New gun suggestions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay I know I'm opening myself up here to a barrage of suggestions here but 'I'm thinking of getting a new gun, any ideas?'

So my budget is around £350, and I'm really after an AEG for field use (not CQB). And of course I'm after range and accuracy. Good rate of fire is a bonus.

I've always leaned towards bulpups but maybe it's time to look at standard configurations. I'm not a fan of AKs and would like a gun that takes M4 mags.

So, any recomendations chaps?

m.

• Supporters

SCAR-L or H (VFC, G&G or TM recoil depending on your budget)

Actually the H doesn't take M4 mags....sorry about that.

SCAR-L or H (VFC, G&G or TM recoil depending on your budget)

Actually the H doesn't take M4 mags....sorry about that.

Ah yes a SCAR-L, I work right by Pro Airsoft I know they stock a lot of G&G stuff.

G&G G2010 (F2000), just got myself the hunter version. Other then the buttpad being a pain in the arse to get on it's a very nice AEG, also takes stanag mags.

However, it does kind of look like a big black fish.

If you want the best bullpup and you have that figure to spend then there is only one to go for, Real Sword type 97/97b, run on any stanag mag, 97b has slightly faster ROF courtesy of a higher speed motor than the 97, build quality is, without any question or argument the best out there, I got mine from airsoft world, sign up for the 'new shopper' thingy and you'll get an email about 10 minutes later with a discount code which brought mine under the figure you've got

34DD49BF-95A7-4277-987B-D061105714FD_zps

This is mine, have changed the flash hider for the little suppressor and it's got an e mag in for you to see, range is simply stupid, genuinely out ranges pretty much anything else (not like most people think they're rifle shoots 70m)

All available from various retailers and from most of the HK warehouses but to be fair, the gearbox is sooooo strong I doubt you'll ever need any

I've just run it straight out of the box, not changed a thing and it's beyond all the other aeg's I've owned and the list has been huge mate

I was thinking of an FN2000, they look so nice when you put the lower rail on, but at around £100 that brings the gun up to over £400. And apprently some sites aren't keen on the adjustable sprinf tenstion

Plus I'm thinking of moving away from Bullpups for my next gun, although the 97B looks pretty nice.

Currently I'm eyeing up the G&G T4-18 toptech gen3 – anyone have any experience with it?

m.

G&G guns have a good reputation, however they seem to have had a few issues with the gen3 mosfets burning out quite quickly

G&G guns have a good reputation, however they seem to have had a few issues with the gen3 mosfets burning out quite quickly

Really? Are they easy to replace?

Just watched some reviews on them and they look pretty good. Great range and accracy out of the box, which is what I'm looking for.

m.

• Supporters

Currently I'm eyeing up the G&G T4-18 toptech gen3 – anyone have any experience with it?

m.

Friend of mine has one - fantastic bit of kit!

I've been running a Gen 3 CQBR for a while now. Build quality is good. Internals are strong (nothing you would need to swap out straight away), with very good compression. Everything inside the shell is standard v2 stuff, barring the cylinder), so upgrading should be straight forward. Hop is very stable, rarely needs adjusting once set for you brand of BBs. Just swapped out the spring for a stronger one (the stock one, by my reckoning, was an M95).

I quite like the blowback feature - its not really recoil, more for visual and sonic effect. It does make gearbox teardown a little more of a a pain tho. The ability to disengage the anti-reversal latch with the forward assist (or from the side of the gearbox) is a nice feature. Spring will last longer and makes taking the gearbox apart less fraught.

As for the MOSFET, I did have a discussion with the blokes at Pro Airsoft Supplies and there have been reports of returns due to mosfet failures (possibly being run on 11.1 lipos but I cant confirm that). I've been running mine on 9.9v life batteries and had no problems so far (must have put 4-5k rounds thru it so far).

Overall I would recommend if you are looking for something that works well out the box but has lots of upgrade potential down the line.

• Supporters

ICS L85A2 £300-30 new. I don't even like bullpups and I want one. In fact if I hadn't recently spent so much on Sov uniform bits'n'bobs I'd probably have bought Finius' that was/is(?) for sale on here.

I was thinking of an FN2000, they look so nice when you put the lower rail on, but at around £100 that brings the gun up to over £400. And apprently some sites aren't keen on the adjustable sprinf tenstion

Plus I'm thinking of moving away from Bullpups for my next gun, although the 97B looks pretty nice.

m.

The rail is terribly overpriced for what it is, would love to get one but never for that kind of money. The stock grip is surprisingly comfortable though, if a bit bulky. My site is OK with the adjustable fps, but at some point I may just swap the spring for one which does 350 on max, which should avoid any issues.

I've considered the L85 and FN2000, both really nice looking guns and plebty of good reviews. But I think I will move away from bulpups for my next gun.

I'm thinking a SCAR of HK416. The G&G T4-18 is my top choice so far.

• Supporters

LCT AMD-65 not technically an AK and the steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooooooooooooooooopid foregrip must come off! Neither is the Ares Beryl, although it is an Ares so hmmmmmm and ferhooooooooooooooooooking expensive too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.