UK Beret help

Rabwolves

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As long as you shape it properly and don't run around with a floppy stores-fresh unshaped one then you won't look like a complete knobber :D

essentially, as long as you don't end up looking like this tool you'll be fine:

984032_1423574987894964_485699376_n.jpg

If you can't be arsed with shaping, Soldier of fortune do WW2 style ones that have bigger crowns and are worn unshaped.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/ww2-khaki-beret-product,11243

WW2%20Khaki%20Beret%2001.JPG

Do you see Samuel L Jackson and think "pufft I be he never completed his basic training"?

No you don't, you think "Bad Motherlover"

So long as you don't attach any insignia or metalwork to it and wear it properly non one is going to care.

Do you worry the same about imitating servicemens camo patterns?

Do you see Samuel L Jackson and think "pufft I be he never completed his basic training"?

No you don't, you think "Bad Motherlover"

So long as you don't attach any insignia or metalwork to it and wear it properly non one is going to care.

Do you worry the same about imitating servicemens camo patterns?

Good point but then again it's just standard practical wear. Berets I felt are much more personal. My stepdad served with the fusiliers and went mental when I was young and tried his on (for the record he's not a nutter, at far as a stepparent goes anyway lol). It's why I started the post just to ensure I don't get a slap, like Mr Super Army Soldier in the previous post will probably get. At least we have our own badge (my profile pic) so that's a start.

Good point but then again it's just standard practical wear. Berets I felt are much more personal. My stepdad served with the fusiliers and went mental when I was young and tried his on (for the record he's not a nutter, at far as a stepparent goes anyway lol). It's why I started the post just to ensure I don't get a slap, like Mr Super Army Soldier in the previous post will probably get. At least we have our own badge (my profile pic) so that's a start.

You could be a bit indie and see if you can get your team's logo created in cap badge form? I reckon that'd be pretty cool either in alloys or in plastic

• Supporters

or just fabric with a stiff plastic backer, wouldn't be the first to do it that way.

that said, a beret is a really impractical hat for fighting in so you'd probably be better off with some embroidered caps or similar.

Could get some pink helmet covers made to match the berets? :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.