New younger player looking for tips!

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

AK's need either 1) the receiver side rail specific mount (generally on AK74s), or 2) an aftermarket mount in place of the nomal leaf sight, or 3) a railed upper handguard. The Upper receiver cover generally wobbles a little on most airsoft AKs so is generally no good for mounting a sight on. There is also a sight mount available for TM (Marui) style plastic bodied AK47 variants which screw mounts ahead of the magazine well without modification to the gun.

Modern Cyma guns are pretty good value but as said you'd probably find you need to have it downgraded as they are a little hot (powerful) for most (if not all) sites. In which case get the shimming checked and have it re-lubricated at the same time.

Everyone has their own preference on retailers but I've found Airsoft World & Action Hobbies good for Chinese AEGs (EG Cyma, JG etc) and Firesupport good for Top end stuff and parts, spares etc.

Nice, I think I will roll with an M4, The overall availability of parts etc is definately a selling point,

I feel awful for constantly bumping this thread but hey ho.

Aight, So here is a rough round up of everything I should buy to make an entrance to the sport, If you can offer a link to a good website that has a nice, cheap version of what I want, Please do.

• AEG - G&G M4 CM16
  • A Dump Pouch
  • A Belt Mounted Pistol Holster [For a future Glock-17 (TM?)]
  • A Molle 'Battle Belt' One mag pouch will be used for carrying water (Good call Longshot)
  • Light clothing, A thermal for winter (Don't need to buy anything ;). )

Once again I call out for your help, Except links for this kit, I plan to buy a reflex sight (The thin ones, Not like a tube) and a 'protector' so that if a stray bb comes, the glass won't crack, Be it a metal mesh or a second glass shield, I just really don't want to lose quality kit, I was thinking this?

• Supporters

don't buy the holster til you buy the pistol, you may find that a fabric holster is a massive pain in the ass (I certainly do) and if you want a hard plastic holster you'll need to match it to the model of pistol you've bought!

belt kit is a good place to start, they're cheap enough to get and give you plenty of room to carry what's required for the average game day.

Yeah, I second both points, on page one you can see I wanted a light setup, making the most of my youth, so to speak. I didn't plan to buy the holster yet either, but again, fabric or solid (plastic?)

Other than that, I repeat my previous question about the reflex sight, it'd help alot .

Thanks from all the positive feedback. On another forum I tried they shrugged me off as a waste of their time, but right now I truly am grateful to be a part of this community, will buy the patch if I have Velcro space on my future gear.

Cheers again, Reece ;)

• A Molle 'Battle Belt' One mag pouch will be used for carrying water (Good call Longshot)

Before committing to a battle belt, I'd look around a little. Your typical MOLLE battle belt is comprised of a belt, the MOLLE battle belt, a yoke (or harness) as well as the pouches. I'd actually suggest one of the Bulle lightweight chest rigs. I looked into buying a multicam battle belt a while ago; costing looked like this:

• Battle Belt: £29.99
  • Issue webbing belt: £14.99
  • Yoke: £24.99

That's £69.97 without pouches or shipping. (these are typical prices I encountered)

However, the Bulle Lightweight Chest Rig has all you need for £39.95- space for 6 M4/G36/AUG or 4 AK mags, 2 zip-up utility pouches which can fit BB bottles, small gas cans, water bottles etc, MOLLE loops on the back panel for hydration pouches, a zip up map pouch, and MOLLE on the front of all 3 pouches for an admin pouch, pistol mag pouches, hanging pyro's off etc.

The price has actually hiked a lot since I bought mine, they were £25 each a month or so ago. They come in Multicam, Olive Drab and Tan.

mctmb4nx500a.jpg

As for quality, Bulle stuff is outstanding for the price- their products are (mostly) cheap and usually have the quality and construction of more expensive brands- and they're based in the UK!

You can find a lot of their stuff here: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/index.php

Another option is the more gucci Tactical Tailor Mini MAV. They are incredibly tiny, about half the size of this Bulle rig ^ and are £10 cheaper. They have a small amount of MOLLE, and come with no pouches, however there's enough space for a triple mag pouch of any style (including double stacked ones which have mags along the front) and 2 pistol mag pouches/grenade pouches/whatever fits onto a 1x2 MOLLE loop slot.

You can get them and other Tactical Tailor products from here: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk <- hell of a site, great people :)

Direct link to Mini MAV: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-mini-mav-23019-1717-p.asp

£32.99 for it in Multicam, £31.99 in any other colour (includes black, OD and Coyote Brown)

cbaabf33b8adbc49f93351fd72c09115.jpg

I own one of these and it's great quality, all of their products are made in Tacoma Heights, Washington, USA, and are all individually checked for quality (the checker even signs their name :D )

You can fit admin pouches to the front of the mag pouches and other small pouches/MOLLE velcro patches.

Hope this helps :)

That helped an insane amount ;)

So if I wanted to attach a dump pouch, that is all I need and will it just attach somewhere?

