new to airsoft

itzboro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi mate, welcome to the site.

Most g36c rifles are pretty sturdy but if you could give us your ideal budget then we could make more accurate recommendations. The most recommended starter g36c you'll see is the SRC G36C Gen 3 series. They're very solid rifles (for the price) after you downgrade the spring to make it legal at most sites since I've seen a few of these over 350 fps (the limit for most sites) out of the box. Here's a few links:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=7030

http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-src-g36c-gen-iii-airsoft-rifle.html

A fair few sites use these as hire guns for good reason.

Obviously get UKARA out of the way first (if you're over 18). If you're underage then you'll need it two toning and a responsible adult to buy it and "gift" it to you.

No less than than three skirmish games at a registered site over no less than two months - you can't play three games in less than that and expect to get registered.

You then get them to stamp/sign your UKARA form and then you send it to a registered retailer who process it for you. Some skirmish sites will send it on your behalf if you ask nice enough. You then get an email telling you when you're registered - just make sure to double check your junk email box (where mine appeared).

*SRC GEN 3 is some polymer or something that feels less plastic and more like the real thing aswell. Said to match (and sometimes outshine) much more expensive guns.

From what I've heard and my limited experience (got an ASG 2-3 months ago, was broken, returned for repair and well, I still dont have it), I would not get an ASG. I have very little first hand experience thou

*SRC GEN 3 is some polymer or something that feels less plastic and more like the real thing aswell. Said to match (and sometimes outshine) much more expensive guns.

From what I've heard and my limited experience (got an ASG 2-3 months ago, was broken, returned for repair and well, I still dont have it), I would not get an ASG. I have very little first hand experience thou

The real steel G36C is polymer bodied to make it intentionally lighter, so it's a very cheap way of getting a "realistic" feeling weapon :D

Forgot to mention about the ASG he linked to. A quick internet search reveals it's a rebrand of the JG G36C which apparently have quite fickle quality control with the gearbox and wiring. Not had one myself (so can't say if this accurate or not) but there are a large number of results if you look for common problems with the rifle on google. For that alone I'd really spend/save up the extra and get the SRC.

If you want to try your luck with the JG/ASG, try checking sites for ex hire guns they may have for sale. I know landwarrior had a few decent ones available for a really low price a couple of months ago so it's worth looking into.

No ASG then that would be a great start to airsoft think ill stay away from them thanks two zero and thanks for the google key words zak just found one that's about 30 miles from me so not to far to go

Just for future reference, ASG import in to Europe and rebrand. Who the original manufacturer is can vary and don't assume they're just from the cheap end. I know they re-brand the Lomex M4, plus many of their pistols are KWA. Also their MP9 is KWA.

Mean while, do not be tempted to get a two-tone gun, they are false economy - instead use rentals till you get registered and buy your own gun - you'll also end up with a collection of amo this way too (as rental costs normally includes 3000 rounds).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.