my batteries don't hold charge can I get away with a game tomorrow?

Gungeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

nimh3300mah 8.4v battery

Those are the type i have 2 both seem to lose charge

Can I get away with a days skirmishing or will they just die early on me

Really depends on how much charge they are loosing. I personally don't tend to get through more than a few hundred rounds in a few hours so I can go a day on a lot less than that (lipo). But really depends how much of the 3300mah charge remains available and how much you shoot. The rule I have heard is about 1 mah per shot so 6600 mah worth of batteries for a day is quite a lot more than most people I see using. Only you know can estimate how much charge you think remains in those batteries and how much you shoot on a day.

Right ok thank you can always tone it back a bit I'm estimating over half and its a more powerful battery apparantly than the gun requires an m4 so 2 batteries in theory is making a whole

Haven't really used them before so I have no real clue what there capable of

Right well the battery isn't very good getting a new one for it due to itseems to lose a lot of charge

NihM and NiCad batteries don't hold charge well if you leave them hanging around for weeks, but if you charge them fully a day or so before you intend to play then they should hold charge enough to allow you a whole days play with them. Lipo batteries are much better at holding charge when left disconnected. One of mine only lost about 10% over 5 months.

• Supporters

If you have the right charger do a cycle charge on it although nihm batteries don't need to be discharged a cycle may help to bring the hold back. Also try a slower charge rate charge the battery on a lower Amp setting.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.