Rifle maintenance/cleaning

Dutch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

So some of you would of noticed I've just bought my first ever airsoft Rifle (AUG v5, the one with the Barratt 50 cal barrel) and just wanted to ask around here about general cleaning/maintenance advice before I start trolling the web.

It came with a cleaining rod and used to doing stuff like that. It's the cleaning of the internals etc that I'm not sure on. Do I use something like wd40 to keep the parts lubed up or do I use something else? And how often should I clean it?

Sorry for the noob questions...BUT I'M A NOOB!! Cheers

Dutch

post-8896-0-61080600-1400627690_thumb.jpg

As above, dont open anything unless something is broke or your ugprading.

The only internal part to clean is the barrel.

• Supporters

Tbh I don't even bother with the barrel, so long as you don't pour shit down it there ought to be no issues.

Been running my AK totally stock for almost a year now and it's no skipped a beat yet. Never cleaned my ICS L85s barrel in the 2+ years I had it either, and that had a 6.01mm tightbore in it.

Yeah man aegs arnt really that clean important, maybe just the barrel every once in a while, its gas guns you need to clean because of all the , moving parts.

Bolt action gas FTW, only needs a bolt grease and a striker plate degrease every now an then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised you didn't get a more emphatic version of this already: DO NOT USE WD40! Keep that stuff well away from any part of your gun. Petroleum-based lubes will degrade the rubber parts of your weapon, as Swoop mentioned.

Earlier posters have covered everything, I just wanted to drop a +1 on WD40 thing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.