Cheap alternative to go pro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what do people think of an action shot camera as a cheap alt to go pro?

They have them for £20 at toys are us :)

look at some videos filmed with them and decide. just because its 1080p does not mean its any good.

I know side by side compromising with gopro hd2 to veho 1080p, the veho had slight better picture, an a ton better sound. it cost less and came with tons of accessories (built in screen, mounts, straps, remote control etc). Thou to be fair, I find mine fairly awkward to mount

Last thing I heard, when gopro 3 was released, was that the white and silver is good competitors, but that black beats much anything else on the market. but I guess the others would have upped their game by now.

oh and I have a cheap Chinese thing aswell.. it's pretty worthless.

I was thinking just for giggles :)
If I was gonna invest I'd look at the higher end ones,
but recently every event I've been to I've fallen on my ass.
It needs to be shared with the world lol

Had a unfortunate accident at Wentworth recently where I speared my gun in to the ground like a javlin :)

I use the GoPro Hero 3 Black. At the moment, the Hero 3 White goes for just under £190 on Amazon. The main differences between the Black version and the White is the low light performance (with Black having very good low light performance and the white's LLP not being too good).

If you need any help looking for a good headcam, just send me a PM.

I looked and used many alternatives before settling on a go-pro 2,what I always look for is onboard storage and onboard batteries.At least look for one that gives you the oppotunity to change batteries and cards allowing more film time,also quality of picture obviously..the Go-pro 2 is amazing but the 3 didn't get such good reviews(prolly the White cheaper version) it appears they HAD to do something to retain their place in the market.

The main issues I found is low light to bright light transfer,the Go-pro is almost instant where the others caused a white screen temporarily.

The Go-pro is expensive but then I use mine for cycling,airsoft and MX....

It's £20 what can you expect.... :wacko:

Cheers guys :)
Think I need to amp up my research,
and save a shit load lol :)

£250 is alot still lol
I could get a whole new gun for that :)

£250 is alot still lol

I could get a whole new gun for that :)

For a camera that retails at £350 with no mounts, it was a damn good deal!

For the £250 I got the camera, wifi controller, headband mount, three sticky surface mounts, a stick mount (pole to attach camera to), handlebar mount, surfboard mount, a waterproof (diving) housing and the normal housing.

It was a good package, especially for people who do water sports.

I use the GoPro Hero 3 Black. At the moment, the Hero 3 White goes for just under £190 on Amazon. The main differences between the Black version and the White is the low light performance (with Black having very good low light performance and the white's LLP not being too good).

If you need any help looking for a good headcam, just send me a PM.

...and weight. cant attach white to a parrot drone apparently. and hd slowmo?

interesting about low light performance. never heard that. had my action cam attached to bike helmet with my 700 lum light cycling the forest in the night. bright and clear, but can hardly see anything on the footage.

...and weight. cant attach white to a parrot drone apparently. and hd slowmo?

interesting about low light performance. never heard that. had my action cam attached to bike helmet with my 700 lum light cycling the forest in the night. bright and clear, but can hardly see anything on the footage.

I've been able to attach my Black to one of my friend's Quad drone things. His white has been able to attach there before as well.

I'm going to be playing a game within the next 2 weeks at an indoor site at night, I'll post the footage in low light from when I'm there.

I've been able to attach my Black to one of my friend's Quad drone things. His white has been able to attach there before as well.

I'm going to be playing a game within the next 2 weeks at an indoor site at night, I'll post the footage in low light from when I'm there.

I understood the white was too heavy for that. and do that, that be great!

Im tempted :)
£250 was a good price, but still alot :)

GoPro do complete giveaways (EVERYTHING that they sell on their website excluding old versions of the Hero) every week at GoPro.com. might be a good idea entering that if you are interrested, but don't want to pay. Who knows, you miht get lucky :P

Im tempted :)

£250 was a good price, but still alot :)

true :)

we'll have to see what happens :)

black friday has been and gone, and I might get lucky.

The internet is a big place lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a cheap Go-pro the first version and TBh the picture quality is superb and on par with my Go-pro 2,these can be had <£1oo,all the batteries are compatible and I run a 16GB card in both...well worth the money.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.