New to airsoft and first game this weekend, any tips?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just thought i'd come on and say hello!

i'm new to airsoft and am having my first game this weekend at Humber airsoft :)

Has anybody got some tips or any advice?

I'm heading there on my own because i'd like to get to know new people (plus all my mates aren't really into it) so im looking forward to meeting new people and get a good introduction into airsoft :)

Anybody been to Humber airsoft before? or heading down this sunday?

Thanks for any help :)

I went alone my first game with a cheap trishot, a pocket full of shells and a well worn pair of dpm trousers. Suffice to say I was shown many times why even though shotguns are awesome you will be cut down more often than not haha

Tips for first game:

1. Hydration! You will be running around (hopefully) so you will get dehydrated. Take a large bottle of water with you and leave it in the safe zone.

2. Call your hits! It's a game of trust. If you cheat you'll be labelled as such and possibly banned from future events at that site. If in doubt, call yourself out.

3. Take what you need. Yeah it's fun to roll up in full combat gear like some dudes, but for a first game (with no UKARA) you will only need a rifle, some BBs, face protection and sturdy boots.

4. Rent your gun till you get UKARA sorted. Self explanatory really. You won't be allowed a shiny black toy till you've met the UKARA criteria.

5. Talk to people. Great ice breaker is to ask about their weapons - everyone likes to show off.

6. Read Ian's excellent guide:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

Above all enjoy yourself and have fun :)

P.s. Welcome to the site mate :)

To expand on Happy's post. If you're under 18 and your parents don't play, the best option for two tone is either tiger tone or clear. Anyways have a fun game.

haha no i am over 18, a 24 year old student, so i have very limited funds, rental guns will be good for me :) dont wanna rush into getting anything just yet.

So would you recommend buying some extra bb's? im sure they'll have some on site but bare in mind i have no experience with airsoft or airsoft guns so loading will be confusing at first. Haha i sound useless!

Thanks for your tips so far!

i've got some cheap surplus camo, boots and face protection getting delivered later this week so hopefully i'll be all set and wont stand out too much as a newbie haha!

Any in field tips? other than dont walk out in the open, and always call my shots (i can understand that getting extremely frustrating if not done)

Be honest and call your hits.

Talk to people, everyone is generally friendly.

Don't talk about stuff like COD.

Keep well hydrated.

Mags out in SZ.

Make sure you wear decent eyepro.

Never point your RIF at anybody in the SZ.

You wont need extra BB's as the site will supply them.

Do research and read our guides :)

Take food because you do get hungry.

Tell people about AF-UK!

Also welcome to AF-UK!

Enjoy your stay!

• 2 months later...

I hope you had a good time there lol, if not i want to know why :P

Cheeky tip.... If you see a guy with an expensive gun and more so much gear on him that he looks like a walking retailer, then avoid like the plague. He will spend the entire day convincing you to buy a high and gun whilst enforcing how epic he is at airsoft. You will waste half you day listening to this gimp in the Safezone and worse still in the respawn when you should be having fun

Go to the site, pay attention to the safety briefing, drink loads of water and shoot as many motherfuckers as you can. Quite simply just enjoy yourself till you are exhausted and do t worry too much what other are doing, using, wearing

yea... never heard that one before but good point.. LISTEN TO THE BRIEFS!! both the initial one and the ones between games. not doing to might result in other being annoyed at you later, you looking like a complete idiot, you getting banned from the site

:)

Apart from that, take your hits even if unsure, have fun, be a pleasant person to be around! Safety first. Don't let bad things put you down.

Bring water if you're that kind of person. I never drink during skirmishes.. Sometimes afterwards if the sun is really blazing.

Generally the site will give you a full high cap worth of ammo if you rent (300-450 bbs), if you use up that, you might have to buy. Generally its around £10 for 3000 or 5000. You cannot keep the bbs they provided for your rental (but obviously those that you purchased!) afterwards, so if there is 10-20 minutes left until the end of the day, go insane (in a safe way).

I'd say it's preferable to buy a twotone compared to renting. after you sold the twotone when you get your UKARA you've saved a lot of money compared to if you'd rent. and I guess that a 2nd hand G&G CM16 with £20-40 (1-2 rentals worth) knocked off its original price is very easy to sell. I don't get this "try a lot of different guns to see what you like", I play as well with any type of gun I tired (owend / skirmished, among others, m4s, aks and mp5s). The only thing I have to say there is that Mac 11 and similar SMGs with long mag sticking out of handle can be a bit awkward to handle/sling/holster because of their shape. As well as the selector on ar/h&k type rifles can be a bit in the way if you got fairly big hands.

Oh and I went alone to my first skirmish. No probs! As a matter in fact, I usually go alone, either picking someone up on the way or meeting my friends there. Who most of them I meet thru airsoft.

& above all take it as it is a game of toy soldiers
be light hearted make a joke
do stupid rambo manouvers to Medic your team mates you may get shot but they'll appreciate you more if you try rather than them "bleed out"
erm yeah and Yolo

most important of all, ALWAYS ALWAYS use the expression "y*lo" When you want to do something Badass

apply's to life not just airsoft ^___^

Corrected for you ;)

Corrected for you ;)

Start running now mate haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.