Where do you guys learn stuff?

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not to sound noobish or anything but where do you guys learn everything?

I don't mean just about the RIF's but I mean like loadouts and camo's etc.

Basically anything and everything.

Any useful resources you guys use or links?

Sorry if there is already a thread for this............

• Supporters

Just pick stuff up, i spend/waste a lot of time on the internet and have a large number of forums and news sites, both airsoft and real steel I check a few times a day and doing that for a few years makes bits rub off on you- just read through forums every couple of days and you'll pick up a fair bit, arnies and ukaz tend to have the best knowledge base of the UK forums. Zeroin you can look at but is filled with more idiots than sensible contributers.

Most Airsoft stuff is reviewed on YouTube. So I spend a lot of time searching and watching there. Unfortunately there are a lot of biased/paid reviews on YouTube as well so you have to try and find good reviews that aren't from the retailers as well.

If i need to know something airsoft related or how be be a sarcastic SOB i ask M_P.

Internets and hard learned experience really (I.e. I found out what not to do again after it went wrong haha)

• Supporters

The internet is a wunnerful (and slightly scary) place. The vast majority of people who claim not to be able to find what they're looking for are either 1) looking for something SOOOO obscure that there's just not much info available or 2) don't know how to construct an effective search string. Trust me, it's tricker than it looks sometimes. That said, you can google how to search for stuff (ironic, I know).

As far as actual sites I like for info, Wikipedia is a good starting point. As long as the article has plenty of references you can usually follow the subject off in plenty of ways and there's way more info there than people realise. Also IMFDB (International Movie Firearms Database) is pretty handy as it sets out to tell you what guns are used in what shows/films/video games. Not always a complete source but again, a very good starting point.

Forums are an odd one. You not only need to find one that isn't tied to a specific retailer or manufacturer (*cough*zero one*cough*) unless you're after specific info for that manufacturer. In addition foreign forums may have plenty of info but the recommended products may not be available where you are so could be of limited use. Once you've found a good forum, stick with it. People are notoriously cliquey online so sometimes you need to put up with a bit of grief before you're "accepted".

Youtube reviews are good if you want a lot of badly filmed opinions but there are some good channels out there too. A lot of tactical kit reviews from US users will be in respect of real guns and tactics so be wary of asking directly about airsoft as it can just open up a torrent of abuse. Equally steer WELL clear of making similar comments on blogs like Operator As Fuck as they will verbally eviscerate anyone that mentions the hobby! That said if you comment with respect and bear in mind that most of the OAF guys are actual serving or ex SF or PMCs there's plenty of very useful pictures of loadouts in action!

I recently watched the "not so round table" series of videos on Evike's YouTube channel.

The basic premise is the punters post comments and questions and some airsoft "veterans" give answers of their experience and knowledge.

There is a bit of sales pitch, but mostly just a couple of lads chatting about airsoft. It's worth a watch.

In fact a lot off Evike's you tube is pretty good, they arn't as hardcore SELL SELL SELL, like some others.

• Supporters

I recently watched the "not so round table" series of videos on Evike's YouTube channel.

The basic premise is the punters post comments and questions and some airsoft "veterans" give answers of their experience and knowledge.

There is a bit of sales pitch, but mostly just a couple of lads chatting about airsoft. It's worth a watch.

In fact a lot off Evike's you tube is pretty good, they arn't as hardcore SELL SELL SELL, like some others.

Best Evike video EVER!

Optic Thunder and Pistol Fury :);)

I've just learnt everything from these forums and other sites. General interest in military stuffs so learn about real deal stuff and searching up maintenance tips and things like reviews on YouTube. You know you search for one thing and say it's a forum post and it leads you to more and more things.

Also from Patrol Base I reckon I may have learnt a few things (mainly that I should not have bought that CYMA M4 haha)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.