What gas?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got this Well MP5K/g55 from a friend. However, what gas does it use? He doesn't know, and google just says gas.. Is it red or green or what?

Also, how do I stop the leaking? All 3 mags it came with leaks. Can I just buy some mags from other manurfactors? Would they still work?

Google is your friend for this one. There are some really good guides out there for it.

The well magazine is very well know as being built by blind fish. Almost nothing in it was made the right size.

They can leak from 3 places, the top, the middle and the bottom and repairs range from simply a ptfe fest or soaking the O ring to epoxy and shortening the magazine altogether.

It's a fair bit of DIY to make them almost barely usable. Hence why they are so cheeep.

Gas wise you are going to lose most if it anyway so don't go filling with any fancy stuff just yet till you fix the magazine leaks. Just normal abbey green gas will be fine for now.

You could run a few mags of abbey maintenance gas fist, just to lube the mag and gun see if that help.

Google is your friend for this one. There are some really good guides out there for it.

The well magazine is very well know as being built by blind fish. Almost nothing in it was made the right size.

They can leak from 3 places, the top, the middle and the bottom and repairs range from simply a ptfe fest or soaking the O ring to epoxy and shortening the magazine altogether.

It's a fair bit of DIY to make them almost barely usable. Hence why they are so cheeep.

Gas wise you are going to lose most if it anyway so don't go filling with any fancy stuff just yet till you fix the magazine leaks. Just normal abbey green gas will be fine for now.

You could run a few mags of abbey maintenance gas fist, just to lube the mag and gun see if that help.

So if I bought mags from other manurfactors? Any guarantee that they will work/fit?

• Supporters

No other manufacturers make mags that will work.

As ED says no other brand will work, because it's a direct clone of the maruzen (sp?).

If you can find their mags then you may have some luck. However they are out of production and most of the internet can't find any so will prolly end up costing you more than the gun did, and there is no guaantee they still won't leak, as they are the same design.

It all comes down to a flawed design, copied and then built very badly. Hence the low price.

Does there exist a video or some pics showing how you fix it? Tried some text guides, and I'm lost. No idea what to do, and the gun sounds like it's useless now... I'm thinking airsoft is not worth it. Seems like nothing works. No matter what it is.

You've just had a bad experience with a gas gun, that's all....gas weapons are high maintenance, so they're not recommended for new players. you're better off staying on the airsoft scene with renting etc until you have enough to buy a decent AEG :)

You've just had a bad experience with a gas gun, that's all....gas weapons are high maintenance, so they're not recommended for new players. you're better off staying on the airsoft scene with renting etc until you have enough to buy a decent AEG :)

I do have high end. ASG Mp9 and VFC scar. It's just this one does not work really well...

So if anyone know of any better guides to fix this mag, I would be really gratefull!

I do have high end. ASG Mp9 and VFC scar. It's just this one does not work really well...

....Then why did you post you were thinking of giving up airsoft?

I'm not. Just a way to say that guns usually don't come perfectly. Always something wrong.

Seems like nothing works. No matter what it is.

just search on youtube how to fix a leaking gas mag. can try adding gun specifics if you want but there should be something to help such as..

its probably gonna depend on why/where from the mag is leaking. in theory gas mags should be of similar design just differing shapes and sizes for the guns. problem being if its not well made itll take more to fix...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.