Advice for a novice.

A-Tac

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello fellas. Great forum..! Please can anyone advise me on purchasing a decent m4 airsoft rifle.

Back in the 90's i purchased a UHC (Made in Taiwan) UA954 BB Pistol. Good looking pistol with a good weight..It cost £44. brand new form a shop in manchester.

Being a bloke the first thing i did was load it up and shoot a bb into the palm of my hand to see how powerful it was..!

It tickled a bit and left a slight red mark. I was'nt impressed. But the biggest thing that let me down was it did'nt have an auto firing mode..!

Now years later i have decided to upgrade to some of the new tech available these days but i am lost and need some good advice guys please.

I'm after a something like a G&G combat machine GR16 AEG type of rifle. I understand these are a good make and will last and are upgradable?

I'm not UKARA reg. It's only for back yard use.. so i guess it will have to be painted in noddy colours. Blue and yellow..!

I'm nearly 50 and that made me feel like a 7 year old asking for dynamite..! On a serious note, i do understand the regulations.

Note: i have been on various web sites and to be honest they are useless as 99% of the guns i like are 'Out of stock'..?

Being a tight yorkshire man i would rather buy a used item but no one is allowed to advertise Airsoft guns in the UK.!

I have a budget of around £200-250..

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys.

250 quid for a backyard plinker? That's quite a lot to spend just for a back yard gun.

I'm sure you could find a used two tone on some UK forum somewhere. if not, check out "zeroone" or "pro airsoft supplies" who sell g&g's

If that's your budget, forget G&G CM. They are great value. Get a G&P, they are great! you won't regret it! :)

Feeling holding them is amazing, tripped while running on concrete, gun hits floor barrel first, my weight behind it (not sure how much that is, but I'm approx 6'4). tighten a screw and all damage left is a few scratches!

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/G-P.html

(excellent store also btw)

250 quid for a backyard plinker? That's quite a lot to spend just for a back yard gun.

I'm sure you could find a used two tone on some UK forum somewhere. if not, check out "zeroone" or "pro airsoft supplies" who sell g&g's

Did you read my post fully ?.. Thanks buddy.

If that's your budget, forget G&G CM. They are great value. Get a G&P, they are great! you won't regret it! :)

Feeling holding them is amazing, tripped while running on concrete, gun hits floor barrel first, my weight behind it (not sure how much that is, but I'm approx 6'4). tighten a screw and all damage left is a few scratches!

Thanks. Its ok. Cheers for your help.

For a backyard plinker I have to agree, that budget is a bit high you can get good accuracy out of something a lot cheaper. http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m14_variants.html would be my advice, they have CM16 transparent in stock which will meet your two tone requirement (they look better than black and yellow!) or you could pay a bit more and get one painted if that is what you want.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.