Morrisons Supermarket Selling Imitation Firearms!

Longshot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

lol?

In all seriousness don't post that to the dailymail. Bringing their attention to UKARA and VCRA and our hobby will bring nothing good. Making them look silly with obvious bogus firearm names wont be something any of the general public will get, just imagine them taking that 100% seriously and them being outraged. We might laugh, they will lobby the government in mass with their morale panic and we'll loose our hobby. We'll still be laughing right up until the point RIFs and IFs are completely banned.

While we might chuckle about how ridiculous the law is in many ways the general public does not understand our entirely safe and consensual use of imitation firearms and would just prefer the entire thing was banned. Those of us that attend rifle clubs and such know full well that when asked what is behind the gate to say anything but "A rifle club". Its a womens institute, its a gay man speed dating session, even its an abortion clinic! None of those will have protests outside of them in the way a rifle club would if it was found out.

Below the radar, always.

Some of you know how passionate I am about the VCRA, so I was shocked to find these in one of their stores today:
10290620_10154207029350515_3331079097018
I've already prepared this news story for publication in the Daily Mail:
Morrisons Super Black Market - by Victorya Ukipy
The well known UK supermarket 'Morrisons' has introduced a new line: deadly firearms for children. For just £3 our reporter was able to purchase these two replica firearms. The guns are exact models of the powerful Glock 19mm that is used by police armed response teams and the MP5 assault rifle machine gun that was famously used by Osama bin Laden. Most shockingly of all our reporter was not even asked for a UKARA license to purchase these guns, which is a legal requirement in the UK. Outside he asked one of the Morrisons employees to explain how this was the case, however the employee failed to answer questions such as: 'don't you think there's a risk that kids might fill these with acid and shoot each other? Or that they might fill them with petrol and then fire them into the engines of cars that are only supposed to be filled with diesel?' The employee's comment was simply: "I don't know mate, I just get paid to push the trolleys." Well, as our investigation has shown, that's not all they're pushing. They're also pushing death on our kids. They may also have something to do with the rise in illegal immigration. Our investigation continues.

W0W...They do look so real I nearly bought one but then the magic mushrooms wore off...

I sometimes feel that "scaremongers" like yourself do more damage than good,replica firearms is it...they are shillouette at best...and water pisstols.

Kids toys not replica firearms,water pi$$tols get a grip,I hope the Daily Mails ignores your message but as there's bugger all else to print..well done.

Who could possibly mistake them for firearms?Next the wonky sticks we used as kids will get people shot,and the tennis ball hand grenades...common sense must prevail.surely.

I sometimes feel that "scaremongers" like yourself do more damage than good,replica firearms is it...they are shillouette at best...and water pisstols.

Kids toys not replica firearms,water pi$$tols get a grip.

You say that, but the "silhouette" is the main description for it being a an IF (imitation firearm)

"A firearm shaped object which could easily be distinguished from a real firearm by the virtue of its size shape or colour"

By the law, these are IFs.

We don't need this from inside the sport,we have to discern between the two,replicas and toys.

The original post got silly so it should get ignored..fill them with acid..why?what sort of background does someone who could consider that come from?and they have RiF's!

Imitation Firearms

An imitation firearm means "any thing which has the appearance of being a firearm

So to you that looks like a firearm?Your post does say shape or Colour..

Whether an imitation firearm falls within the definition of a realistic imitation firearm should be judged from the perspective of how it looks at the point of manufacture, import or sale and not how it might be appear if it were being misused. Section 38(3) provides that in determining whether an imitation firearm is distinguishable from a real firearm, its size, shape and principal colour must be taken into account.

Ha,ha very good...you are one sad twat....it seems you live in a fantasy world,I grew up in the real world.

Your original post is poor,is the Mp5 a machine gun or assault rifle or hybrid?What would petrol do to my diesel Golf?Glock 19mm what both?Or can you not recognise the other...

I just hope you ain't sitting in your pants writing this but carry on if this pleases you!..I Doh!..at first did think you were serious TBH...

Ha,ha very good...you are one sad tw*t....it seems you live in a fantasy world,I grew up in the real world.

Your original post is poor,is the Mp5 a machine gun or assault rifle or hybrid?What would petrol do to my diesel Golf?Glock 19mm what both?Or can you not recognise the other...

I just hope you ain't sitting in your pants writing this but carry on if this pleases you!..I Doh!..at first did think you were serious TBH...

Sense of humour lacking..

Yep hold my hands up I got mugged...still not really a fitting post for a forum where the sport is under scrutiny..(that's not a defence btw) I got mugged... :wub:

I still think the poster is sitting in his Klingon onesie reading this....

I have got a sense of humour but I did believe this was serious and wasn't in OUR interest..doh!

Nuts I'm going to wash my bike..literally..and my Oshi-booms have arrived as I type...

In all seriousness the guns picture in the OP should be classed as imitation firearms as I understand the law. They are brightly coloured enough to loose the realistic tag but other than that they are modelled on real world guns in shape and features and hence despite the fact they don't fire real projectiles they would be classes as imitation firearms. Given that these would have a minimum age of 18 year old and yet I don't see an 18 sticker on them.

