good idea on pistols

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have no idea what pistols are good, and am looking to buy my first rifle + pistol. I was thinking gas blowback around the £100 range with maybe 300+fps, idk, however something with decent fps. Also, a big mag would help. Thanks again for the help...

Don't span the sig with gifs plox. Makes the eyes hurt and is murder on some mobile devices like the Nokia N900 i'm using nough.

Spend the money on a rifle first. You will rarely use a pistol unless you have a weapon like a sniper rifle or you are in CQB. That extra 100 can get some very nice guns.

Most pistols what you want is reliability and gas efficiency. Most GBBs don't shoot over 300FPS mark unless they are NBB or Co2,hell,a lot of co2 KJW I've seen only fire around 320 too. Marui GBBs,some KWA models and KJW co2 GBBs are nice but don't waste money on a pistol before you get the rifle. See how much you use the rifle and in game and then think where a pistol would work for you.

Don't span the sig with gifs plox. Makes the eyes hurt and is murder on some mobile devices like the Nokia N900 i'm using nough.

Spend the money on a rifle first. You will rarely use a pistol unless you have a weapon like a sniper rifle or you are in CQB. That extra 100 can get some very nice guns.

Most pistols what you want is reliability and gas efficiency. Most GBBs don't shoot over 300FPS mark unless they are NBB or Co2,hell,a lot of co2 KJW I've seen only fire around 320 too. Marui GBBs,some KWA models and KJW co2 GBBs are nice but don't waste money on a pistol before you get the rifle. See how much you use the rifle and in game and then think where a pistol would work for you.

ok thanks and sorry for the gifs, removed. is 250 fps a more realistic mark. I wouldn't be buying for some time but I have little to no knowledge on pistols andcould do with a few pointers, thanks for the help... :)

ok thanks and sorry for the gifs, removed. is 250 fps a more realistic mark. I wouldn't be buying for some time but I have little to no knowledge on pistols andcould do with a few pointers, thanks for the help... :)

Awww the gifs were absolutely hilarious, especially the guy with moobs on omeagle.

Anyways... big mag you say? Decent fps you say? TM glock 18 is a nice option. Glocks are very common, so an extended 50 round mag shouldn't cost too much.... I think... and being a TM, it should be reliable, gas efficient and accurate out of the box.

Awww the gifs were absolutely hilarious, especially the guy with moobs on omeagle.

Anyways... big mag you say? Decent fps you say? TM glock 18 is a nice option. Glocks are very common, so an extended 50 round mag shouldn't cost too much.... I think... and being a TM, it should be reliable, gas efficient and accurate out of the box.

ok will definitely take a look, thanks for the help!

Firstly. I agree that you should use your spare money for batteries, mags, gun accessories, gear accessories and upgrades. A good pair of boots can save you months away from airsofting while your ankle heals.

secondly, if you're planning on using dustergas
TM 5.7

if you planning on ever using propane
KWA PTP

Both are top quality and will work in awful weather.

Unless you do a lot of CQB, there is not much need for a pistol. Pistols are generally just a cool accessory. If you do a lot of CQB then you want a MK23 Socom. The TM one if you can afford it, the ASG or HFC one if you're on a budget. These are non blowback pistols that are very quiet (especially the TM) and pretty accurate. If you just want a pistol because pistols are cool, find one you like the look of and then ask who makes the best version of it.

Unless you do a lot of CQB, there is not much need for a pistol. Pistols are generally just a cool accessory. If you do a lot of CQB then you want a MK23 Socom. The TM one if you can afford it, the ASG or HFC one if you're on a budget. These are non blowback pistols that are very quiet (especially the TM) and pretty accurate. If you just want a pistol because pistols are cool, find one you like the look of and then ask who makes the best version of it.

non blowback seems a bit of a waste to me. as you say, it's mainly a "cool accessory"... so get one that blows as hard as possible and makes as much noise as possible - as fun as possible in other words!

You will hear many opinions on what to get, all must be taken with a pinch of salt since everyone has their own preferences to each other. The only advice I'd give is to go for something of a high quality. Gas weapons are quite tricky to work on for some (I personally find them the easiest weapon to look at but struggle with AEGs lol) but if you buy a higher quality pistol you won't need to do as much maintenance apart from regular/monthly cleaning. Additionally always buy better quality mags and make sure you don't use a gas that's too strong for the weapon system to handle.

