Grey Ghost Gear Bandolier / Bandolier for airsoft?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You may have seen I started a project to make one of these a while back, although that project is currently on hold. It wouldn't work too well with a normal style AR-15 USGI magazine.

I'll probably try to re-start the project when I buy a KWA RM4 and make a bandolier for my ERG mags.

Speaking of which, it REALLY annoys me there is a next to no materials available in the UK!

I know there are a few manufacturers producing some fabrics as well as a few shops selling hardware, yet this is absolute sh*t when compared to the stock in the US. I know it's a bit stupid comparing the United Kingdom to the United States, but nevertheless it's disappointing when there seems to be nowhere to buy this kind of stuff. I suppose there's just not the same market for whatever the word it is for producing gear / clothing. It seems to be the same for DIY. I don't know much, but unlike America where they can go to Lowes / Home Depot etc, there is comparatively f*ck all in Homebase / Wickes / B&Q / trade wholesalers or smaller independent businesses AFAIK where you can easily buy miscellaneous parts or PVC pipe. We can't even buy springs without having them custom made (I was told that by a guy who owns a shop supplying nuts / bolts / screws / springs and all hardware / fixings like that)

FYI, my dad is also fairly knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of stuff and he agrees with me on this.

Sorry about the rant.

I haven't found this bandolier on sale anywhere in the UK, and after checking Grey Ghost Gear's website, it's $45 shipping! (£44 or so in total including shipping then, for something worth under £20)

I was wondering if anybody has by any chance seen it or a similar alternatively. In terms of MOLLE bandoliers, there was the BLACKHAWK STRIKE one on Tactical Kit for £30. It's sold out and I'm not sure if they're going to re-stock it. Your opinion of bandoliers in general (for airsoft) etc would be interesting to hear too.

post-7670-0-34255600-1399929475_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-10829600-1399929474_thumb.jpgpost-7670-0-16996500-1399929473_thumb.jpg

^ Guy made his own, very similar to my idea.

blue force gear 6 pack is pretty similar, but again quite expensive:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/blue-force-gear-ten-speed-bandolier-six-pack-tsp-m4-6-12344-p.asp

Thanks for the link! For what it is though, I'd rather just buy a plate carrier or get a new chest rig or some pouches.

Not to say Blue Force Gear isn't really good, but I was looking at spending more like £20 and not £40-£50 :(

• Supporters

You may have seen I started a project to make one of these a while back, although that project is currently on hold. It wouldn't work too well with a normal style AR-15 USGI magazine.

I'll probably try to re-start the project when I buy a KWA RM4 and make a bandolier for my ERG mags.

Speaking of which, it REALLY annoys me there is a next to no materials available in the UK!

I know there are a few manufacturers producing some fabrics as well as a few shops selling hardware, yet this is absolute sh*t when compared to the stock in the US. I know it's a bit stupid comparing the United Kingdom to the United States, but nevertheless it's disappointing when there seems to be nowhere to buy this kind of stuff. I suppose there's just not the same market for whatever the word it is for producing gear / clothing. It seems to be the same for DIY. I don't know much, but unlike America where they can go to Lowes / Home Depot etc, there is comparatively f*ck all in Homebase / Wickes / B&Q / trade wholesalers or smaller independent businesses AFAIK where you can easily buy miscellaneous parts or PVC pipe. We can't even buy springs without having them custom made (I was told that by a guy who owns a shop supplying nuts / bolts / screws / springs and all hardware / fixings like that)

FYI, my dad is also fairly knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of stuff and he agrees with me on this.

Sorry about the rant.

I haven't found this bandolier on sale anywhere in the UK, and after checking Grey Ghost Gear's website, it's $45 shipping! (£44 or so in total including shipping then, for something worth under £20)

I was wondering if anybody has by any chance seen it or a similar alternatively. In terms of MOLLE bandoliers, there was the BLACKHAWK STRIKE one on Tactical Kit for £30. It's sold out and I'm not sure if they're going to re-stock it. Your opinion of bandoliers in general (for airsoft) etc would be interesting to hear too.

attachicon.gifgreyghost.jpg

attachicon.gifbandolier2.jpgattachicon.gifbandolier.jpg

^ Guy made his own, very similar to my idea.

I have a number of friends that are cosplayers and they have the same problem. Ebay is definitel your friend here. That and Etsy (chances are someone will have already made on at some point!)

Thanks for the link! For what it is though, I'd rather just buy a plate carrier or get a new chest rig or some pouches.

Not to say Blue Force Gear isn't really good, but I was looking at spending more like £20 and not £40-£50 :(

If you give up on the bandolier......Tactical Tailor's Mini MAV rig beckons...........

cbaabf33b8adbc49f93351fd72c09115.jpg

You know you want to ;)

(but seriously cannot recommend these more, mine's had no problems for 2 years now and it only cost me £30- it's the smallest rig I've ever seen IRL as well, easily wearable under a jacket for close protection scenario milsims. You can find them and other Tactial Tailor products on tactical kit.co.uk)

£44 for a bandolier? The one I want costs more than that :(

SKU2629Eweb1.jpg£60 for one of these, and then I would need the belt....

For a Molle bandolier, can't you use either a molle belt or chest rig with the shoulder straps removed and extend the webbing somehow?

The materials are definitely available if you are prepared to DIY it.

The problem is, they are not listed in t'internet. The typical traits in fabrics that a traditional Taylor looks for cannot be described over the web very well. Things such as material thickness, weaves, finish, drape and dye consistency are all very hands on "feely" traits, that just don't translate to words very well. Two twill weave nylons of the same weight can feel very different. There were some online habidasherys in the early 2000s but they died a death because of it.

http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/p14-heavyweight-polyester-with-pvc-backing

Is where I would start looking, they seem to have a good selection at a reasonable price, and you should be able to pick up the buckles, rivets and everything else you need there too.

Alternatively there will be local sewing shops with fabrics, maybe not to the same spec as what you are after though. They don't tend to advertise on t'internet.p, so dig out the old yellow pages.

Finally there is Hobbycraft ..... I don't like them for materials, but they stock a mid weight twill weave, black nylon. But it's £10 a meter. Way overpriced, but you are paying for the convenience I suppose.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.