UK Beret help

Rabwolves

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Maybe a strange question but I was wondering if anyone knew of any colour(s) the UK military DOESN'T use for their berets?

My team are looking at developing our look (already have a name and badge) and I can't really find much info regarding them, beret wise. I just don't want to inadvertently offend any veterans or serving by seeming to pretend to be part of a real unit.

All help appreciated (oh and the first to say pink gets a one time offer of ten points :))

Here's a full list ofall the colours used if you're interested too (about halfway down the page, under No.8 Combat Dress):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_uniform

Cheers mate, very helpful. Not a lot of choice left, it may have to be pink lol

According to that guide: Light Grey = Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. Dark Grey = Queen Alexandria's Royal Army nursing corps. So um yeah lol

Black isn't generic, its Royal Armoured Corps.

Khaki was the ww2 fallback for any unit (officers only) so I doubt it has any significance now.

You could always go for a fake wolf fur trappers hat (Russian style).

I don't think people will care really so long as your beret badge is not impersonating one of the armed forces, you should be fine, if you want to play it safe go navy blue or khaki but really only the badge makes a difference

( i think)

It depends, usually it's beret colour that represents a certain qualification such as parachute course or the royal marine course, ect and the cap badge represents your branch or trade or home unit. So you could have a green beret with a logistics cap badge.

• Supporters

I dunno, every time I see a maroon or green beret on a skinny 17 year old I think to myself... "tosser".

Which is completely irrational I know, I've never earned either of those berets either, and my navy blue one only took 8 weeks to get (you fcking sprog Mike636, get the wets on) but for some reason it still gets me. Not that I'd ever express it to them, they're entirely within their rights to wear whatever the hell they like to airsoft.

Which is completely irrational I know, I've never earned either of those berets either, and my navy blue one only took 8 weeks to get (you fcking sprog Mike636, get the wets on)

It's 10 weeks now! Sprogs making wets is for dabbers! We have had much more civilised "wheel of tea" SMR wets are always the best !

Perhaps, although it does differ from branches for instance, the navy and RAF usually wear blue berets whereas the Soldiers on the ground would have green maroon khaki etc ( Excluding the RAF regiment, i dont know what they have as beret colour etc)

Also i dont know how practical berets are in airsoft, they might slide about and fall off, but if you have it tight it hurts a bit, i personally wouldn't wear one but if your team wants to,go ahead

• Supporters

It's 10 weeks now! Sprogs making wets is for dabbers! We have had much more civilised "wheel of tea" SMR wets are always the best !

I didn't know you were part of the WAFU master race, or if I did I had forgotten!

Still a sprog mind.

RAF Regiment where the standard RAF Blue Beret.

Personally, as someone who wears the generic blue beret (Army, however!) on a daily basis I wouldn't take offence to a Beret being worn, and I don't think anyone else would either.

Stable belts and TRF's however, I'm not so sure.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.