problems after changing spring on ICS m4

jim1h

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, my sons ics m4 was to hot last time he had it checked at our local site, tech there put a spring in it just to get him through the day and advised a m90, I have changed the spring now to the m90, pretty much painless operation but when I fire the gun the power is so low and fires multiple bb's in semi auto also sometimes the bb just drops out the end.... Any help would be much apreciated.

Since you hired a tech to do the work then take it back. The job isn't finished the gun doesn't work after his changes and its best he look at what he did and why its stopped firing correctly. I might be concerned about how the gearbox has been put back together and potential problems with the work but honestly the reason you hire a tech to do this sort of work is to have him deal with the potential problems of changing the internals if you don't know how to track down these problems yourself.

I didn't hire him he done the spring change for free so he could play for the day as the ics spring change is easy to do, what I have done is change the spring to the one he recommended but now find the problem mentioned in my post.I can take it to a tech but was hoping it may be an easy fix.

If you fire it without a BB in it do you get a good volume of air out the end and does it sound normal? If so most likely nozzle or hop up is restricting the BB. Otherwise something is most likely wrong in the gearbox.

It seems like you've made a mistake when you put it together. Like you left out the tappet plate spring, or the nozzle is not on the tappet, or something similar.

It was the nozzle not on the tappet, thanks mate all goods now, I'm out of his bad book.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.