268&products_id=8296&osCsid=bd5296770e1832cdf7068553b3321e6e

Any good?

GBB's are okay but you have to remember you only have 30 rounds in a mag and extra mags are much more expensive? for a first rifle G&G are good but we usually recomend going with an AEG as its just easier to maintain and G&G are very reliable.

How does the G&G blowback feel compared to the Tokyo Marui? I have heard the Tokyo Marui is quite a bit stronger than the G&G.

are you talking about the TM recoils? the blowback on a G&G combat machine is just blowback and thats it, the TM recoils have a special recoil unit inside the buffer tube as well as blowback

+sound, +feeling, +fun factor

:)

debatable, they sound a bit pathetic (in my opinion) but that's because i have a tm recoil so i don't even notice the blow back as the recoil is what i notice more!

debatable, they sound a bit pathetic (in my opinion) but that's because i have a tm recoil so i don't even notice the blow back as the recoil is what i notice more!

..nor does the tm or any other* ones sound like the real thing. EBB does add sound compared to just the gearbox.

..nor does the tm or any other* ones sound like the real thing. EBB does add sound compared to just the gearbox.

never said any airsoft guns do mate, but yeah it does add some sounds to it

I'm still a bit confused after reading all the replies. If you were starting out and want reliability which would be the choice

This is NOT a good choice for a first rifle.

GBB means gas blockback.

Not nearly as reliable, takes a lot more care, more expensive to run, mags will be expensive, rare 2nd hand mags, only lowcaps available etc. etc. My opinion is that you should own at least 2 AEGs (primary and spare) before getting a GBB. At least if you intend to skirmish.

GBB are plenty fun thou, but get your AEGs first! :)

and if I started out and wanted reliability (as oppose to m4-tacticoolness), I'd choose CYMA AK, the VFC/LCT clones (such as CM.045 or CM.048). Will be way more reliable than anything else you can get at a beginners budget. Great out the box performance as well.

okay i think i get where you are getting confused (don't worry there is a lot to learn we all get confused!) there is a difference between an aeg with blowback and an GBB.

an aeg with blowback is a rifle that uses battery's and a gearbox to work, but it has a small plate on the ejection port that moves back and forth creating a simulation of the real thing.

a gas blowback, is where the the gun uses gas to work that is stored in the mag,it uses a bolt and some fancy stuff that i have no idea about as dad wont let me touch his gbb m4! but the problem is that a gas blowback mags only hold 30 rounds, and as a starter you should go with an aeg if it has blowback its fine dont worry nothing really to maintain but if you go with a GBB for your first gun without any experience with airsoft guns gbb or aeg probably not the best bet honestly go for an G&G AEG combat machine !

any particular questions please ask we will all be happy to help!!

I will take your advice. Aeg it is. If I buy the combat machine G&G, is it easily upgraded as I'd like to go for metal parts when more cash is available.

Metal parts aren't all their cracked out to be, a lot of low quality metal is used in airsoft parts- we had a member who dropped one of their ICS metal M4s when taking it out of his attic and the receiver snapped in two.

TBH if you want metal, get one of the G&G Top Techs. They're more expensive as there's metal in it, it's got stamped markings, unique serial number etc and the Gen 2s and 3s have some internal changes from the originals. You can pick up a basic Gen 3 M4 for £250, and if you can find any Gen 2s floating around, they'll be on at about £200.

But honestly I'd get a G&G Combat Machine for the time being, and maybe in a year or so buy yourself a Top Tech or a G&P rifle. G&P have the best externals by far out of the manufacturers and OK internals- if you get a gun tech to have a look at it or ask the retailer to put some upgrades in while it's in store for a bit extra, then it'll be great.

I'm glad I joined the forum. You've all been a great help

if you need help finding the right one best place is to go onto zero one and look at electric rifle section and then in G&G (will post link) but dont forget about batterys and mags as well before making it look pretty :)http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=268_318_403

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.