Good quality brands include (by aren't limited to) Tokyo Marui, KWA and the newer generation WE products. TM because of the overall quality, KWA for the efficiency of their NS2 systems and WE if you're on a budget. I have/have had TM and KWA weapons and can vouch for their quality, but the WE products I've heard many people talking about wih good results but their early models were notorious for the number of dud guns people received.

...Just don't be yet another glock user, get something more interesting :P

I agree with the statements above,

I'm still new-ish to the scene & I did what you are thinking of doing, I got my rifle and my first rifle & side arm together ......I have been to a few skirmishes & am selling my glock....total waste of money I have never fired it in anger & cant see the point of carrying it.

Follow the advice above, spend the extra cash on a good solid rifle & let others bugger about with GBB.....it's a pain in the arse carrying the extra stuff involved in it

non blowback seems a bit of a waste to me. as you say, it's mainly a "cool accessory"... so get one that blows as hard as possible and makes as much noise as possible - as fun as possible in other words!

If you do a lot of CQB then a pistol isn't just a 'cool accessory' and one that is virtually silent is the best option. For 90% of players this is not the case.

If you fall into the 10% who need a pistol that is effective and quiet then MK23 Socom. For everyone else the best pistol is whatever you think looks cool.

If you fall into the 90% who don't need a MK23 Socom, then in fact you don't need a pistol at all and could put the money into Mags, gear or a better AEG

or maybe a 2nd AEG?

Guest PT247

If money isn't an issue, get a pistol. Even in woodland they can be invaluable and if you get one and use one in game from the off your pistol skills will vastly improve and so will your game play. I have found those that don't make the effort to use one from the off end up never using it, but all those (including myself) that embraced them can use them very effectively indoors and outdoors.

Am not sure why some people think gas is a pain, striping and cleaning should be routine on any gun be it a pistol or rifle or AEG or GBB. If you have a couple of spare mags then you'll not need to bring gas out to the field with you or extra BBs.

A pistol also means if you have a "gun hit" you can switch to your sidearm and continue playing.

I get huge satisfaction getting pistol kills and my G18c has been a game changer several times!

I get huge satisfaction getting pistol kills and my G18c has been a game changer several times!

As do I. Lost count the number of games I rolled up with just my cz75 (before I sold it) and had a more productive day since I was acutely aware of how few shots I had so I made them count. That said I wouldn't recommend going just pistol if you're new to the hobby - it is more of a challenge.

Firstly. I agree that you should use your spare money for batteries, mags, gun accessories, gear accessories and upgrades. A good pair of boots can save you months away from airsofting while your ankle heals.

secondly, if you're planning on using dustergas

TM 5.7

if you planning on ever using propane

KWA PTP

Both are top quality and will work in awful weather.

OK thanks, will look into them

TM G18c, the only pistol you'll ever need.... and use

Yeah, many people say that

Get a WE Glock 18c. The blowback is awesome and the full auto is deadly.

Will have a look at it, thanks

You will hear many opinions on what to get, all must be taken with a pinch of salt since everyone has their own preferences to each other. The only advice I'd give is to go for something of a high quality. Gas weapons are quite tricky to work on for some (I personally find them the easiest weapon to look at but struggle with AEGs lol) but if you buy a higher quality pistol you won't need to do as much maintenance apart from regular/monthly cleaning. Additionally always buy better quality mags and make sure you don't use a gas that's too strong for the weapon system to handle.

Good quality brands include (by aren't limited to) Tokyo Marui, KWA and the newer generation WE products. TM because of the overall quality, KWA for the efficiency of their NS2 systems and WE if you're on a budget. I have/have had TM and KWA weapons and can vouch for their quality, but the WE products I've heard many people talking about wih good results but their early models were notorious for the number of dud guns people received.

...Just don't be yet another glock user, get something more interesting :P

Thanks for the help, will be following!

