is this gun worth the money? G&G SCAR L

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know i have started so many threads, but I have finally found a gun that I really like, and really want to get. The only problem is I will be shelling £300 which is a lot. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2093 I would have it two toned. Wondering if anyone else has had one of these and any experiences/defects with the gun? and the overall opinion.. thanks guys and sorry again for the 5+ topics i have started :(

Shoots a bit hot for a fair few sites too, you'll be looking at a spring downgrade to lower the fps

If you're getting a two tone gun go for a g36 or m4, the parts are easily changeable/coverable and they don't look too bad. Two-tone scars however look awful.

The guys from zero one airsoft sent me a pic of a similar gun which imo looks quite neat. They do the painting their selves, and i can forfeit easy accessible parts i guess

P-SCAR_zps4c655145.jpg

Shoots a bit hot for a fair few sites too, you'll be looking at a spring downgrade to lower the fps

yeah was worried about that, must check to see if the skirmish centres allow around 400 fps guns (new, don't know much around here)

Fps limits depends on who runs it. For example first & only sites have a blanket limit of 328 fps using .2g for AEGs with a tolerance up to 350 (same for halo mill as well I think). Just a bit over (even as little as 0.1 fps) and you will most often not be allowed to use it. Obviously if you play on private land you can run what you like.

To be completely honest, I would downgrade even if it was just under 350 fps. A lower spring strength will put less stress on the gearbox so often lasts longer (minor issue since G&G gearboxes are pretty solid).

It is a £300 gun after all, so it wouldn't be nice to buy it and realise it's too hot at your local sites. The extra £35 for a downgrade would give you peace of mind. After all, fps isn't everything.

Changing the spring isn't too hard to do yourself, especially if it's got a quick change system. That said I think a lot of the guys on here know how reluctant I am as of yet to do any tech work on my owns guns, so I'm being a bit hypocritical here. A spring such as the Madbull M100 would cost about £16-£20 (w/out or w/ postage) and should give you around 330FPS (M100 = 100 m/s)

Don't apoligise for starting all the threads, the forum is kind of quiet sometimes anyway, and besides asking questions is good and the one of the reasons for having a forum.

I haven't had any personal experience with that gun but G&G generally are a good manufacturer so I would expect it is a good gun for the money.

The one thing that has always bothered me about this gun is I can't find it on G&G's website! I have seen it for sale, seen plenty of reviews of it saying its decent but I can't find the official product page. That makes me nervous. As far as I know its a G&G gen 2 top tech parts. The main issue with it like most SCARs is the battery compartment is quite small in the folding stock. At 350 fps its a bit hot for most UK sites as well, and taking these SCAR's apart is horrible by all accounts, a lot of screws holding it together. I think the main upgrade it will probably need out of the box is a tightbore barrel, if its a gen 2 the barrels out of the box aren't great so you likely want to replace that when you downgrade the spring.

Fps limits depends on who runs it. For example first & only sites have a blanket limit of 328 fps using .2g for AEGs with a tolerance up to 350 (same for halo mill as well I think). Just a bit over (even as little as 0.1 fps) and you will most often not be allowed to use it. Obviously if you play on private land you can run what you like.

To be completely honest, I would downgrade even if it was just under 350 fps. A lower spring strength will put less stress on the gearbox so often lasts longer (minor issue since G&G gearboxes are pretty solid).

It is a £300 gun after all, so it wouldn't be nice to buy it and realise it's too hot at your local sites. The extra £35 for a downgrade would give you peace of mind. After all, fps isn't everything.

Ah ok, would that be the m90 spring? and would it come with the standard spring in the box as well?

Changing the spring isn't too hard to do yourself, especially if it's got a quick change system. That said I think a lot of the guys on here know how reluctant I am as of yet to do any tech work on my owns guns, so I'm being a bit hypocritical here. A spring such as the Madbull M100 would cost about £16-£20 (w/out or w/ postage) and should give you around 330FPS (M100 = 100 m/s)

Don't apoligise for starting all the threads, the forum is kind of quiet sometimes anyway, and besides asking questions is good and the one of the reasons for having a forum.

I haven't had any personal experience with that gun but G&G generally are a good manufacturer so I would expect it is a good gun for the money.

yeah ok, i would have to learn how to fit them then. Also i noticed that... i generally look at some of the older threads sometimes as well.

The one thing that has always bothered me about this gun is I can't find it on G&G's website! I have seen it for sale, seen plenty of reviews of it saying its decent but I can't find the official product page. That makes me nervous. As far as I know its a G&G gen 2 top tech parts. The main issue with it like most SCARs is the battery compartment is quite small in the folding stock. At 350 fps its a bit hot for most UK sites as well, and taking these SCAR's apart is horrible by all accounts, a lot of screws holding it together. I think the main upgrade it will probably need out of the box is a tightbore barrel, if its a gen 2 the barrels out of the box aren't great so you likely want to replace that when you downgrade the spring.

