taiwangun.com

baz-1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm surprised this hasn't been updated for a while.

I'm on order number 2.  The first one, well, Polish addresses ain't like UK addresses.  Be very sure that your address appears as you want it before doing the order.  In particular, don't try to get clever with the flat number part - about 8 characters of it just gets appended to the end of the address line, so don't try and use it for your UKARA. :wacko:

It took a few days of back-and-forth to get that sorted, but they were pretty responsive and it all came good in the end.  At that, I don't think their dispatch is the quickest, so plan on a few days to get the order out, then 3+ for delivery, so you're not likely to get it the same week that you order.  At a quick (order number difference / date difference) calculation on my 2 orders, they're processing in excess of 300 orders per day so might get swamped at times.

Other things to be aware of is that they use the cower of shunts at UPS, who will do everything possible to misdirect, misdeliver and flat out lie to you about your package.  In particular, you can probably forget having any gun order delivered to one of their "Access Points" which tend to be hole-in-the-wall shops who will simply refuse it as it's too big for their shoebox sized storage.

GunFire's "GLS" courier use ParcelForce once it hits the UK, who are slightly less awful than UPS.

All that said, dat stock, dem prices.  Once you've amortised the postage charges, it's hard to argue with the value proposition.

• Supporters

Use them prity much exclusively now , for an international seller I’m more than happy with a 1 wk turnaround , bought something from Ehobbyasia a couple of mths ago and it took 5wks to come and there not exactly some guy working out of his flat ? As long as your order is over £50 then me personally I think the P&P cost is cancelled out by the savings on the kit ? So yup I’m a big fan aswell ! ;)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

plan on a few days to get the order out, then 3+ for delivery, so you're not likely to get it the same week that you order.

Shows what I know.  Ordered yesterday, dispatched today, UPS plan to mis-deliver it on Friday.  Don't I look silly. ;)

Lulz though, they're STILL showing the messed up address from my first order, despite having sorted that out last time.

I might have to create a new account in order to fix that. -_-

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, PeterST said:

Do they offer a two tone service? I can't see anything on the website 🤔

Unfortunately not. But do check as they often sell two-tone versions of items that are listed as a seperate item altogether and not an option to select prior to purchase.

I purchased Easter weekend and my delivery was due today.... except it already turned up last Friday. 3 business days even with a public holiday.

I don't mind £11 shipping when it actually gets it here early.

I'll definitely be switching to these guys rather than GF - I ordered a few small parts from them a while back and got accurate order process emails, and shipping was bang on time (I think even quicker than they estimated)

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I love the prices and service on this site, they really need to re-evaluate their packaging. Normally it's quite good but this?

20180531_104921.jpg

Especially since they charge nearly £12 for 4 day turnaround I'd like my package a little less trampified.

Great site - never bought any RIFs from them, but for bulk orders of BBs and for accessories etc they've been awesome.

2 hours ago, AndyDynamic said:

I think that's more a case of improvise, adapt and overcome! 😅

To be fair, it was also sealed in a watertight bag. Having taken it out though I was so impressed with that eyesore I just had to share.

1 hour ago, Trojax88 said:

Great site - never bought any RIFs from them, but for bulk orders of BBs and for accessories etc they've been awesome.

I've had a few pieces of gear from there. JPC, hydro unit & assault pack and a few other bits, good stuff for great prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my order delivered today, placed it on Thursday afternoon.

Packaging isn't great however everything was working on arrival, got myself and a friend a lot of pouches, a spare chest rig and backpack loadout as well as a backup gas pistol shooting well at 320fps (chrono'd) for £30. Very happy!

• Supporters

Mmm, their packaging is somewhat... rustic... but really they're just wrapping a bunch of shipping boxes together, any one of which would be fine on its own.

