Rate this Gearbox

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

considering its £25 probably going to break very fast. Just dont buy it, you might as well use a blow pipe, probably better rof and will last longer

• Supporters

It's £25 - what are you hoping for?

If this is for your custom M4 build I'd say save a bit and get one of these: http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/gearbox-parts/lonex-complete-gearbox-sp150-ultra-torque-for-m4-m16-series.html

Of course - for that money you could just buy a whole new gun....

It's £25 - what are you hoping for?

If this is for your custom M4 build I'd say save a bit and get one of these: http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/gearbox-parts/lonex-complete-gearbox-sp150-ultra-torque-for-m4-m16-series.html

Of course - for that money you could just buy a whole new gun....

Understood.

Ahah! My beloved JG V2!

These gearboxes are some of the best you can get if you can do simply tuning like Shimming,AOE correction and re greasing.

The parts quality in the box is great. Some are better than the stuff you find in higher end stuff. Assembly,greasing quality etc.. are horriffic to be frank but half an hours worth of work can get it to fantastic performance. This gearbox is very durable and reliable in my experiences. Great bang for buck

Shells are often well cast out of Zamak and have the reinforcement in all the right places. Very strong shells,especially for the price.

Gears on it are some of the strongest stock gears about. Bit noisy due to messy machine and casting work but very,very durable. Can take m150 spring no problem.

Piston,assuming it's the newest production run of the gearboxes has half steel teeth with the 2nd tooth already removed to correct for AOE. Very,very durable piston. Newer JG pistons are very stronk.

Piston head has the best seal out of a chinese gun I've seen. I have had trouble finding a better sealing head in a stock gun barring a TM one which was not supposed to,and did not deserve to seal so well :P.

Cylinder is standard brass stuff. It's grand. Could do with some polishing to rid the old grease

Cylinder head could use a new O ring but is usable.

Nozzle is not too great but usable. I'd replace with an O ringed nozzle.

Tappet plate is very strong. Popular among DSG build users since it's flexible and durable to keep up with the stress of a DSG.

The one I worked on had metal bushings but due to QC and batch inconsistency some may come with plastic bushings. You can get decent metal,non oil channel metal bushings for very cheap and replacing them is an easy job.

Wiring is not great but usable.

Spring guide is very good quality- Due to Q/C and batch inconsistency they might be ball bearing or not ball bearing. The one I worked on was steel and ball bearing

Overall- If you are prepared to invest an extra 10 quid for some new grease, a packet of shims & some metal bushings and sacrifice an hour for tech work it's a great gearbox. It's one of the better prebuilt drop ins about.

My recommendations for a drop in Gearbox would either be this one or a Lonex one.

You get really good bang for buck with this one.

However if you just want something that's great performing,requires no work and very reliable I'd recommend Lonex,also re-branded under ASG ultimate pre built gearboxes. These are fancier,come with better air seal parts & wiring. Drive train on them is also good. They are pricey but lonex parts are some of the best out there and well worth it for people who do not wish to do a lot of tech work.

Ahah! My beloved JG V2!

These gearboxes are some of the best you can get if you can do simply tuning like Shimming,AOE correction and re greasing.

The parts quality in the box is great. Some are better than the stuff you find in higher end stuff. Assembly,greasing quality etc.. are horriffic to be frank but half an hours worth of work can get it to fantastic performance. This gearbox is very durable and reliable in my experiences. Great bang for buck

Shells are often well cast out of Zamak and have the reinforcement in all the right places. Very strong shells,especially for the price.

Gears on it are some of the strongest stock gears about. Bit noisy due to messy machine and casting work but very,very durable. Can take m150 spring no problem.

Piston,assuming it's the newest production run of the gearboxes has half steel teeth with the 2nd tooth already removed to correct for AOE. Very,very durable piston. Newer JG pistons are very stronk.

Piston head has the best seal out of a chinese gun I've seen. I have had trouble finding a better sealing head in a stock gun barring a TM one which was not supposed to,and did not deserve to seal so well :P.

Cylinder is standard brass stuff. It's grand. Could do with some polishing to rid the old grease

Cylinder head could use a new O ring but is usable.

Nozzle is not too great but usable. I'd replace with an O ringed nozzle.

Tappet plate is very strong. Popular among DSG build users since it's flexible and durable to keep up with the stress of a DSG.

The one I worked on had metal bushings but due to QC and batch inconsistency some may come with plastic bushings. You can get decent metal,non oil channel metal bushings for very cheap and replacing them is an easy job.

Wiring is not great but usable.

Spring guide is very good quality- Due to Q/C and batch inconsistency they might be ball bearing or not ball bearing. The one I worked on was steel and ball bearing

Overall- If you are prepared to invest an extra 10 quid for some new grease, a packet of shims & some metal bushings and sacrifice an hour for tech work it's a great gearbox. It's one of the better prebuilt drop ins about.

My recommendations for a drop in Gearbox would either be this one or a Lonex one.

You get really good bang for buck with this one.

However if you just want something that's great performing,requires no work and very reliable I'd recommend Lonex,also re-branded under ASG ultimate pre built gearboxes. These are fancier,come with better air seal parts & wiring. Drive train on them is also good. They are pricey but lonex parts are some of the best out there and well worth it for people who do not wish to do a lot of tech work.

I am down with teching.

This ok for a standard field gun?

It's perfectly fine for a standard field gun. If you have good mechanical knowledge basic tech work should be easy enough. Shimming is just trial and error,AOE is very simple and regreasing is literally child's play.

I'll be sure to have a crack at it. Durability in respect for a CQB build?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.