Advice needed please

Tazhunter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys name is james from Swansea, looking at getting back into airsoft and I'm after some advice with regards to a sniper rifle, I'm looking at either the well L96 or the VSR. But not sure what to get? Also what upgrades to get a good balance between accuracy and power Max 450fps? Any help you guys could give me I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advanced

• Supporters

VSR with modify rubber, SHS steel sears,a 45 degree metal piston and a spring. If you start with a JG-bar 10 then I would recommend a modify precision barrel too. Shim the hopup arm and you're good to go.

Thanks for the reply samurai, what would suggest going for? The VSR or the L96, also where would be te best place to get the parts from these days? Also I heard someone mention the miricle barrel? The 2 sites I'm going to play on the fps limits are 450 & 500 fps so as close to 450 with 0.25g BB as possible. Also looking for a increase in range and accuracy, I know it's only a airsoft rifle but used to be a guy on a site I used to play had a jg bar 10 and the range on that was awesome.

• Supporters

As BrightCandle said, measure with 0.20.

But do use it with 0.30 or heavier if the gun can spin it. The heavier the BB, the more accurate your shots are.

Personally I would go for a JG Bar-10 with the aforementioned parts. I had an L96 before for a short time but it was way too long, heavy, and because no-one makes aftermarket hopup rubber for it, quite useless.

When I built my bar-10 I was not in the UK yet and since we had a 600 fps limit I got a 90 degree piston and a hand-made steel trigger assembly too. For 450 the 45 degree one with the steel sears will do fine.

I think I've ordered the parts from wgcshop.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.