New CQB site opening in Leicester

Lambster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

People who know me will likely know that I have a bit of a thing for The Embassy in Leicester. It's local, it's great to play in and the marshals are great. Unfortunately, the site is closing as the developers are now beginning building work. Last game is 24th May.

Today, First and Only announced a new site in Leicester. The Towers Hospital. 1.2 Million square foot of CQB in an old hospital built in the late 1800s. It looks like it could be exactly what I was looking for and it's within walking distance of my house!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.649345,-1.0879325,646m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Colour me excited. Where have they made the announcement? Just intrigued as to how much of the building will be used. Plus, zombie games.....

Zombie games would be awesome!

They made it on the First and Only Midlands facebook page

What's that then? I would like some Midlands info...

Sweet, I'm sad to see the embassy go (also my regular site) but this looks like an epic replacement

• Supporters

Isn't that the old mental institute? (if that's the pc way of saying it)

Zombie nights will be amazing if that's the case :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's fully booked up now but I think I read felix has took the cap off the amount of booking. Shame I've made other plan cause I really want to try my new kit out. I'll be there before the end of the month though that's for sure

anyone else going this Sat?

Would have but my cars in the garage at the minute and I hate using public transport to get to skirmishes. Sitting on a bus in camo usually gets you dodgy looks haha

Why I'm sad the embassy closed - my mate lived round the corner so I could park at his and walk there.

Loughborough, but I'm actually going to be responsible and get the car sorted this weekend

lamb keep an eye out for 2 guys with DEA patches, that will be Greg and I

• Supporters

Sounds awesome, and the F&O Midlands guys aren't half as bad as Jamie's crew.

Shame it's so far away =[

Let us know how it stacks up against the embassy though guys. From what I've heard it sounds immense but nothing beats first hand accounts.

Lo all, first post, but trying to find info on the new site, I spoke with Garry today who said it was fully booked, but am looking to book me and my backup (or am I his???) for a trip on the next game at The Tower on 21st June.

Looking to get feedback on the site layout, organisation and general feel for the place. We've played a mixture of woodland (aylesbury, Cottingham and Corby)small CQB (the Outpost and the Bristol chambers) and urban sprawls (Cambridge ) and so are looking north for a new challenge.

Bit rusty but up for fun and giggles, plus a bit of serious team work and major heroics!

Hope to see you on the 21st, and will keep checking the post to see how the new site works out.

Spanner out

Good to meet you yesterday Lambster, that ARU loadout looks good :)

Quick hot debrief on the site:

As always well run, the safezone is one of the best I have been to, nice big hall with tables and pleanty of space to sort your kit out. The site itself is good a real mix of large and small rooms from wards to small offices, the team have done a great job with the longer corridors placing cover to break them up.

The games were well run and marshalling was spot on from what I saw, especially considering this was the opening game. Its a big (really big) site so regen walks can be like playing woodland not that this is an issue at all, and the games we played were all pretty good and ran for a good length of time. I also like that the first game was run so that you found your way around the site.

The only problems we had on the day were:

1- the thunderflashes didnt ignite, it wasnt just me everyone had the issue, it was an issue with the strikers, so they could be lit with spare strikers. The guys were really good about this and I believe that Felix is sending the whole batch back so this shouldnt be an issue for any other games.

2- the site can become a bit linear, to get around choke points it can be a very long way around, again not a real problem and we quickly adapted our style to compensate.

Imagine playing airsoft at your local hospital - all of it and you will get the feel, oh and I think I only got lost twice lol.

The site is certainly well worth a visit and we had a great day, we will certainly be back later this year.

Booked in for the 5th July as that's the next game day I have off :)

Good to meet you too mate. Loved your last stand attempt from behind the door too. lol.

I agree with everything akey said about the site.

My only addition would be that it wasn't quite finished with the barricades and they told us as much before we even got in. They were there until 1am making the site playable for us and Felix even slept there.

I loved that there were some places where the 2 teams were at a stand off, but you could just nip in to the court yard and flank them. You really do need to watch your back there.

I didn't spend much time upstairs really as most of our team were up there. I'll hopefully be going on the 5th July too as long as there's still spaces available on payday.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.