Manufacturer's out of the box performance

Dan_W

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think we have a way to go yet before parts like (reliable) MOSFETs and parts become standard. There may be a day when mid range guns can reliably shoot with an 11.1 lipo, but it's a heck of a long a way away before Chinese clones can adjust to this.

Thing is, and one of my big points,is that guns can be adjusted to this very cheaply and easily, but manufacturers are not doing this to save pennies on overall cost,reduce construction time which means more guns cranked out and reduce cost on QC.

Personally,as long as a gun comes with AOE corrected OOTB,a usable mosfet, deans connectors and a neodymium motor ( in addition to standard internals of a modern gun,i.e steel gears,nylon piston,all that craic) I would be happy enough. I'd be extra happy if it came with Marui levels of OCD quality control but unfortunately paying workers is not a good option for some manufacturers :P

• Supporters

Thing is, and one of my big points,is that guns can be adjusted to this very cheaply and easily, but manufacturers are not doing this to save pennies on overall cost,reduce construction time which means more guns cranked out and reduce cost on QC.

Personally,as long as a gun comes with AOE corrected OOTB,a usable mosfet, deans connectors and a neodymium motor ( in addition to standard internals of a modern gun,i.e steel gears,nylon piston,all that craic) I would be happy enough. I'd be extra happy if it came with Marui levels of OCD quality control but unfortunately paying workers is not a good option for some manufacturers :P

So how much extra would you be prepared to pay for all this out of the box reliability/performance?

I seem to remember you saying in another thread that you don't see the point of paying big numbers for a gun and that you'd rather buy something cheap and upgrade it so I wonder if you would even buy a gun that came with all the stuff you're saying you want and still leave it alone!

In terms of general AEG weapons, G&G top tech guns are great out of the box and I've heard very good things about the Lonex M4s but ultimatley a £90 CYMA does what it needs to with nothing more than a battery and some ammo! Maybe your expectations of what can or indeed should be done to an off the shelf product are a little high?

To put this into perspective, it's like turning up your nose at a Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini or similar high end sports car in favour of a cheap 1997 Vauxhall Astra you can put some aftermarket performance tuners in.

With a lot of expenditure you could theoretically get the performance of the expensive cars, however you just won't get the quality...

Being realistic with Irish airsoft prices I'd pay about 250-300 euro,350 max for a gun with the previously mentioned mods done out of the box,assuming it's an M4 with a standard metal body and no fancy castNC body like G&P and VFC,as well as being from a brand that does not generally have it's price inflated due to brand name.

Keep in mind the average ACM gun can cost up to 250 quid here. 300 euro is roughly what a proline lonex bog standard M4 costs.

If that gun existed and I was happy with the overall out of the box performance I would run it until it breaks then upgrade,assuming it breaks at all,if it's proper bombproof then I just leave it until I have a craving for more performance.

I like to compare ACM more to Japanese tuners or such other cars - Toyota Supra(To more higher tier ACM),Nissan Silvia,Honda Integras,Subaru Imprezas,etc..,all that stuff than can be tuned to beat some higher tier supercars in some elements.

• Supporters

I would choose Cyma over G&P any time. At least the AK or M14 over a G&P M4. A hongkong shop has sales for G&P products now with prices at a 1/3 of their original prices. That gives an idea about how overpriced G&P is.

To answer the orginal poster, you can buy an AEG right now that will do a fine job OOTB. What you can't buy is a high performance/speed AEG that will work reliably OOTB. You would need exceptional QC and pricy manufacturing techniques to mass produce a good DSG gun for example. I'm sure that day will come, just not for a while yet.

Bottom line is there has never been a better time to buy an AEG and with the amount of competition in the market, prices will fall and quality and innovation will rise.

• Supporters

I know that most are fantastic out of the box. But a perfect gun has yet to come.

The problem there is that everyone has a different idea of "perfect".

I'd like a high RoF, low FPS CQB beast, the next man might want a high accuracy DMR but we both want it to come in an M4. You can't please all the people. Ever, usually!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.