Yeah, was wondering if that was just my poor eyesight. Tbh, the website is pretty bad, it could be there somewhere, idk. I heard about the battery, any specific tightbore barrel? thanks for the help...

They should do since it's a part you've technically paid for (since it comes in the gun itself). If you're in doubt ask then in the "notes to seller" section of PayPal or your order.

The m90 will drop it to approx 290 - 300 fps so comfortably under what most sites will limit.

Page 77/78 of their 2014 catalogue. Can't tell if it's one of their guns where you can adjust the spring, because if it is you can quick change the spring yourself.

They should do since it's a part you've technically paid for (since it comes in the gun itself). If you're in doubt ask then in the "notes to seller" section of PayPal or your order.

The m90 will drop it to approx 290 - 300 fps so comfortably under what most sites will limit.

OK thanks will drop an email in

Page 77/78 of their 2014 catalogue. Can't tell if it's one of their guns where you can adjust the spring, because if it is you can quick change the spring yourself.

how can i download this catalogue?

Oh yeah, I also have a question on batteries and chargers. What should i use, a lipo, nicd, nimh, and what kind of smart charger? thanks guys for the help

Oh yeah, I also have a question on batteries and chargers. What should i use, a lipo, nicd, nimh, and what kind of smart charger? thanks guys for the help

Lipos are probably best to use. A lot of guys like to use them because you will see a rate of fire and trigger response increase. A 7.4V lipo is like having a 9.6 NiMh in terms of voltage.

However, you have to use a LiPo charger.

From what I have heard most people recommend you buy one of the more expensive chargers. Personally I want to upgrade to LiPos for my guns too but I haven't done it yet. I can't remember what the problem is with using the cheaper chargers.

Lipos are probably best to use. A lot of guys like to use them because you will see a rate of fire and trigger response increase. A 7.4V lipo is like having a 9.6 NiMh in terms of voltage.

However, you have to use a LiPo charger.

From what I have heard most people recommend you buy one of the more expensive chargers. Personally I want to upgrade to LiPos for my guns too but I haven't done it yet. I can't remember what the problem is with using the cheaper chargers.

;OK thanks, don't they harm the battery? I'm not sure, thanks though will go digging around to find a good LiPo

I would recommend a lipo as well. They don't need to be discharged, they don't have memory issues and they are smaller for the same power storage. They do require a more expensive smart and balance charger, but you should be buying a smart charger for a nimh anyway to avoid overcharging so it wont be much more. They may very well improve trigger response and rate of fire as far as I can tell isn't much different to an 8.4V nimh. While 11.1 lipo's are a too much for most guns the 7.4s are not as brutal.

As to the tightbore a Prometheus 6.03 should do the trick. I am still not sure what the gun comes with, it could be a standard G&G 6.08 aluminium barrel or it could be a 6.03 steel one, you will just have to check. They changed it somewhere in the gen 2 top techs and different reviews have said different barrel types for this gun and in typical G&G fashion even the catalogue doesn't say which it is. They really need to work on their information set for these guns and what they are made of, if there is one place I ought to get reliable info on the barrel and such is in the catalogue entry for a top tech gun! Rant aside you'll find out pretty quickly which it is as there is a big disparity in the accuracy from one to the other at 30m.

I would recommend a lipo as well. They don't need to be discharged, they don't have memory issues and they are smaller for the same power storage. They do require a more expensive smart and balance charger, but you should be buying a smart charger for a nimh anyway to avoid overcharging so it wont be much more. They may very well improve trigger response and rate of fire as far as I can tell isn't much different to an 8.4V nimh. While 11.1 lipo's are a too much for most guns the 7.4s are not as brutal.

As to the tightbore a Prometheus 6.03 should do the trick. I am still not sure what the gun comes with, it could be a standard G&G 6.08 aluminium barrel or it could be a 6.03 steel one, you will just have to check. They changed it somewhere in the gen 2 top techs and different reviews have said different barrel types for this gun and in typical G&G fashion even the catalogue doesn't say which it is. They really need to work on their information set for these guns and what they are made of, if there is one place I ought to get reliable info on the barrel and such is in the catalogue entry for a top tech gun! Rant aside you'll find out pretty quickly which it is as there is a big disparity in the accuracy from one to the other at 30m.

OK thanks, will look into all of that. thanks for the help, much appreciated!

For LIPOs you need some where safe to store them and do not let them fully discharge. Also the recommendation is to get a LIPO charging fireproof bag foir when charging them - sounds scary stuff but you just need to be sensible - I've started using them, partly for performance, partly as they are a lot quicker to charge/discharge. I use a turnigy 6 balance charger.

For LIPOs you need some where safe to store them and do not let them fully discharge. Also the recommendation is to get a LIPO charging fireproof bag foir when charging them - sounds scary stuff but you just need to be sensible - I've started using them, partly for performance, partly as they are a lot quicker to charge/discharge. I use a turnigy 6 balance charger.

OK thanks for the info, going to bed but will check in the morning :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.