This gun any good?

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think if you're looking for an exotic gun, the scar is the way to go. It takes m4 mags which is good because most players are running an m4. Zero One's paint jobs are bad. Two tone looks excellent on me

To answer your question. D-Boys had a horrible reputation for gun quality. It's apparently got better so I'd ask Zero One first.

I heard about that, not many reviews. The agm scar, have you had one or know anything about it?

I heard about that, not many reviews. The agm scar, have you had one or know anything about it?

I don't know much but guys down at surplusstore could really help you out. AGM aren't the best, but they certainly aren't bad.

Few things:

Is this going to be a first gun?

Are you under 18?

Read this: (Noob's guide) It is (in my opinion) the best guide for airsoft noobies around.

FOLLOW THIS TOPIC! If you want to get notified when someone leaves a comment on it, then follow it (it's the black button in the top right)

Edited by DX115FALCON

• Supporters

The problem you're going to have is that guns like the SCAR are not as popular as M4s, AKs or G36s. As a result, the good ones tend to be pricier (the G&G SCAR-L for example is about £300). While I appreciate that you maybe want a gun that's a bit different from the crowd or because you have a particular weapon you enjoy from a game, as far as your first gun goes I would strongly suggest sticking with one of the three styles I mentioned. Mostly because you'll get a better gun for the money from a more reputable brand. For the money you're talking about you could get a very decent CYMA AK or a G&G Combat Machine.

The problem you're going to have is that guns like the SCAR are not as popular as M4s, AKs or G36s. As a result, the good ones tend to be pricier (the G&G SCAR-L for example is about £300). While I appreciate that you maybe want a gun that's a bit different from the crowd or because you have a particular weapon you enjoy from a game, as far as your first gun goes I would strongly suggest sticking with one of the three styles I mentioned. Mostly because you'll get a better gun for the money from a more reputable brand. For the money you're talking about you could get a very decent CYMA AK or a G&G Combat Machine.

ICS make great sportline guns. Comes with 2 mags.

• Supporters

ICS make great sportline guns. Comes with 2 mags.

Indeed - or an ICS Sportline.

More to the point you can get a better gun for the budget if you stick with the more common styles.

I would never recommend the scar. It's just you wanted one. You're better off hiring, buying a gun that will be durable. At the end of the day, it's your call.

I know I am bias as I am a SCAR user. They are great looking and best of not an M4.

But the AGM and D-Doys look cheap! The stock is all wrong and just shouts cheap and nasty.

As said rent and get a defence (if over 18) and save up for the best one you can afford. G&G or better still TM.

Few things:

Is this going to be a first gun?

Are you under 18?

Read this: (Noob's guide) It is (in my opinion) the best guide for airsoft noobies around.

FOLLOW THIS TOPIC! If you want to get notified when someone leaves a comment on it, then follow it (it's the black button in the top right)

I have all the kit because i do a CCF army thing at school, so boots and camo kit im good for :P

I worked on one quite recently actually.

Lots of techno-babble ahead so I will try keep it simple.

The Stock is atrocious quality. The plastic used feels very brittle and weak,like the shitty acrylic we use at school. It does not feels very secure,the latch mechanism was made out of pot metal & plastic so it may be fragile. It did have a concerning amount of wobble. Otherwise I did not detect any other major external issues aside from the stock,it felt rather solid,however the upper receiver is made out of a nasty feeling pot metal that's fairly heavy.

Internals wise- Barrel and hop up unit are fails. Stock,the hop up unit was cast improperly so the gun had piss poor performance. Hop up units are fairly cheap and can be replaced. Wiring quality on the gearbox was poor as well. Gear set is a standard set of ACM full sintered gears,they are strong enough to last long on an m120 or m130 spring,but not amazing quality gears. Fairly noisy. The bushings were complete fails that grenaded themselves after minor usage. Piston was okay,not amazing but usable. Air seal parts are poor quality but usable with some new O rings. The one saving grace was the motor,the gun came with a Chaoli 22TPA torque monster motor which worked beautifully with the SHS high speed gear set i installed.

The gun overall has some potential to be upgraded and work well but overall poor quality leaves a lot to be desired. It seems nobody can crack out a decent cheap SCAR.

I'd go for an ICS sportline gun. Much better internally. G&G Combat machines are fairly good too.

I have all the kit because i do a CCF army thing at school, so boots and camo kit im good for :P

Same here.

Anyway, back to the main question, D-Boys aren't the best company in the world.

I would recommend:

-the G&G Raider (if you want an M4 style AEG [£130 or so])

-an AK by CYMA (they are a Chinese clone of Tokyo Marui, but their AK series is considered among the best on the market [about £150] )

-a JG G36 (If you want something that isn't quite an M4, but common enough that accessories & upgrades will be cheap [about £150])

I would wait a few months before getting something obscure.

Same here.

Anyway, back to the main question, D-Boys aren't the best company in the world.

I would recommend:

-the G&G Raider (if you want an M4 style AEG [£130 or so])

-an AK by CYMA (they are a Chinese clone of Tokyo Marui, but their AK series is considered among the best on the market [about £150] )

-a JG G36 (If you want something that isn't quite an M4, but common enough that accessories & upgrades will be cheap [about £150])

I would wait a few months before getting something obscure.

Ok thanks, very helpful post. Will look into them all

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.