taiwangun.com

baz-1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Their pricing is odd, been watching a gun for ages, waiting for potential new year sale.  Its gone up in price by £12.  

On 26/07/2018 at 10:55, snuff said:

Never had any extra charges although they have dropped free delivery.Just to add they are very professional and they put a lot of UK traders in the shade,they allowing tracking to your door,something UK retailers struggle with or even care about.Spring swapping up or down,correcting fps and adding extras have always been free labour wise.Pity there are few UK traders who care as much about their "customers"...£££££££££😉

Alas I completely agree with you UK retailers are great face to face but omg they really are flippant other wise no wonder the Chinese economy is booming 

• Supporters
On 29/12/2018 at 17:47, kasaran said:

Their pricing is odd, been watching a gun for ages, waiting for potential new year sale.  Its gone up in price by £12.  

Prices are linked to the euro so sales aside the price goes up and down like a Catholic nuns knickers ! 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Prices are linked to the euro so sales aside the price goes up and down like a Catholic nuns knickers ! 🤦‍♂️

Hope it drops in 2 weeks again then...

22 minutes ago, snuff said:

They've decided to add 4.5% paypal fees to the purchase options...😒..

Report them to PayPal, that’s against PayPal’s T&C’s

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Report them to PayPal, that’s against PayPal’s T&C’s

Is it? Noticed that the other day, cheeky bastards. That's the same as a seller asking buyer to cover fees via I paypal transaction isn't it? (done it before myself like) they are a company though. 

• Supporters

The cheeky bastards ! 🤬 AND reported to Paypal, after the amount of money I’ve put through there business over the past two years they can cover the poxy charges ! 😡

• Supporters
1 hour ago, snuff said:

They've decided to add 4.5% paypal fees to the purchase options...😒..

Greedy nogood Cnuts.

I was just about to complete an order but was indecisive,this made my mind up...😊...from their website;-

International payments:

There is a fee when you send a payment to someone in another country or if you receive a payment from someone in another country.  The PayPal user agreement has specific information.  You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Note: It's currently not possible to send or receive a personal payment to and from India using PayPal. If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way, we currently recommend Xoom.com.

6 minutes ago, snuff said:

I was just about to complete an order but was indecisive,this made my mind up...😊...from their website;-

International payments:

There is a fee when you send a payment to someone in another country or if you receive a payment from someone in another country.  The PayPal user agreement has specific information.  You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Note: It's currently not possible to send or receive a personal payment to and from India using PayPal. If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way, we currently recommend Xoom.com.

Only if you convert currencies

4.5% is beyond the charged rate anyway @ 20p + 3.4%... it's an annoying trend but as the divide shortens UK retailers might get more custom..lets hope so..

Witam / Hello / Bonjour / Buenos dias

Hi, we are sorry but due to the Brexit the cost of shipping with UPS goes up.
For the paypal fees, PAypla servcie impose it to us, but you got always different method of payment.
Like bank transfert or Dotpay with credit card ale payment are secure.

--
raw?appid=YahooMailBasic&ymreqid=ce3d563
Best regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement / Un saludo
Filip Dach
taiwangun.com

11 minutes ago, snuff said:

Hi, we are sorry but due to the Brexit the cost of shipping with UPS goes up.
For the paypal fees, PAypla servcie impose it to us, but you got always different method of payment.
Like bank transfert or Dotpay with credit card ale payment are secure.

--
Filip Dach
taiwangun.com

WTF, nothings even happened on Brexit yet so how can they forsee any of this enough to act already?!

Sounds like they're adding bogus charges on something that isn't reality yet...

As for making the buyer pay the PayPal fees; they lose all my business from now (which ain't much.... lol :lol:).

All payment services have a fee so why this is different I have no idea.

He shall now be known as Filip the Fee Flipper.

I asked about the fees..

Hi, yes but paypal has made higher few to the firm that why the taxes get higher too.

--
Filip Dach
taiwangun.com

• Supporters

Cheeky feckers.  If their PayPal fees have been increased, it's because they've been hit with chargebacks and lost cases.  Don't mess up orders and that won't happen.

This further reinforces my conviction that even the best 21st century airsoft retailers are still running 20th century operations, and strengthens my resolution to never buy anything airsoft related again with anything other than PayPal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Well Ladies & gentlemen , I’ve just taken a phone call from Paypal (from an Irish lass that had the sexiest voice I’ve heard in a long time !) to tell me in ref to the complaint I logged with them about this that she’d had a quick look and yes she did think there taking the piss (I para phrase her words😉) and she’s instigating an investigation in to it , and if they are found to be at fault then they will have to repay the extra charges and will be having a bollocking over it !  

So would appear Paypal actually DO list to there customers!😱

Edited by Druid799
How could I forget the Airsoft Elf that is our Arwen 🧝‍♀️

They are most likely just going to stop using paypal i bet.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, kasaran said:

They are most likely just going to stop using paypal i bet.

I expect that they will, then they'll see their sales drop (I'll never use anything else to buy airsoft gear again), then will rethink for the 4th time.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

is tawain gun cheap ?

Yup is a lot cheaper than all the UK retailers and some times it’s very very cheap , last summer I picked up near £170 worth of kit for around £50 somthing delivered ! 

49 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Yup is a lot cheaper than all the UK retailers and some times it’s very very cheap , last summer I picked up near £170 worth of kit for around £50 somthing delivered ! 

just had a look wow they got some cheap gear 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

just had a look wow they got some cheap gear 

Yea it is but don’t be put off by how cheap the tac gear is it very good quality, yes it’s no Blackhawk or LBT but it’s a hell of a lot better than a lot of the Chinese stuff you get for 3or4 times the price ! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.