If money isn't an issue, get a pistol. Even in woodland they can be invaluable and if you get one and use one in game from the off your pistol skills will vastly improve and so will your game play. I have found those that don't make the effort to use one from the off end up never using it, but all those (including myself) that embraced them can use them very effectively indoors and outdoors.

Am not sure why some people think gas is a pain, striping and cleaning should be routine on any gun be it a pistol or rifle or AEG or GBB. If you have a couple of spare mags then you'll not need to bring gas out to the field with you or extra BBs.

A pistol also means if you have a "gun hit" you can switch to your sidearm and continue playing.

yeah, thanks, see what you mean.

As do I. Lost count the number of games I rolled up with just my cz75 (before I sold it) and had a more productive day since I was acutely aware of how few shots I had so I made them count. That said I wouldn't recommend going just pistol if you're new to the hobby - it is more of a challenge.

:D

If you do a lot of CQB then a pistol isn't just a 'cool accessory' and one that is virtually silent is the best option. For 90% of players this is not the case.

If you fall into the 10% who need a pistol that is effective and quiet then MK23 Socom. For everyone else the best pistol is whatever you think looks cool.

If you fall into the 90% who don't need a MK23 Socom, then in fact you don't need a pistol at all and could put the money into Mags, gear or a better AEG

or maybe a 2nd AEG?

I used to only do CQB. a BFG is more beneficently, IMO. but then again, suppose it's personal. and no, best pistol is not necessarily what you think looks cool. Mag captacity, gas capacity, weight, feel, quality, aftermarket parts, spares, price, reliability etc. etc. My priority is reliability and funfactor when it comes to sidearm.

and if you dont have "Mags, gear or a better AEG or maybe a 2nd AEG", then yes. but the fact is, you dont need your 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th aeg either. or your 30th mag.

I used to only do CQB. a BFG is more beneficently, IMO. but then again, suppose it's personal. and no, best pistol is not necessarily what you think looks cool. Mag captacity, gas capacity, weight, feel, quality, aftermarket parts, spares, price, reliability etc. etc. My priority is reliability and funfactor when it comes to sidearm.

and if you dont have "Mags, gear or a better AEG or maybe a 2nd AEG", then yes. but the fact is, you dont need your 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th aeg either. or your 30th mag.

ok, thanks. I'm going to pick around and have a look at a "different pistol"

I've always just ran shotguns as primarys since starting out as a) I only play CQB, B) shotguns are cool and c) because getting outgunned is hilarious. I bought a pistol pretty much straight away and find them invaluable for when the shells are empty or if I need to get shots off at multiple targets quickly- I'm much happier going in to a room with the pistol drawn than a shotty.

If you're starting out and using an AEG focus your money on that and decent gear. If you've got a decent AEG sort your eye pro, boots, gloves and clothing out first. Once you've got some good kit and have figured out your play style then look at pistols.

I've always just ran shotguns as primarys since starting out as a) I only play CQB, B) shotguns are cool and c) because getting outgunned is hilarious. I bought a pistol pretty much straight away and find them invaluable for when the shells are empty or if I need to get shots off at multiple targets quickly- I'm much happier going in to a room with the pistol drawn than a shotty.

If you're starting out and using an AEG focus your money on that and decent gear. If you've got a decent AEG sort your eye pro, boots, gloves and clothing out first. Once you've got some good kit and have figured out your play style then look at pistols.

yeah, i do ccf so i have military grade boots, combats and also have some good gloves. Are mesh masks worth it?

yeah, i do ccf so i have military grade boots, combats and also have some good gloves. Are mesh masks worth it?

I always run a mesh mask in CQB (either full mask or a half face mask depending on loadout) as I want to keep all my teeth. Outdoors your engagement distances are usually longer so I sometimes don't wear one. Personal choice really.

How much do your teeth matter to you? Mesh masks are about the best way to keep your teeth, but if they don't matter much to you nor does your face having welts then running without a mesh mask is all fine.

I always run a mesh mask in CQB (either full mask or a half face mask depending on loadout) as I want to keep all my teeth. Outdoors your engagement distances are usually longer so I sometimes don't wear one. Personal choice really.

can you maybe give me a link to the mesh mask? guessing it will be good quality

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.