is this PEQ worth £40?

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

They're about $45 if you buy them from the far east, about £30/£35 depending on exchange rate. So for UK pricing that's pretty good. Ive bought a couple of stocks from that eBayer and they ship very quickly.

I'd say if you want it quick, go with the UK option but the extra £5 shipping knocks the price up! You'll save £10/£15 buying from Hong Kong, but will wait a couple of weeks! I'd be inclined to wait

If you order it from their website you can select Royal Mail 1st class and only pay £1.99 for postage instead of £4.95 via their ebay store. Have used Battlestores before and purchased Element branded stock from them and had no issues.

• Supporters

What about tax?

Shouldn't be a problem as the item value is too low.

What about tax?

With a package that size you very rarely get taxed. I have over 30 orders from them and have never paid it once.

Haven't looked it up myself but IIRC you only pay tax if 20% is over £9.

Import duty is 5% but you don't have to worry about that unless you're ordering something expensive over £190 or so, say a gun for example.

If you have to pay either import duty or tax I believe the shipping company / company (Parcelforce for example) charge you as well. Around £9-13.

So yeah for inexpensive stuff like that you probably don't need to pay just watch out and remember there are other charges if you buy anything more costly!

For example a KWA RM4 is only $380 from ehobby Asia but once you factor in shipping and other charges it's £330 or more, so the same price as buying it domestically anyway. On the other hand I could order a box of MAG MP5 magazines for £31 shipped or pay £60 including postage for the same thing from Airsoft Supply Drop.

Hope this helped.

With a package that size you very rarely get taxed. I have over 30 orders from them and have never paid it once.

Agreed. I've never paid tax on any accessories bought from HK. I'm not saying that you won't be taxed, but it's highly unlikely for small parcels.

If you buy from the US however, nearly everything seems to get taxed!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.