Magazine issue (bbs not getting shot)

TheOnlySystem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody,

I have recently bought a new gun from G&G: http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/CM16R-L_DST.php?lang=en

I test shot it in the shop, and It worked perfectly fine, However when I went home and started to practice shooting the bullets did not come out(but it made the sound). Here is something that may have caused the problem:

I have spun the thing on the bottom of the magazine to a tight configuration, however when I place the magazine into the gun the bottom spinning thing loosens, therefore not letting any bullets into the chamber. I tried shooting the gun upside down to let the bullets go into the chamber and it worked.

My question is, if this is a problem with my gun or the magazine.

Its the magazine. The hi cap magazines you get with the G&G guns have a wheel, and you need to turn them until the sound changes, which in my experience is about 20 winds worth or so. I personally found that I only got about 10-20 shots out of it before I had to wind it again.

What happens when you load the magazine in is about 4 rounds are pushed up in to the hop up unit, the top of which is at the entrance to the barrel. So just loading the magazine will slacken some amount of the spring already so you will need to wind it up a bit afterwards. But if you overwind it you can damage them, so its kind of important to wind it the right way and to wind it only until the noise changes and no further. When I got my gun I also bought a G&G flash mag (350 rounds) to give me a total of 700 rounds (good enough for most games). I use the flash mag first because its quicker to wind and it fires most of the magazine without additional winding. Depending on what you want to do in he future you may find getting some mid caps would be a good idea as they tend to have less feeding issues and be a bit more realistic.

Wind the magazine after putting it into the gun. You may find that it needs more winding as the BB's move up the the bottom of the hop chamber

Its the magazine. The hi cap magazines you get with the G&G guns have a wheel, and you need to turn them until the sound changes, which in my experience is about 20 winds worth or so. I personally found that I only got about 10-20 shots out of it before I had to wind it again.

What happens when you load the magazine in is about 4 rounds are pushed up in to the hop up unit, the top of which is at the entrance to the barrel. So just loading the magazine will slacken some amount of the spring already so you will need to wind it up a bit afterwards. But if you overwind it you can damage them, so its kind of important to wind it the right way and to wind it only until the noise changes and no further. When I got my gun I also bought a G&G flash mag (350 rounds) to give me a total of 700 rounds (good enough for most games). I use the flash mag first because its quicker to wind and it fires most of the magazine without additional winding. Depending on what you want to do in he future you may find getting some mid caps would be a good idea as they tend to have less feeding issues and be a bit more realistic.

but when I wind the magazine when its in the gun, It takes a long time and never seems to actually make a different sound, Is it because I have to fill the whole magazine up? or I can't but small amounts of bbs in it?

Ahh good old hi-cap mags.

Strip your hi-cap mag, you may have broke the mechanism within the mag.

Strip the outer shell from it, free up any jams and lube it up.

Put it back together and it should work again.

But never wind it until it wont wind anymore, that's how you break them.

Ahh good old hi-cap mags.

Strip your hi-cap mag, you may have broke the mechanism within the mag.

Strip the outer shell from it, free up any jams and lube it up.

Put it back together and it should work again.

But never wind it until it wont wind anymore, that's how you break them.

Is it possible for me to get a different type of magazine? that does not require a winding?

Is it possible for me to get a different type of magazine? that does not require a winding?

Yes, they are called mid-caps and low-caps.

Hi-caps usually hold around 420 rounds. These are the only ones that need winding.

Mid-caps usually hold around 120 rounds.

Low-caps usually hold around 30 rounds, same as what the real steel would hold.

However both low and mid caps require a bit more maintenance than high due to the spring mechanism, much easier and better than hi-caps in my opinion.

Because its an m4 you have a huge selection to choose from unlike me as I have a ump 45 and mags are very hard to get.

Either a flash mag (uses a string that you pull on which is much better than a hicap) or a mid cap - which uses a speed loader and there is never any winding at all, all BB's are under spring pressure.

Mid caps are only about 90-130 rnds but they don't rattle like a hicap.

Reason I use mid caps: no rattle, no winding. Cons: lower capacity, need a speed loader to load.

• Supporters

However both low and mid caps require a bit more maintenance than high due to the spring mechanism, much easier and better than hi-caps in my opinion.

where are you getting this information from? mid caps require next to zero maintenance, I've never stripped and cleaned a mid cap magazine, ever. all of mine still feed flawlessly.

If a hi-cap is working correctly it will not 'overwind' it is designed to 'slip' when it gets to maximum load, the sound should change fro a 'scritch-scritch' to a 'tick-tack' sound.

You nedd a good load of bbs in the mag though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.