Airsoft spring sizes.

Loaded Panda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now, before anything else, please don't just hate on me because of my gun, it isn't the best but I get kills with it at woodland skirmishes so just factual help please.

So I own a, um, Double Eagle M85 G36C :lol: and It has served me well, but I feel it needs a power boost. I kept reading about how it isn't built to be upgraded, but I have opened it to replace the spring as I plan on a new gun soon anyway so why not? It is an m90 but it doesn't fit...

It is so much longer I can't see it ever going in and thee diameter is too big to fit in the cylinder (I think that is what it is called anyway). I had not read about difference in the aeg springs so why is it so wrong. The seller never mentioned diameter or length and I thought the springs would be fairly universal. What springs will fit? Thanks. Oh and it was a pain to open so would rather have increased fps so if I can't get a new spring any other options?

If it doesnt accept a standard M90/M100/Mxxx spring then its really a compatibility issue with your gun.

As its a Double Eagle, they are not really designed to upgrade, so I would think it may use its own type of spring.

I could be wrong though!

Now, before anything else, please don't just hate on me because of my gun, it isn't the best but I get kills with it at woodland skirmishes so just factual help please.

So I own a, um, Double Eagle M85 G36C :lol: and It has served me well, but I feel it needs a power boost. I kept reading about how it isn't built to be upgraded, but I have opened it to replace the spring as I plan on a new gun soon anyway so why not? It is an m90 but it doesn't fit...

It is so much longer I can't see it ever going in and thee diameter is too big to fit in the cylinder (I think that is what it is called anyway). I had not read about difference in the aeg springs so why is it so wrong. The seller never mentioned diameter or length and I thought the springs would be fairly universal. What springs will fit? Thanks. Oh and it was a pain to open so would rather have increased fps so if I can't get a new spring any other options?

You pretty much have the aswer in your post

• Supporters

Your best bet is to run with say .12g bb's if you want a "bit" more oomph or fps

Yes you will be all over the place a bit when you get to mid range upwards

But is the only real way you can squeeze a bit more juice out of it

Then save for a more decent gun £100 upwards G&G or ICS

SRC Dragon is maybe £80 + battery - but be careful with these

mine is firing slightly too hot 356 - 360, some can be reaching near 400 out of box

(110 ~ 130 might be used in these ???)

if your site is limiting to 328/100mps then a new spring will be needed

(might leave mine spring cocked overnight to just slightly reduce the punch a bit as my site is 350

if your site is 328 then G&G or ICS may be the better next step up 100 spring and slightly faster rps

These "cheaper" guns are simply you get what you pay for - I have learnt too (B500A1 owner)

these guns are not too bad for CQB but when you get say 40ft away you will get just get owned

maybe use a 8.4v battery - but no more as doubt if gun would take higher volts for too long

Your gun like my B500A1 is either a backup for CQB or garden target paractice

• Supporters

I "think" it is good gun but I have not been able to use in skirmishes coz it was just a tad too hot - just over

so I have not been able to put it through it paces - had it about a fortnight but alas hasn't been into battle

THIS IS NOT A REVIEW - I was just pointing out that it may be a bit too warm especially if site is 328

it is very light - easy to carry all day even for younger players

weird thing is my one is a crane stock one like the RIS metal M4

RIS model has crane battery in back/stock of gun

but SRC Dragon - or the BullDog rebranded one has battery in front handguard

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/SRC-M4A-E-OG-The-Dragon.html

use code: bbguns101 and get 7% off with free delivery

This model is best one - others have green in receiver and would be more to paint if UKARA

also this black/orange one is slightly shorter barrel - about 2 inches than other model

perhaps a tiny bit better for CQB or younger players

I am not saying get this gun - alas it comes with a mid cap mage that only seems to hold about 65 bb's

Now if you and some m8's had the "proper" M4 guns then you could club together and get

10 x Dytac 300 M4 mags for about £60 delivered from landwarrior

this is where things start to mount up a bit but this what I have done

Battery - well a 7.4v Zippy Compact 2200mah will just fit - a connector adapter required and also lipo charger

Zippy's are a couple of mm's smaller than Turnigy LiPo's of same spec - don't go no higher/bigger

am looking into maybe re-wring the battery to back but wires come out in different place so that project will wait

Now when you start getting near £100 you might be better off looking G&G or CIS as they should be hitting at 300 to 330

I am not telling anybody get this or get that - just pointing out forget the spring on old crappy gun

soz - but I got one myself and enjoy it as a backup cqb or garden plinker - that is all they are

The Dragon - might be just inder 350 - they like all guns do vary a tiny bit but will be 50% more punch for sure

just might be a bit too much if you go to other sites - many are 350 but think about 25 to 33% might be 328 or 100meters

Dragon would be perfect as a cheap gun if you had some hi-cap mags already and a spare 8.4v battery or 7.4v lipo

(wouldn't want to put a 11.1v lipo through it just yet)

@ under £75 delivered it is worth considering if you have some parts like I said

Or get a G&G or CIS like many say but you probably looking at about £115+ with delivery and still need a battery

The leaving gun compressed overnight can reduce the bite out of the spring a little I have been told but not a massive amount

or maybe you give them a call - found them quite helpful - better than jbbg muppets

ask them - nicely if you got one could they say test a few / chronograph it and give you say 345 one to be safe

(you can only only ask)

I mean you can really badly adjust hopup to get fps down or other tricks but that isn't very fair when site asks for chrono

and besides if I get the gun setup all nice I don't wann keep messing with it each weekor so to use it

plus if people are gonna "cheat" at sites chrono are they gonna really takes their hits on the field ???

