Sites that ban cameras?

CaptainSwoop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A local site has just announced a ban on any player using a camera to photograph or video on the site.

Previously they allowed cameras as long as they were given copies of any pics or vids.

Apparently peope have used cameras without sharing so now it's a total ban apart from their own two.

Are there any other sites that control filming.

Fair few sites I've been too only banned still photography but allowed video as long as the marshals are made aware of it.

They will lose in the long run, It's when you see someone playing at a site and go

"Huh, That's not too far from me, I'll try it out"

They are basically forfeiting a form of advertisement.

My local did this, banned all videos and photos yet carried on taking them themselves. They gave a half-arsed mumbled reply about protecting minors or something- the same minors who are required to wear full face masks anyway? Idiocy.

Guest PT247

and in law there is no rule stopping people taking photos of children or activities. I fully understand the no photos on MoD sites tho

Yeah I have to agree with CaptainSwoop here I don't fully understand the reasoning of no photography at MoD sites.

I mean, it's only a training facility after all and if the Iranians / North Koreans / or whoever else threatens our interests could just go on Google if they want to find out about our super top secret military installations (that we let a load of airsofters go to)

Pretty sure I have seen some footage from one of these MOUT places though? Was this a thing introduced very recently or something?

• Supporters

Any site that makes a point of saying they don't allow filming just screams "Our staff are unprofessional dick heads and we don't want the world to know until after we've taken your money" to me.

Fuck them.

I don't understand how MoD sites are any different to any other sites either. They're just built areas to mimic real locations but without there being civilians to accidentally kill all over the place. What power does it give anyone to have a video of a training facility? =/

There are vids from Milsims on line that were made on MOD sites.

At the site I am referring to in the OP they post their own pics online but they are usualy terrible, out of focus or through the window of the Marshall's Land Rover.

• Supporters

These are the kind of little things that can put people off sites, I don't use a camera or anything but the principle of not allowing it kinda annoys me. It's a bit like fire-supports sites not allowing gbbs other than pistols, it doesn't affect me as I don't use one regularly at the moment but it would stop me going there anyway as it's ridiculous.

All the sites I have played at I looked at independent video before I went there. The highly cut or advertising video gives you no idea of the game types or pace of the gameplay or a sense of presence like a good head cam and gun cam does. Watching a game from a dedicated recording guy is all wrong, you can't tell what is happening because he is looking at the people close to him. All then have is a guy with a gun shooting, with no idea what they are facing or what the site otherwise looks like.

Its not just dumb, I have no interest in going to a site where I can't see before I get there how the site is basically laid out. if that means I don't ever play MOD sites well then so be it, but its important to me to have some clue what combat there is going to look like before I pay them money.

From discussion on the site Facebook they are saying it is because of Child Protection Law.

There seems to be a kickback from site regulars. One guy just got himself a pair of Gopro cameras to film and is not very happy. Same with some others.

Looks like they are working on a compromise.

Child protection laws don't stop you from filming unless you or your legal guardian says otherwise. It does sound like they're hiding something else.

Something tells me that these sites that don't allow photography/film have something to hide. Like they don't want people filming their regulars cheating, or marshals not doing their jobs properly.. Whatever, they're losing out on free advertising. Their loss.

I agree. Why else would they say no to free advertisement?

The funny thing is, is that my site is 10+ and marshals film. I'm hoping to get a Go Cho (A pro chinese edition) so I can work on some cool montages.

Didn't read the replies. But my main UK site asks if anyone mind being filmed or photographed. if not, then you can use them to your hearts content.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.