Oshiboom -VS- TRMR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to pick up a BFG soon but can't decide between the Oshiboom and the TRMR. Has anyone had experience of both and can make a comparison of the two to see which is better?

The main differences are:

- TRMR doesn't use a pin, its just twist and throw

- TRMR safety is just a twist back so its quick to get it to safety.

The end result is that the TRMR is quicker to prepare, load and throw and you can't loose the pin because it doesn't have one. They are a little more expensive but use shotgun caps (super cheap).

Having looked into this with Thunder B's and TRMR's and Ohshiboom's my intention is to get the TRMR. About the only disadvantage I know is its a little less likely to go off on soft ground like in woodland. I made a post asking this only a week ago I think.

Thanks guys, i'm already aware of the difference's between the two but wanted to know from anyone who has actually used them.

I have a friend who has the Oshiboom and he says it's good, but then I see that some people say it's not so good. The TRMR looks promising even though it is slightly dearer. I think the Oshiboom looks better value for money and the deal they offer of buying both adapters with it at a cheaper price is good.

I'm still interested of hearing from someone who has actually used both though.

M_P - I do agree with you, there is definitely something about pulling the pin out before you throw it. :)

I've just got TRMR. Only used it at one skirmish so far but went off every time and was quick to reload.

I've not used an Oshiboom myself but I have had them chucked next to me and reckon about 30% of the time didn't go off.

I've just got TRMR. Only used it at one skirmish so far but went off every time and was quick to reload.

I've not used an Oshiboom myself but I have had them chucked next to me and reckon about 30% of the time didn't go off.

Nice one. Did you have any issue with the TRMR not going off on softer ground?

I've only used it on hard ground so far so couldn't say I'm afraid.

• 5 years later...
  • Supporters

I have both , no real difference in performance between them on soft or hard ground .

On hard ground I find if your ‘posting’ through a window or what ever then if the Oshiboom hits the ground base first sometime it won’t go off BUT it does have less failures than the TRMR when it’s thrown on soft ground .

• Supporters

🤣hahahahahahaha ! 🤣

never even noted the dates ! 😂😂😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.