Also can I adjust the straps or w/e, It seems abit too high in that photo, I'd prefer it if it sat much lower :D

Thanks for the help, price would certainly be an important factor for me.

-Reece

Usually any chest rig can be raised or lowered to quite an extent - I personally like having them further up as it feels more secure. Trick is to make sure the straps around your waist can be tightened to the point that you can still breath but the rig doesn't have too much movement around your chest - i.e. it doesn't twist too much and become an annoyance.

Really I would recommend trying on rigs before you buy unless you know your correct measurements and how they compare to the one you're buying.

Dump pouches can be attached to virtually anything. I usually have mine on a regular belt under my rig. As long as it serves it's purpose and easy to access it's personal preference how you have it located on you - mine are always on the left as it's just habit for me to have it there.

Forgot to mention- if you end up going for the extremely hi-speed Mini MAV, a belt with a water bottle pouch or a hydration bladder on your back is recommended for transport of liquid

Very few ak's have a rail along the back, only the front.

If your looking for an ak with a rail along the back you want something like a CYMA 039U or CYMA 039C. I have the 039U and love it, but your going to be looking at spending 150 pound on one.

Alternatively you buy a RIS from ebay and drill and mount it on the top cover.

Thanks all, I think my mind is set on an M4 though, The AK seems quite uncustomizable, Which is one of the main selling points of a gun IMO, Also, The m4 is easily one of if not the most used gun in airsoft, so support for it won't be hard to come by.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=6076

That is the m4 I was looking to purchase, Should I buy it in Zero One 'god awful' two-tone or should I bring my dad along for 3 games and get him a UKARA so I can get it in standard black, It's 50/50 for me, As Idk how easy getting a UKARA is and whether it would be simple/legal for him to get one JUST for the gun.

Also if police do happen to pull me over I can have a valid reason (That it is two-toned) Rather than having to explain how a 14 year old came by a full black gun.

Helppp?

If you want a weapon that is non two tone you are going to have to get someone to "Give" you it.

If that means you take your dad along for 3 games in no less than 2 months then he buys it and "Gives" you it then thats what you need to do.

The problem you have is that your under 18. No shop will sell you a non two tone "legally".

My parents would have to get it for me regardless, the question lies on whether or not to bother trying to get it full black.

No matter how tempting they look, do NOT buy from sites with "BB Gun" in the name. Some examples include OnlyBBGuns, BBGuns4Less, JustBBGuns and CheapBBGuns. Even if Jambwow says that the guns are awesome, they really aren't. (watch the linked video). They frequently inflate their prices (see my last Imgur status *on my profile*), and often charge over the RRP.

The moral of the story:7X3DutV.png

Try not to buy from America either. Customs may seize guns that you order, you will be hit with extortionate shipping fees and import tax will make everything more expensive no matter how cheap it looks. As a younger player, the US sites also try to charge huge prices for a simple two-tone painting service (example: Evike)

A few trustworthy sites that I have used include:
- Airsoft World (Based in Crossgates, Scotland) As they are my local store so I buy a lot of things from them & I cannot recommend them highly enough. Good range of products, low(ish) prices and a two-tone service (+£20 on any gun that they stock to have it painted)

- ZeroOne Airsoft VERY good for younger players as they can two-tone ANY gun for free. They have a very wide selection of guns (none pre two toned, so you would have to wait a little longer for it to arrive)

- Land Warrior Airsoft (Based near Edinburgh, Scotand) Stock almost NO two tone stuff (other than a few G&G Pink guns and some cheap Ares stuff) and won't spray any guns two tone , but they sell a lot of gear (vests, camouflage, magazines) at good prices.

- TaiwanGun (Based in Poland) Again, they stock NO two-tone stuff and won't spray guns. However, their prices are so damn low. Gear, parts, helmets, MOLLE pouches and also guns all cost significantly less to buy from them than from a lot of UK based retailers (including their £10 flat rate UK shipping and import tax)

on the subject of foreign dealers...

- RedWolf Airsoft (based in Hong Kong) because of their location (or something like that) they can sell guns for less than they did over here. They can do two tone, at an added cost. All prices are listed in US Dollars, but they have a UK retail shop, so they can get shipping done quite quickly provided that it is in stock at the UK retail store.

Hope this has helped you out a bit!

Haha ;)

Is there any large postal fees from Poland -> England?

TaiwanGun does look very nice and the price is nothing to complain about, I'll probably use it to buy non-essential kit, such as pouches and face masks ( I know face masks are essential, But there is only a certain margin of error involved, It is just a mask at the end of the day)

As for masks, I wouldn't want anything to fog, I was thinking of something like this:Tactical_Metal_Mesh_Half_Face_Mask_bk-1.

Ignore the silly writing etc, I just like the idea of mouth protection that allows for easy breathing and some clear goggles so I don't have to look through a mesh (I used to do fencing, Looking through a mesh for me is F*cking god bloody awful. (Sorry, I hated fencing, I shiver remembering it)

EDIT: You can't forget this for the rest of my face, It will cover most of my face from BBs and hopefully others can get a good laugh out of it too ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.