Advice for first gun

Rhob

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!

I am quite new to Airsoft, I've gone along with my friend once a few years ago a while ago but never continued, I want to get more In to It now, I'm currently 17 and 18 In June, I've currently got no gun or any equipment, my budget for my first gun Is £100-150 and I am willing to spend more when I play more.

The gun Ideally would be an M4 but I'm honestly not too fussed, the site I would be attending would be and outdoor one so I think an M4 would be my best option, It would have to be two-tone as I have no UKARA licence. I've took a look at the guide and reading through that I have found that the M4 would be more suitable for me, budget wise and for what I would be using It for, I've also took a look at some websites that sell airsoft guns but not found what I was looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rob.

Best bet is go to a few games and hire guns. This will give you a chance to see what sort of gun would suit you. It takes 2 months and 3 games to get UKARA sorted so by then you will be 18.

What he said.

Best bet is go to a few games and hire guns. This will give you a chance to see what sort of gun would suit you. It takes 2 months and 3 games to get UKARA sorted so by then you will be 18.

Thanks a lot for your reply, would I be able to hire a gun at 17 on site or would parental consent be needed, or does that really depend on the site?

Some decent m4 "starter rifles" that are in your price range once you get UKARA sorted:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-plastic-m4a1-retractable-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=5645

These are generally the "go to" beginner rifles that most people on this site will recommend. Obviously a bigger budget will lead to better quality guns but you'll hold your own at skirmishes with either of these.

Another alternative is if you only play at one site and know you will it might be worth asking the site owner or manager to purchase the gun for you and hold it on site until you have UKARA. Nothing dodgy about it. They own the gun until you have UKARA, no money comes out of their pocket and you don't have to wait to buy it. It also guarentees them at least 3 games you have to do at their site because they have your gun. In a way they benefit from doing this. And so do you.

Yes they will rent you a gun, you just won't be able to buy grenades.

Buy a G&G Combat Machine and be happy.

Hire your gun for the first three months and to begin with, concentrate on getting yourself some decent boots and good eye pro first. Then you can start to think about what weapon you want and what loadout.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.