New CQB site opening in Leicester

Lambster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thanks for the comments and feedback, very useful to hear with so little media available about the site.

Have booked on for the 21st along with two of the Ministry of Mince founders, so really looking forward to it.

Silly question - is the carpark pay and display? ;) Seriously though, is there parking at the venue or is it off site parking?

--EDIT: Felix just told me there was room for around 350 cars...think we should be fine - FaO should rent it out for the Kasabian festival gig thats on the evening of the 21st!

If anyone had any photos, please can you post?

Thanks all,

Spanner out

akey had a cam so hopefully he took some footage. There were quite a few with cams though so some should show up soon.

Yeah there was lots of space to park.

I think I know who this was. It's the guy who repeatedly had to be told for going places he shouldn't. Seems those bits have been cut out...lol

I saw myself once, dead and akey once, also dead.

will try to get the video I have up later this week. Yep that was me dead - again :)

The location in the last section of that video got called pyro corner, I got so many BFG kills there !!

• 2 weeks later...

What a day and what a venue - hot as hell and madness in the nut house!

This was an unbelievably brilliant venue, even though semi-auto (it's ultra-CQB with cleaners cupboards etc - ran into one, swung to take aim at guy behind the door and ended up with barrel in his groin - he dropped the BFG he was about to launch and we called time out, shut the cupboard door to allow him to recover his posture!).

So, PRO's

Excellent marshalling and rotation of them between player and marshall

Brilliant use of scenario minigames and team-turn taking

Mixture of long open corridors with no cover, and small rooms leading to rooms so needing proper room clearance on two levels

Wide and well laid out safe room

Lunch (chips, sausage and a drink!)

Could go on.

CON's

Grenades - it was fragging madness! If you didn't have them, you could be stuck in a bottle neck or standoff for 10 minutes, so essential part of your kit (CON as they are key to game changing, and not nice to have a stacked up hallway of 6 players walking back to respawn because of the laughing loon in the closet!)

No ghosts - a few weird moments of panic and dread (this normally during the walk to the respawn where you weren't gonna get hit anyway)

Marshall's silly names - With the likes of Felix, Treebeard, Redneck, Flayl, and so many I tried to remember, you spend ages trying to remember their name when they are playing and have taken the namebadges off - F&O should invest in personalised namebadges for them to put on their kit.

In all, what an epic return to airsoft - half my kit didn't work, the other half broke, and yet I came away with determination to get back there, and more importantly to check out the other F&O Midlands sites as Felix and his crew did a stunning job.

Highly recommend booking up early, they even offer a Friday night kip down if you travel far, maybe that's what I need to do next time to hear bumps in the night ahead of thmps in the morning!

Thanks to all, and can't wait to see the pictures/new footage

Very CQB you say?

Me thinks I'll be leaving my aug at home and running my shotgun instead on the 5th July. Might also invest in a grenade of some sort haha

• 2 weeks later...

Strictly CQB mate. Semi auto with a 350 fps limit on .2g BBs.

Really, really close range site - I ended up running just a pistol and a knife for the most part (even got a knife kill) but I'm glad I took my shotgun instead of my AUG. A lot of fun though.

I'm in mountsorrel, my gun club has a few members wanting to have a skirmishing day, can you use a 450fps+ sniper rifle?

Hello fellow 'sorrel softer. As this is cqb its very strict 350fps. If you are looking for a site to play at where you can use your sniper try MAW (modern airsoft warfare) in melton.

I heard of MAW from when they first opened up, wanted to go but I lived on the other side of town back then.

I think a mate of mine tried it and was very happy and had a great day out.

Preston and myself attend the D days (normal skirmishes) at MAW every 4 weeks. He likes it more than I do as I prefer indoor cqb but MAW is a very good site, especially the marshals. They really know how to give you a good day no matter how many turn up. Last time was about 40-50 people I believe but the time before that was about 120. Well worth a visit especially for only 15 quid if you have your own gear.

The Gaol in Rutland is still on my list to try out and I'd like to go back to the towers at least once a month

• 7 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.