Could Morrisons in all seriousness be breaking the law by selling these to minors? Seems likely. Can the OP see if they can get a kid to buy one of these guns and record the whole thing, because such a breach of the law needs to be addressed seriously.

Edit - Infact the commencement order specifically mentions toy guns and the need to be bought by an adult. But just bare in mind testing if Morrisons breaks the law is itself an offence for the minor, they made both the purchaser and the seller liable there.

Fucking hell mate, this has ALREADY made it into the hall of fame!

Mp5 assault rifle used by Bin Laden?

XDXDXD

Added to my sig :D

• Supporters

Yep hold my hands up I got mugged...still not really a fitting post for a forum where the sport is under scrutiny..(that's not a defence btw) I got mugged... :wub:

I still think the poster is sitting in his Klingon onesie reading this....

I have got a sense of humour but I did believe this was serious and wasn't in OUR interest..doh!

Nuts I'm going to wash my bike..literally..and my Oshi-booms have arrived as I type...

everyone always talks about 'the sport being under scrutiny'... by who? who is scrutinising airsoft.

I'm pretty sure at the moment we're so far below the radar of policy and law makers that they can't even be arsed to fix the laws we've already got.

Come- on get a grip they are bright blue as advised...you're just teasing..

In all seriousness the guns picture in the OP should be classed as imitation firearms as I understand the law. They are brightly coloured enough to loose the realistic tag but other than that they are modelled on real world guns in shape and features and hence despite the fact they don't fire real projectiles they would be classes as imitation firearms. Given that these would have a minimum age of 18 year old and yet I don't see an 18 sticker on them.

Could Morrisons in all seriousness be breaking the law by selling these to minors? Seems likely. Can the OP see if they can get a kid to buy one of these guns and record the whole thing, because such a breach of the law needs to be addressed seriously.

Edit - Infact the commencement order specifically mentions toy guns and the need to be bought by an adult. But just bare in mind testing if Morrisons breaks the law is itself an offence for the minor, they made both the purchaser and the seller liable there.

everyone always talks about 'the sport being under scrutiny'... by who? who is scrutinising airsoft.

I'm pretty sure at the moment we're so far below the radar of policy and law makers that they can't even be arsed to fix the laws we've already got. ...

...by same people who scrutinise green-laners,the red-sox,Janet Street-fkin-porters gang,don't underestimate their power..the countryside is for everybody until you start interfering with their "freedom" to roam,i.e making it unsafe for them...

Really?

Your telling me that those pictured toys closely resemble a real gun to a normal person? That's the working definition of a Imitation Firearm.

Did you know there are companies that sell "wild fruit" products but they are technically breaking the law because you cannot sell wild fruit, berries or nuts for commercial gain as it's technically theft. If they are commercially grown then it's false advertising.

Nothing gets done because

1) The Police/trading standards have better things to do

2) nobody cares

You are all experts on pistols and the various models of them presumably, which models do the OPs pictured pistols resemble to you? If the answer is anything but "nothing real" then its an imitation firearm, because it resembles a real firearm. To me the left pistol is a 1911 and the right pistol resembles a 357 revolver. They are clearly designed to imitate real weapons. The fact they are brightly coloured is the one of the major points of the VCRA, its what distinguishes a realistic imitation firearm from an imitation firearm.

The fact its bright blue doesn't make an airsoft pistol resembling the same guns a toy, it makes it an imitation firearm. You could paint it 40% orange and 60% blue if you liked and that airsoft pistol would still be classed as an imitation firearm and look mighty similar to these water pistols. Otherwise we would have the 100% two tone gun that anyone of any age could buy. If we take a look on justbbguns (the one place I could think of that has air guns with such colours) we can clearly see guns that look very similar to these water pistols, an example - http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/518/2-TONE-BB-PISTOLS/344/GAS-PISTOLS/444/HG106-PISTOL. Notice on the right on that page where it requires you to confirm you are 18....they think it counts as an imitation firearm under the law and I agree with them.

Morrisons is wrong, its selling IFs to minors (presumably since no one has confirmed if it has an age restriction on its sale) in breach of the VCRA. They have probably raked up 100's of accounts of breaches of the law if not thousands at this point, there is a lot of jail time that is going to be served when they get caught. I think the law is pretty clear cut on the point, if you want to make a pistol it must not resemble any realistic weapon in use today or that has been built in the last 160 years or so. Which is why Tesco is using futuristic clearly nonsense shapes for their water pistols. I am deadly serious, I think Morrisons is breaking the law, and if they aren't breaking the law then the whole two tone 18 year old requirement we have for airsoft guns is nonsense as well. I think reporting Morrisons is potentially good for Airsoft, having a company with deep pockets try and argue its way out of thousands of years of jail time and fines could ultimately get us another type of defence or set a useful precedent in law. Or it will confirm what we already know, that two tone guns like these can't be sold to minors.

Does anyone know what size they are?

a height of 38mm and a length of 70mm. An imitation firearm with dimensions less than this is to be regarded as unrealistic

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.