taiwangun.com

baz-1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I’d never heard of UKASA until now and I’m all over Airsoft like a tramp on a dropped kebab which makes me think the border farce wouldn’t have a fecking clue what it is ! So I’d say if you are using them as a defense then be prepared for lots of phone calls to jobs worth’s who won’t have any idea what your babbling on about !🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

Mmm.  The reason I'm rolling my eyes at UKASA is that they charge £30 which gets you Shooter's Right membership and third party liability cover.  Now, that's not a bad thing in and of itself, and comes out £10 cheaper than individual membership (but more than group costs, and I assume the difference is what's funding UKASA, and again, fair enough).

However, where I take issue is UKASA claims that "Therefore Third Party Liability Insurance should logically be applied to the airsoft community in relation to  the players.", based on reading part of https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures and interpreting it to mean that the requirement for third party liability applies to players as well as sites.

Not so, if they'd bothered to read on.  A scheme that's essentially identical to UKARA is proposed, which explicitly gives a defence to sellers purely based on site membership and the 3 plays / 2 months criteria, with not a hint that the players as well as the site would have to hold their own insurance.

Verdict: sperglords gotta sperg.

• 4 weeks later...

Placed order during the evening of the 1st of October (so obviously wouldn't be processed until the following day), UPS left it in the agreed place today.  Stupidly well packed and absolutely no issues.

B***** is going to really screw this sort of thing up.

My package arrived on Friday. Very well packed and the tracking service meant I could watch the journey across Poland and Germany with great excitement.

My only issue was that the cocking handle on my MP5 had snapped in 2 places while in the box! (I know these handles are meant to be temperamental, but I at least wanted the opportunity to break it myself with a good slap!) I contacted them and they are sending me a new handle, no fuss, which I was happy with.

Everything else in the package was spot on and prices seemed as good as you could get.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

3 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Ordered today, easy ordering process, apart from the address and postcode! Will keep updated with how quick it comes. 

Expect 5-7 days by UPS.  Also, if you're not going to be in, you can register on the UPS website and ask them to leave it somewhere safe/with a neighbour or get it delivered on a different day.

6 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Expect 5-7 days by UPS.  Also, if you're not going to be in, you can register on the UPS website and ask them to leave it somewhere safe/with a neighbour or get it delivered on a different day.

Thanks, appreciate that. Was hoping they'd have a service like this. 5-7 will give me time to start ordering other pieces from elsewhere 😊

On 09/10/2019 at 13:42, Seagal99 said:

My package arrived on Friday. Very well packed and the tracking service meant I could watch the journey across Poland and Germany with great excitement.

My only issue was that the cocking handle on my MP5 had snapped in 2 places while in the box! (I know these handles are meant to be temperamental, but I at least wanted the opportunity to break it myself with a good slap!) I contacted them and they are sending me a new handle, no fuss, which I was happy with.

Everything else in the package was spot on and prices seemed as good as you could get.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

As promised my replacement cocking lever arrived free of charge. Great service and helpful when I had an issue.

1 hour ago, ChrisG said:

ups attempted delivery. I wasnt home.  Fuck UPS 😭

That always sucks when that happens!

23 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Literally 10 mins away and was watching him on CCTV knock, write a ticket and leave 😭😭😭.

Should have gone down the "safe place" route - if you could, of course!  Hope they can redeliver at a more suitable time.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, ChrisG said:

ups attempted delivery. I wasnt home.  Fuck UPS 😭

My favourite part with UPS is when you log in through your account and arrange for delivery on a specific date, and then they just ignore you and throw it in the van as soon as it arrives, then send you a "We tried to deliver, why weren't you in, we're very disappointed." nastygram.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Then the couriers.

12 hours ago, Philby21 said:

Should have gone down the "safe place" route - if you could, of course!  Hope they can redeliver at a more suitable time.

Didn't have the option for that. So I've asked for a UPS drop off point. Let's hope that's easier. Or the drop off point doesnt steal it! 🤨😭

• Supporters
5 hours ago, ChrisG said:

So I've asked for a UPS drop off point.

I've had RIFs rejected by two local UPS access points. Apparently they can just say "Don't want", presumably because they're too big to store behind the counter.

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I've had RIFs rejected by two local UPS access points. Apparently they can just say "Don't want", presumably because they're too big to store behind the counter.

Oh strange my evo went to my local but the evo isn't that big I suppose since it has a folding stock. 

49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well tracking says it's been delivered to my collection point. Whether I can pick up from there is a different story 🤔😂😂

2 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Came well packaged. Everything I had ordered. In good time. Can't fault them! 😊

Excellent news!  Glad you got it in the end. 👍

• 2 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.