• Supporters
On 5/31/2018 at 5:52 PM, Trojax88 said:

If I can I get all my new Gatts from them , they down grade for free (something a few UK retailers charge for !) and if you pick up one of there ‘own brand’ ones nine times out of ten a lot of the internals have been factory up-graded to there specs AND it’ll still come out cheaper than the factory standard model over here ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

I am intrigued by their "P&J" branded guns.  Upgraded CYMAs, metal receivers, M120 springs (I'm after a DMR), Sadly still bushings rather than bearings, but:

· directional piston head
· piston head on bearing
· reinforce cylinder head

Hop-Up chamber made of metal

We need @Sitting Duck to do an autopsy on one and see how much they've actually changed... ;)

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I am intrigued by their "P&J" branded guns.  Upgraded CYMAs, metal receivers, M120 springs (I'm after a DMR), Sadly still bushings rather than bearings, but:

· piston head on bearing

We need @Sitting Duck to do an autopsy on one and see how much they've actually changed... ;)

Why do you want bearings over bushings? It’s just another potential failure point. And with such tiny ballbearings they don’t really spin all that efficiently 

• Supporters
On 6/21/2018 at 8:04 AM, Rogerborg said:

· piston head on bearing

Gearbox is almost identical to the cheapo plastic Cyma cm517's etc....

It is from a different casting, there is no trigger tang limiter in top half of gearbox

The cylinder window is not re-enforced - so a BARE piston fits through it

(no ultra extra material above/below cylinder that stops piston fitting through)

It is radius'd up front already and painted black than un-painted like cheapo box

Still 8mm cross bushings - but ok tbh

Still re-enforced at back - so mod req for fitting 13:1 gears

Still v3 spring guide but they include a bearing spring guide

Still crap Lonex type clear tappet plate & crap nozzle

Still crap cylinder head that falls out on its own

Still not so great cyma gears with #1 bevel

Still need to remove safety arm screw prior to opening box

Still cyma switch with rear prongs

Basically nigh on the same gearbox, just a very slightly different casting

A while back older Cyma MP5's had 7mm cross bushings instead of 8mm

This box was not re-enforced at rear so 13:1 gears went straight in

normal tappet plate I think too

Anyway you can see this all over again here:

OR pics of a metal Cyma 072 extensively torn apart by a guy on Arnie's about 6 months ago....

https://imgur.com/a/W1lRi

fill ya boots on what's inside, they had the 069 for about £105, which was a blinding deal but now no more

(was a bit too long for my liking for a reg AEG or I'd probably bought one (or two) at that price

So not bought stuff for a while and tbh - with a tear down like that you get to see what is inside

basically the same internals near enough on gearbox but with bolt catch, metal receiver & hop etc...

still same lame 28tpa motor though but hey ho - the ones on offer an absolute bargain if they float ya boat

• Supporters

Thanks, interesting stuff.  That nozzle makes me sad; I'd prefer not to take the gearbox apart, but knowing it's not got an o-ring would bother me.

• 3 weeks later...

We did an order with Taiwangun - Was dispatched next day and arrived in 4 days.

However, the second order is still in 'Processed' since the 6th and is still not dispatched, the difference is this time there is a RIF which we have asked to be downgraded.

Should I start getting worried? or is this normal?

It seems I never received an order confirmation, checked deleted and junk, nothing....I've just been refreshing the page with this everyday every 5 mins :D

Snap44.jpg.4e5248086fce2e76cdf1aa5343b58b16.jpg

I assumed it would take longer to dispatch with having to downgrade etc but now you've said 4 days, then that's fine, was just getting worried there was a problem (like its actually out of stock)

Thanks!

• Supporters

... bearing in mind that doing a free downgrade isn't going to be their top priority if they're rammed with orders at the moment.

I don't think hellish much of their packaging that's for sure.

Other than that, flawless service.

20180719_155720.thumb.jpg.a66ed9a29ec6c79db6357a9c7d646cb5.jpg20180719_155728.thumb.jpg.502312952cbed88b72b26fdf21e3a50f.jpg

to be clear, this was not transit damage. The grey courier bag this box came in was unmarked. The box they packed the stuff into was far too small for the contents so it appears they just taped it to within an inch of its life, breaking the box in the process, and just hoped for the best.

• Supporters

Mmm, in car dealer parlance, they all do that, sir, it's characteristic.

Those are shipping boxes, it's not like they come to them from Taiwan in anything sturdier.  But yes, they are somewhat creative when packaging orders together.

Anyway, what's in there?  Anything droolworthy?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.