Airsoft Gun Sound Sim.

Moose87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I also saw recently on youtube (I can't find the link now! grrrr) that was making a flashhider that flashed like a gun would. Adding back in the sound and the flash would add a lot of realism.

This bypasses "want" and goes straight to "need".

Looks a bit bulky at the moment, but I'm sure a bit more development would make it more discreet and suitable for something like, say, an M16 for example... ;-)

He did mention a PEQ box version at the end they are working on, which is a lot more reasonable in terms of size. But I also suspect its going to be heavy, mostly battery to drive it all as speakers do suck a lot of juice especially when loud.

• Supporters

As far as I know this doesn't use a speaker, it's a small propane noise cannon. They're quite popular with reenactors.

If they can miniaturise this into a peq box with maybe a gas tank in a foregrip I can see these becoming really popular.

I can see there being plenty of issues with these if they're made widely available (no legal issues, they're perfectly legal). In CQB a propane cannon will be extraordinarily loud, hearing damage loud. Not so much in woodland, but I'd definitely be wearing hearing protection if I were shooting one.

Well they use it in a CQB enviroment. Its been tested in one so sound be fine. I will be seeing it in a CQB enviro so i can def clear that one up.

For people who are un aware i used to be in the army so i can give a fairly accurate report on its sound.

Obviously theres will be some questions they might not be able to answer but i will get as many technicals questions as i can.

So far i have.

Its sound

Weight

Different variations.

Peq boxes

Fuel

Release date

Cost

Volume control.

Apparently i will be the first person outside NZ to see it in action.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is AWESOME!!!! I want one. The sound is pretty much the one thing that is missing from airsoft. If this does go into production I would think most airsofters would want one.

I can see that going down well with the people who live near airsoft sites haha

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. The one thing I don't actually like about airsoft of the lack of noise. Its the noise during contact for me that gets the adrenaline pumping.

• 1 month later...

It would be cool if the switch was attached to the trigger and then remote to a receiver in a pouch or something. That way you wouldn't need an awful huge attachment on the gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.