WE Mp5 apache

o0kael0o

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So it been out for awhile, apart from the slow ROF and inaccuracy due to no rifling i cant say anything bad about this gun, So anyone seen any upgrades for this yet?.

post-9442-0-81775400-1400884078_thumb.jpg

Yup your right just me being stupid there meant that im not a fan of the hop-up, when firing within 1-5 meters you notice that the bb's are going very wide straight from the barrel its almost like the movie wanted.

• Supporters

You're not a fan of hop up?

What? So you'd rather the guns only fire 15m?

Again words fail me...... the hop up Adjustment is extremely awkward to adjust and doesn't seem to do the job of extending range, so either im not following the manual correctly or something is wrong with the gun. ok have i missed anything there or added something that makes me look like a idiot.

no rifling? As far as I'm aware no airsoft rifles are actually rifled???

You can get rifled inner barrels. Supposedly makes the gun more accurate but only works for lower powered guns.

I could understand it working for GGBR's but with then hop up it would be counter productive in any RIF with a hop up (all of them) because rifling causes spinning of the round. So where the hop up causes lift on the BB that would then become lift in any perpendicular angle that is forward of the BB's direction of travel. There for rifling your inner barrel will cause your hop up to do nothing.

Effectively your BB's lift could go down into the ground. or even sideways

the only case I'd find acceptable to rifling inner barrels is miracle barrels which aren't really rifled... (doesn't really count if its a straight line rifling)

As for the problem with your hop up it may just need to settle. Also, give your inner barrel a cleaning out. That might help. Since its a common weapon it might have standardized parts. So it may have a compatible hop up to other brands than just WE. Try TM or G&G maybe... I'm not too sure on brands which do an MP5. I'm more of a G36 man myself

• Supporters

Tanio koba barrels have similar inner as rifled barrels but they work differently. As Russe11 said, they work with lower powered guns and actually not really better than a good precision barrel. They create smooth airflow around the BB.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.