New Player

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I have always wanted to try AirSoft but there wasn't any places where i lived before but I am moving to Manchester so thought would give it a go. The problem is none of my friends are interested do you have to take a team to play or can I go along on my own and play on some one elses team?

Just turn up to a game and you will be allocated a team to play in.

Once you start to talk to everyone you will soon feel at home!

• Supporters

Look around and maybe pop down to a couple of sites

Some may suit you or your pocket better, some allow half-day hire, most are woodland but a few are urban cqb

some are cheaper, some may run only once a month, even some under 16's only skirmishes

Summer is here, get out in the fresh air, running around getting some exercise - better than playing online

You will soon meet new interesting people from all different backgrounds - and then shoot them !!!

(in a friendly fair playing airsoft way I mean)

I just started turning up to my local site on my own, my friends aren't really into getting shot (I can't think why but hey some people are weird like that). In 1.5 months of attending games I already have a group of 10 guys I am on first name basis with and a group of 4 others who I team up with and play with every game. All I did was turn up, rent a gun and some kit and speak to a load of people and just make some new friends. You might be able to convince some of your existing friends to go once they see your RIF and camo in a couple of months but for now just go and enjoy and you'll find your team cooperates automatically anyway. You don't need a team to play airsoft, going it alone is a way to find a team if that is what you want.

Most airsoft games they just split everyone into 2 teams for the length of the game anyway so you'll get some team mates to play with in the first few minutes of play and be with them the rest of the evening/day.

I still go it alone and I've been airsofting a while. It is more fun if you can get some mates to go but it is by no means essential

You can go by yourself, ring up your local site before hand to book a slot if you need to rent gear.

Airsofters are a friendly bunch and im sure your get lots of help and insites into it ....enjoy , and brace for the evergrowing hole in your wallet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.