Eco-friendly BBs

ForestFighter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need to pick up some more ammo, having quickly shot through the tiny bag that came in the box with my AK, but I'd like to be as eco-friendly as possible when purchasing some more BBs.

Now, i've read all sorts of things; biodegradable BBs choke up your barrel with residues, they take more energy to produce so negating the positives of degradablity in the first place, they only degrade about 2-3 years quicker than a plastic BB which degrade themselves in about 5 years anyway, they do dangerous amounts of damage as compared to a plastic BB, plus a lot of debate surrounding brands and which are the best.

Basically, all I need to know is whether they are worth it, how quickly they degrade and - I'm thinking of going for some G&G biodegradables - are these any good?

Cheers!

• Supporters

Green Devil Bio BBs, swear by them.

They degrade entirely in soil in about 24-36 months, are more consistent and accurate than so called 'premium' BBs like madbull or blaster devils.

Ironfoot.co.uk is the place to go to get them.

• Supporters

Green devils are very good as JC says, and darker than normal too which is a benefit.

As said bios still take a while to degrade but better off than normal still.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while, but thanks guys. I think I'll be picking up the Green Devils ASAP, if they are as good as advertised.

How about issues regarding their use on certain sites? I have read here and there that bio BBs are sometimes banned on certain sites, as they tend to shatter on impact and are dangerous as a result, even when wearing eye protection. Any truth to this? As much as I want to be eco-friendly, I don't want to buy special BBs if it means I can't use them in a game.

• Supporters

It's been a while, but thanks guys. I think I'll be picking up the Green Devils ASAP, if they are as good as advertised.

How about issues regarding their use on certain sites? I have read here and there that bio BBs are sometimes banned on certain sites, as they tend to shatter on impact and are dangerous as a result, even when wearing eye protection. Any truth to this? As much as I want to be eco-friendly, I don't want to buy special BBs if it means I can't use them in a game.

Complete myth, any site that enforces such a ridiculous rule is likely run by clowns and doesn't deserve customers.

Have never encountered a site that specifically bans bio BBs and I've played at a lot of places!

Complete myth, any site that enforces such a ridiculous rule is likely run by clowns and doesn't deserve customers.

Have never encountered a site that specifically bans bio BBs and I've played at a lot of places!

Think I've also heard about some sites banning them. Myth or not wont matter if that's the case.

My advise to him would be to got them, and the unlikely event that a specific site don't allow them - just spend a tenner on their ammo. I do the opposite. I have some bio BBs, but only use them on non-airsoft-locations and sites that specify it - figure it wont do any difference on normal sites.

You've obviously never played at Spartan Airsoft, near Bristol Airport then. They've been bio BB only since about 2010 when they were in Thornbury

• Supporters

You've obviously never played at Spartan Airsoft, near Bristol Airport then. They've been bio BB only since about 2010 when they were in Thornbury

Have played at Spartan several times, read my post again. If you still can't decipher what it was I said then perhaps my old friends Janet and John can help with your reading comprehension. ;-)

**edit** just realised this makes me sound like more of a c*nt than I actually am, it was meant as a joke, I've added a smiley now so it's ok!

I use proball bio's at my gun club and so far I have no issues on feeding on all my guns and they are very priced.

Personally I don't like bio's as they cost more and on cqb sites they get cleaned up anyway, bit different on open ground sites though.

Have played at Spartan several times, read my post again. If you still can't decipher what it was I said then perhaps my old friends Janet and John can help with your reading comprehension. ;-)

**edit** just realised this makes me sound like more of a c*nt than I actually am, it was meant as a joke, I've added a smiley now so it's ok!

Yes, sorry, misread your post. That said I have some 3 year old Green Devil 0.30s that I bought to use at Spartan and never got to use them up. Was using them at The Asylum in my SVD and found some of them were jambing up my 6.01 inner barrel. Not sure how or why, except maybe loading them from the mag was causing a problem, as checking the size with a micrometer later didn't find anything over 5.95 in the rest of the batch. However, never had the problem with purely plastic BBs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.