Beginner M4??

david0512

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

My mate is looking to get into airsoft and he wants something along the lines of an M4. I have an SRC M4 that I'd sell to him but I don't want to get rid of it because I use it almost every game I go to. I've given him my opinion of my mine, but could anyone recommend any other brands of M4 that are suitable for beginners, along with links to where to buy them if possible?

Thanks, David

Thanks, I've had a look and they look like exactly what my mate wants

If you want an alternative to the venerable G&G combat machine (though I don't see why you would, they're brilliant for the price) then the ICS sportlines are very sturdy rifles if he doesn't want to tinker with it.

Split gearbox is great for switching between woodland and CQB battles as you could have two gearboxes that take just a minute to swap over.

Seriously, considering asking g&g if they would give us commission for all of this. I wonder how many rifles they've sold thanks to us?

And yes, G&G combat machine. It's a brilliant gun for beginners

I think wombat machines are over rated. Decent for the price but Internals have seriously underwhelmed me,then again I have been spoiled by ICS and some Top quality ACM recently. G&G do make some very good hop up units however

ICS sportlines have some of the best internals I've seen in a cheap gun. Steel bushings,strong gears which appear to be partly machined instead of fully sintered*,strong piston,very good air seal parts and hop up,although not as good as G&G is perfectly usable. Motor isn't amazing but neither is G&Gs. It's all the same internals as the proline except the motor so it;s good quality stuff. I'd only replace the motor if I was upgrading. And maybe modify it to take a Marui hop up if I'm that hungry for performance.

*Newer ICS guns are set to come out with new gearboxes including Metal injection molded gears which are far stronger than traditional powered metallurgy ones so it may carry over to sportlines in the future

I can't fault my CM16 carbine in all honesty. The Transparent looks better than a classical two tone and you see a lot of them at games. Its actually pretty accurate and the FPS out of the box is perfect for woodland although maybe a little high for CQB. Of the 5 other guys I have met with CM16 transparents (all carbine models for some reason!) the FPS has ranged from 328 through to 340 with more than half at 335-340. That is a smidge too high for CQB so just bare in mind you might need an M90 spring downgrade potentially on it for 328 fps sites. But mine has never jammed, its gone through 2500 rounds tonight without fault and the BBs go right where I put them. There is a reason people recommend them, they are great starter guns.

Mine does 12 rounds per second on a 7.4 lipo which is quite a low rate of fire, the motor is definitely underwhelming. The barrel is not brass and neither is the piston so these are definitely the bits where they are saving some cash on it, but it fires pretty accurately. I do also have the problem mine is very slightly over hopping on minimum, its about 2 inches high at 10m but after that it is pretty close to zero for as long as I have so far fired it (all CQB).

another vote for the g+gs here. not much of a problem with mine and is easily the best shooting gun i own atm. yes im out shot by other guns, but only by ones that have have lots of upgrades done on em. if you are not wanting to take it appart etc for a while its definitely the place id recommend starting...(plus we didnt have to downgrade it to match our 328 fps limits over here as it was shooting fine outta the box...)

• Supporters

I think wombat machines are over rated. Decent for the price but Internals have seriously underwhelmed me,then again I have been spoiled by ICS and some Top quality ACM recently. G&G do make some very good hop up units however

ICS sportlines have some of the best internals I've seen in a cheap gun. Steel bushings,strong gears which appear to be partly machined instead of fully sintered*,strong piston,very good air seal parts and hop up,although not as good as G&G is perfectly usable. Motor isn't amazing but neither is G&Gs. It's all the same internals as the proline except the motor so it;s good quality stuff. I'd only replace the motor if I was upgrading. And maybe modify it to take a Marui hop up if I'm that hungry for performance.

*Newer ICS guns are set to come out with new gearboxes including Metal injection molded gears which are far stronger than traditional powered metallurgy ones so it may carry over to sportlines in the future

The vast majority of new players dint care about all that though- all they want is a decent but cheap m4 with rails that will work and g&g make the best for the least amount of money.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.