WE GBB M4A1

fish6634

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Same!!

My team have all gone gas, the feeling is just different gear mate. They are a total pain in the ass but the feeling you get is amazing AEG just dont compare. Not fired a TM Sodmod though. Im hoping to have the whole team on 30 round mags in the end.

Milspecsoloutions sell em and if money aint a problme they do the RA Tech upgraded one for £600 , but time ya add mags as well ya looking at £900 lol

Im Skint to saving for mine as we speak.

If ya get one before me let me know how ya get on. £315 is best i found with Epas fitted. If ya find better deal let me know mate.

Regards

Jay

Sinister 616

Get them stock (NO RA-tech parts) and just add the NPAS.

Once a trigger part fails eventually, replace the entire trigger parts with RA-tech, or just replace that 1 failed part with a WE part.

I have a 416 which is pretty much the M4 and its bloody fantastic, and not a pain in the arse at all.

Get them stock (NO RA-tech parts) and just add the NPAS.

Once a trigger part fails eventually, replace the entire trigger parts with RA-tech, or just replace that 1 failed part with a WE part.

I have a 416 which is pretty much the M4 and its bloody fantastic, and not a pain in the arse at all.

And replacing all the trigger parts with RATECH requires replacing the BCG as well, less you want to mincemeat the zinc bolt. But then that brings the issue of Quality control to light. You have absolutely no guarantee the "upgraded" BCG will even work OOTB, most require fairly extensive modification, which is why milspec are not stocking said BCG at the moment.

My Bolt Carrier has like ZERO wear on it from the trigger and it came with the RA-Tech trigger group OOTB

• Supporters

Kiwi is right about the Ra-tech bolts, right pieces of sh*t they are.

As Tariq says, buy stock definitely, WE's quality control isn't very good so it may last ages, it may last a couple thousand rounds, then upgrade. For the trigger set, go for CWI over ra-tech or just replace with standard WE parts and hope you get a good one. No need to upgrade the bolt though, keep the stock one- not bad and lighter than upgrade ones.

Kiwi is right about the Ra-tech bolts, right pieces of sh*t they are.

As Tariq says, buy stock definitely, WE's quality control isn't very good so it may last ages, it may last a couple thousand rounds, then upgrade. For the trigger set, go for CWI over ra-tech or just replace with standard WE parts and hope you get a good one. No need to upgrade the bolt though, keep the stock one- not bad and lighter than upgrade ones.

And it's not just for WE that the RATECH bolts are iffy, every time I see a 2nd hand WA/Ino/G&P listed with one, a little part of me dies inside, as they are more expensive than the better upgraded bolt's.

• Supporters

An RA Tech upgraded WE M4 will not set you back £600 lol, they're barely a touch over £400.

Personally I'd just buy the RA Tech one from the get go, my L85 has RA Tech everything apart from the bolt carrier and it's not skipped a beat. I don't have any doubts that the M4 would be any different and I plan to get an RA Tech'd one as soon as funds allow.

An RA Tech upgraded WE M4 will not set you back £600 lol, they're barely a touch over £400.

Personally I'd just buy the RA Tech one from the get go, my L85 has RA Tech everything apart from the bolt carrier and it's not skipped a beat. I don't have any doubts that the M4 would be any different and I plan to get an RA Tech'd one as soon as funds allow.

I have seen this one Ed

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/ra-tech-custom-guns-87/ra-tech-we-m4-ras-lvl-2-479

Although i think you pay the extra £ for the heavy bolt, and im most people say you dont need that.

You 100% gas now? How do you find it lasts all day? reliable all day? use whole tin of gas?

• Supporters

Holy shit, last time I looked on Milspec the RA Tech M4 CQBR was £420. That's a ridiculous price hike. I think I'll just buy a stock one now instead.

Though actually, it's still a fairly normal price on TQM: http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/ratech-customwem4ras-p-1028.html?osCsid=a12f9d8a09cdd5f4852c6b411307fe91

And since Iain blocked me like a child instead of allowing me to talk to him, I won't be dealing with Milspec again anyway.

On a brighter note however, I have gone all gas, yeah. Well, I say all gas, I still have my G&G AK but that's only in case something breaks that I can't fix on site with the L85, or if I just want to have a more casual game and hose the shit out of everything with mid caps lol.

I use Coleman's propane and 2 full canisters of it last me about 3 game days, it starts to run out a bit towards the end of the 3rd, so I'll always take a couple with me to be on the safe side. I buy them from Go Outdoors for about £7 a bottle, I've also been using .28 Bastard BBs from Patrol Base, which are £12 for 2000 and also last me 3 game days, so on average I spend between £8 and £11 on gas and ammo per game day and most of the time the L85 performs without a hitch, used it in 4°C and it was totally fine, planning on getting some CO2 mags for the winter, all the parts seem perfectly in order.

Got some DIY mods on the bolt to stop it from deforming, I've got a spare bolt, spare nozzle, spare trigger mech, even a spare upper receiver and 3 V1 magazines, which were all in a trade for the many many ICS L85 spares I had, so that was a very good parts swap indeed. I think I ought to be able to run it without issues for a fairly long while. My biggest fear is having to dismantle the trigger mechanism, or my mags developing leaks.

But yah (Y) S'all good in the hood. I'm actually thinking of selling my DMR since it failed so hard, and with the money I'm going to get a WE M4.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.