taiwangun.com

baz-1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

i had a look last night and wow, do you need ukara to order from them? whats there shipping like. @Druid799

Yes you still need a defence , you need it to buy Airsoft guns from anywhere in the world if there coming back in to the UK either with you or by postage . I usually make my orders on the wknd so they start on it Monday morning and it’ll usually arrive on the Thursday of that wk .

one thing I will also say is keep checking there site regularly as A; they have some corking discounts and B; when somthing is out of stock it gets pulled from there web page so it’s not listed anymore (one of the things I do like about them , there’s no “oooh I’ve been after one of those for ages !” And when you do click on it ? it’s out of stock !🤬) and only goes back up when back in stock .👍

@Druid799 right so need to get my defence, going to play a game at the Fortress next wed or Friday. will be my second game at that site but I also played 1 game a fwg too will that still count towards ukara or does it need to be at the same site.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

@Druid799 right so need to get my defence, going to play a game at the Fortress next wed or Friday. will be my second game at that site but I also played 1 game a fwg too will that still count towards ukara or does it need to be at the same site.

Depends if there linked or not (like in Bristol you’ve got Cribbs causeway and Portishead both owned by black ops) other wise I ‘think’ it’s the same site as they need to be able to confirm you’ve played the three games in the correct time frame .

Just over a week ago I placed my first order to TaiwanGun and thanks to some great advice from Druid799 had zero problems in fact they have been the best so far for me and that is high praise indeed as I thought no one could top the service I've had from China,good communication, everything came in good time (8 days from ordering) was well packaged and in perfect condition.I've just placed another order with them for a chest rig and mag pouches(cheap as chips) and will do business with them in the future too

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
On 17/01/2019 at 10:27, Druid799 said:

Well Ladies & gentlemen , I’ve just taken a phone call from Paypal (from an Irish lass that had the sexiest voice I’ve heard in a long time !) to tell me in ref to the complaint I logged with them about this that she’d had a quick look and yes she did think there taking the piss (I para phrase her words😉) and she’s instigating an investigation in to it , and if they are found to be at fault then they will have to repay the extra charges and will be having a bollocking over it !  

So would appear Paypal actually DO list to there customers!

Two months later they're still charging an extra 4.5% (!) for PayPal. :(

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Two months later they're still charging an extra 4.5% (!) for PayPal. :(

cant you follow up or find out if this has been 'auctioned' by PP?

• Supporters

Have contacted Paypal and the reply was “it’s company policy not to go in too case details but after speaking with the retailer there is no further action needed ! “

So basically it’s a case of we’re still getting our cut so screw you ! 🤬

• Supporters

Thanks for chasing this up.

So their rules are more what you'd call guidelines?  Sad times, sad times.

Ah, it turns out that only UK merchants are strictly prohibited from surcharging. Others are simply "not encourage[d]" to do so.

https://www.paypal.com/ee/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

Ordered a couple of 8fields leg pouches Sunday, arrived today (Thursday) which is quicker than some places I've ordered from here in the UK. £7 each which is rediculously cheap and was the only place I found selling them. Postage and yes PayPal charge was total of about £13. £27 paid in total and for me was worth ordering. I haven't saved loads of money but they seemed to be the only place that had what I wanted. 

Very happy, will use again if it makes sense to.

• 4 months later...
  • Supporters
4 hours ago, Thesman106 said:

Has anyone got issues regarding the postcode? It asks for "AA9 9AA" but my postcode is "A9 9AA". How do I get around this?

Go in to your account details and change the format of your post code (this happened to me too) it needs to be one continues word without the gap so you have WX123YZ instead of WX12 3YZ .👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Go in to your account details and change the format of your post code (this happened to me too) it needs to be one continues word without the gap so you have WX123YZ instead of WX12 3YZ .👍

The issue is, my post code X1 2YZ. Even typing in X12YZ. Still comes with an error

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Thesman106 said:

The issue is, my post code X1 2YZ. Even typing in X12YZ. Still comes with an error

Well bugger , have you tried putting a full stop at the beginning or the end of your post code ? Could be worth a try .

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Well bugger , have you tried putting a full stop at the beginning or the end of your post code ? Could be worth a try .

No dice, strange how this problem has been a around for a while but no one has the solution posted. If worst comes to worst, I'll get it delivered to a relative's place. Gotta be pretty awkward having a family reunion after so many years for some rifles

• Supporters

Bit of an obvious question but tried contacting them direct ?

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Bit of an obvious question but tried contacting them direct ?

Sent them an email about it, Thier customer support aren't open in a Sunday. So I gotta wait till tomorrow now

Took the plunge and bought the full metal Magpul Cyma shotty, sling, shells, bandoleer. Free bag and admin pouch? Yes please! 

Looking forward to see how things go after seeing all the good here. 

• 5 weeks later...

Probably already answered this question, but When ordering from these guys, do you just need the UKASA number and your personal details etc and it gets through customs ok? Just planning to make a first order from them and don’t want HMRC burning my kit. My postcode works fine by the way, but did have to put it all in caps!

Yes, with UKARA you'll be fine.

When ordering an AEG, you can request them to restrict fps to 350 for free.

(Duno if they replace the spring or chop it though)

If you don't request it then you may have to change it yourself.

13 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yes, with UKARA you'll be fine.

When ordering an AEG, you can request them to restrict fps to 350 for free.

(Duno if they replace the spring or chop it though)

If you don't request it then you may have to change it yourself.

Nice one. Will request that limit as want full auto AEGs. 

On 12/08/2019 at 20:02, Cipher-032 said:

Package came as promised today.

Very well packed. No issues there. Every thing is in order. Got two free goodies as well.

5EDBD0E1-4E86-4F70-8F50-1C602D1E2C4D.jpeg

F730A5B5-472F-49C5-B151-11A2B216CCAE.jpeg

I'm planning to make the same purchase but in tan.

• Supporters
On 11/09/2019 at 10:05, Seagal99 said:

Probably already answered this question, but When ordering from these guys, do you just need the UKASA number and your personal details etc and it gets through customs ok?

TaiwanGun is on UKASA's retailer list: https://www.ukasa.org/approved-retailers

However, Border Farce may or may not know about UKASA, as opposed to UKARA, and may or may not give a stuff either way.  I note that the UKASA site was written by a sperglord, and provides no statement or implication that Border Farce will be given access.

However to the however, when I asked Border Farce how many UKARA checks they make, their answer might best have been summarised as:

tumblr_mmwhrfPTtZ1qeqr5fo1_250.gif

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

TaiwanGun is on UKASA's retailer list: https://www.ukasa.org/approved-retailers

However, Border Farce may or may not know about UKASA, as opposed to UKARA, and may or may not give a stuff either way.  I note that the UKASA site was written by a sperglord, and provides no statement or implication that Border Farce will be given access.

However to the however, when I asked Border Farce how many UKARA checks they make, their answer might best have been summarised as:

tumblr_mmwhrfPTtZ1qeqr5fo1_250.gif

Good to know they’re very competent and keeping us safe, and not just collecting our taxes and holding us up at airports.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.