Shizouka hobby show-TOKYO MARUI GBB M4!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

YES!!!! Another M4 to hit the market! :D:D:DB)B)B)<_<

Haha that was my first response, but it was eclipsed when I saw the breacher :D

The market doesn't need yet another M4, but that's a debate for a different thread lol

• Supporters

The thing is that m4s are what people buy so it makes sense for manufacturers to make them. If over half of all players own an AR15 of some some sort and often more than one then it's the obvious choice.

If they were to offer something that hasn't been done before that would be really popular then they could make a mint. If someone is looking for an AR15 then they have loads of options to choose from, and therefore less likely to buy that specific one.

And who wouldn't buy a superb quality GBB VSS or AS VAL?

• Supporters

Loads of people wouldn't buy a GBB AS VAL or VSS, however I guarantee that the TM M4 GBB will sell out worldwide within a week of release. Some places won't even have enough stock to meet pre-order demand.

TM know the market, they've been making airsoft guns for well over 2 decades and are still top-dog for a good reason.

True, I know, but there is a surprisingly large community who have been begging for one. And then of course they can sell it to the Russian airsofters who are growing at a pretty speedy rate.

Same goes with the KWA makarov that was meant to be coming out :'(

• Supporters

True, I know, but there is a surprisingly large community who have been begging for one. And then of course they can sell it to the Russian airsofters who are growing at a pretty speedy rate.

Same goes with the KWA makarov that was meant to be coming out :'(

There's a difference between people saying they want one and actually buying them though which is where the problem is found. AR15s sell brilliantly regardless so are a much more profitable choice.

I mean people like you say have wanted a VAL or VSS for ages and yet now there are 2-3 different versions are available, hardly anyone has actually bought one.

To be fair I reckon the sort of person who buys 'exotic' (non mainstream) guns would probably have a 'collection' or at least larger total amount of guns. They won't want to spend £600 on one weapon even if it is a TM recoil. They may own maybe 15 guns ranging from cheap Chinese clones at £100 to perhaps a G&G main rifle for say £350.

TM would rather aim at the guy who wants to spend £600 on his main gun which will 99 times out of a 100 be one of the mainstream models.

Yes m4 after m4 can seem boring but there's a reason why every cafe in England does a full English breakfast! It's because that's what the market wants

Just out of curiosity is there any info on the 417 as I'd love one in the standard configuration and my sniper versions a bit long/heavy

Basically I am looking to see if a) is it a recoil shock or normal aeg or gas

B) price range

C) release date

And finally is is worth getting or shall I just but the smaller rail/ barrel for mine

• Supporters

Don't TM just do whatever appeals to the Japanese market and not actually care about what is popular in other countries?

I've heard their guns aren't nearly as expensive when sold in Japan but I just tried to google some prices and the pages fail to load with google translate.

Don't TM just do whatever appeals to the Japanese market and not actually care about what is popular in other countries?

I've heard their guns aren't nearly as expensive when sold in Japan but I just tried to google some prices and the pages fail to load with google translate.

Its the same with every brand mate, there all cheaper in other countries, especially countries they're made in. Its the Import duties and taxes that up the price plus the Retailers want their slice of pie too.

• Supporters

Yeah but what I mean is that a lot of players over here treat them as almost a luxury gun, when this might not actually be what TM are going for. Seems like perhaps the Recoil Shocks would be more in line with the G&G Top Tech range and their standard models are like the combat machine. Talking more about price range here than anything else.

I would not be surprised at all if TM pushed guns that were popular in Call of Duty if they had remotely any interest in the foreign market.

There's a difference between people saying they want one and actually buying them though which is where the problem is found. AR15s sell brilliantly regardless so are a much more profitable choice.

I mean people like you say have wanted a VAL or VSS for ages and yet now there are 2-3 different versions are available, hardly anyone has actually bought one.

There have been many people bought them I know. And even the LCT one isn't that good supposedly. And well, they are AEG's. Look at GHK, they have been doing well enough to release 8 different AK models.

It will be a sad day when all we have to choose from is M4s with different type RIS rails.

• Supporters

I'm yet to see or hear about anyone buying them, even on forums bar arnies. They just aren't as popular as they'd need to be to be the first option. Being aegs has nothing to do with it. If anything that's a help as they're a hell of a lot more popular than gbbrs. GHK making AKs is also different as AKs again are hugely popular, VSSs and VALs cater for an incredibly small niche, end of.

That would never happen, enough people like as, g36s and mp5s to ensure it wouldn't. The ar15 platform though is the most popular by far.

• 2 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.