What does your spouse think?

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So what does your Spouse/Significant other think?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. o what does your Spouse/Significant other think?

• she only lets me buy airsoft stuff if she can buy shoes
    • she isnt fussed
    • she'd rather i didnt do it
    • she goes not me!
    • she loves it!!!
    • what spouse?

Mine don't care as long as I can justify how much I spend on it haha

She mountain bikes so in a way we both ignore how much we both spend.

My other half hates guns of any kind but appreciates that they are essentially toys, like above we go both mountain biking & she knows that Airsoft is much cheaper so she's happy me & my son have something to do together.

Although she thinks our loadouts are scary and hates to see us in them lol

My other half hates guns of any kind but appreciates that they are essentially toys, like above we go both mountain biking & she knows that Airsoft is much cheaper so she's happy me & my son have something to do together.

Although she thinks our loadouts are scary and hates to see us in them lol

haha scary? in what way!

i like the fact you use it to spend time with your son. maybe there's another poll right there (family airsofting).

mine doesn't care, she loved yesterday but is suffering for it now! we both have our hobbies and we both respect the fact that its nice to have some space doing our own things as well.

My wife thinks it's great. My other pastime is fishing so either one gets her a day to herself.

She likes Airsofting because our son is in to it but hates fishing so we get time together.

As long as I don't over spend and she gets to buy stuff for herself she is happy.

Its not the money she is concerned with, its the welts. Every week I come back with a nice collection of them and everytime she goes doe eyed when I get undressed and she sees the extent of it. CQB is brutal for injuries from getting shot.

haha scary? in what way!

She just hates military clothes & what they represent. She once fired my LR300 & just put it down with a worried look on her face, she hates violence in any way. As I used to box i dont really have a problem with it. but face mask's & military uniforms makes her uneasy

My wife thinks it's great. My other pastime is fishing so either one gets her a day to herself.

She likes Airsofting because our son is in to it but hates fishing so we get time together.

As long as I don't over spend and she gets to buy stuff for herself she is happy.

Thats awesome you can go with your son, mine is only 1 year old so maybe a little young. But cant wait for those days.

Although i could use him as a shield?? lol

Mine just doesn't get it. She said if I want to play soldier, I should join the army and do it for real.

.... I kind of see her point.

What & kill people ?

The way I see it, you get to shoot people & have a laugh about it afterwards, In real life there is a chance you could die a million nasty ways......why spoil the fun of gun play with the death thing lol

• Supporters

A friend of mine challenged me to work out how much I'd spent on airsoft (which came to a hideously large number) and then said "best make sure Sam doesn't find out!". Sam being my wife. She said that she wasn't really bothered because it's my money and as long as it's not stopping us doing other stuff then why should she stop me doing stuff I enjoy. The bit that annoys her is the space it takes up and the general mess I make leaving bits everywhere!

She always looks on in concern when I reveal my welts with a boyish grin though. Bless her.

• Supporters

Yeah... I did it once. Never again

• Supporters

a guy asked me how much my pistol cost the last time I skirmished it, doing the maths in my head as I went made me feel a bit sick, I hadn't ever really thought about the whole total since I'd bought it in stages over the space of about 5 or 6 months. (£946 plus £125 for the holster :( )

If I were to do that for all of the stuff over the years I'd have a breakdown, sell it all and buy a little house to cry in.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.