Bizarre vfc issue

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a vfc recon m4...And it's developed a funny habit... Not really a habit, but last skirmish it would refuse to fire in semi a couple of times. I used it on semi pretty much all day for around 4k rounds but about 4 times you would pull the trigger (full travel) and nothing would happen.

You fixed it by either "safe-semi" or "full-semi"... So move the selector and is back to working again. The problem never happened in quick succession... If it happened in one game, it wouldn't occur for another hour or so... So no pattern.

I was going to bust open the gearbox anyway to have a poke... But before I do... Any ideas?

• Supporters

Try tightening the little screw in the back of the fire selector, it might be as simple as it slipping out of place. Used to happen on my TM M4 too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.