(don't wanna be called a cheat before you even get out there and besides most of time site will supply their mags for chrono)

But if you want punch on a budget - that Dragon ain't bad though maybe a tad too much bite but you could ask them before you buy

Long post on src dragon.

I wouldn't get the src dragon. SRC internals aren't bad but they won't last. If you want a lasting gun, G&G is the way to go. If you have some more money, get an ICS

• Supporters

I wouldn't get the src dragon. SRC internals aren't bad but they won't last. If you want a lasting gun, G&G is the way to go. If you have some more money, get an ICS

Your ICS is a good gun but if any of the smaller sized players use it they may find the full size fixed stock a little too big

though it will take almost any battery - also has metal outer barrel instead of plastic outer barrel like on some cheaper G&G

all the other ICS I think take battery up at handguard - think the smaller chubby fixed stock takes battery up at front

But I could be wrong as I am still a noob, but it is weird some guns have the crane on dragon yet still have battery up front

And I did say if he had more money then look at G&G or ICS but that may end up costing another £40+ inc del

(£75 delivered as opposed to £115 aprox delivered and and battery will still be required possible charger if going 7.4v lipo)

Not going to get in a long row or debate over this have pointed out a few things on SRC to consider like being hot for some sites

Any of the 3 will be better than what he has atm

As DelBoy Trotter said in the market:

"These are not your usual Chinese or Honk Kong rubbish"

"This is high quality Taiwanese Engineering"

Your ICS is a good gun but if any of the smaller sized players use it they may find the full size fixed stock a little too big

though it will take almost any battery - also has metal outer barrel instead of plastic outer barrel like on some cheaper G&G

all the other ICS I think take battery up at handguard - think the smaller chubby fixed stock takes battery up at front

But I could be wrong as I am still a noob, but it is weird some guns have the crane on dragon yet still have battery up front

And I did say if he had more money then look at G&G or ICS but that may end up costing another £40+ inc del

(£75 delivered as opposed to £115 aprox delivered and and battery will still be required possible charger if going 7.4v lipo)

Not going to get in a long row or debate over this have pointed out a few things on SRC to consider like being hot for some sites

Any of the 3 will be better than what he has atm

As DelBoy Trotter said in the market:

"These are not your usual Chinese or Honk Kong rubbish"

"This is high quality Taiwanese Engineering"

I didn't mean to diss or anything. However, pictures only show what it looks like. You can't judge until you actually hold one. I'm 13, weak and a pretty small year 8. My stock is not that bad. If you don't like it, ICS sell many different styles. Stubby Stock version (same with a smaller stock), folding stock (like a g36c stock but a different style) and a standard m4 (Just your average m4.) I've held an SRC Dragon and they're very light and they're cheap. The reason they're £70 - £80 is because the externals aren't metal. Everything is plastic, even the buffer tube. However, SRC do make very good things like their g36 range. I almost bought one.

• Supporters

I own one myself - well actually two so I know they are are good gun

much heavier than dragon and a bit longer, but the "forward assist knob" is a good idea too

BUT it is 50% more than dragon and goes back to the "you get what you pay for"

I'm 5ft 8 and wouldn't like the stock no bigger and so was pointing out that it could be a little big for smaller players

and you are stuck with it unless you change stocks - which you may as well get a different model but most may have battery up front

if you got this model I suppose you could use an adjustable crane or smaller fixed and still have battery in the back which I prefer

I haven't tried G&G though I would like to try a Fire Hawk if I get UKARA & can find one in stock

YES ICS are a better gun than Dragon or most of SRC M4 Range - the G36 is nice and think most of my site hire guns are G36 SRC's

But like I say you would expect or hope for a better gun as the price goes up and except for a few models that are on offer

You could easily end up paying more than 50% - maybe twice the price of a Dragon if you bought another ICS model and/or different stock to go on it

Or not much change out of £150 if buying different model and/or different adjustable stock to your liking - and still get battery

(though you do get 2 mags but I only got 500bb's not 1,000 as many places say - plus delivery & paypal surcharge)

Any of the 3 would be better than the OP has atm - it is question of price

AND I ALSO DID SAY GET G&G or ICS IF YOU HAVE MORE MONEY AT THE VERY BEGINNING

and to quote yourself - you held a Dragon.....

I own them (not got a G&G so maybe I can't say get a G&G)

and ICS IS BETTER I agree but another £40 or so or another 50% more might be stretching some people's budget

at no point did I ever say get Dragon over ICS - c'mon I ain't that thick

Oh and somebody who has the stubby stcok version confirm if battery goes in stock or up at front handrail guard

coz when I went looking they seem to point to front battery - which like dragon with it's crane stock is weird ???

Otherwise I would of bought the stubby stcok ICS version instead of full size fixed stock

anyone got the stubby version in black/clear to confirm battery location please ???

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.