Debut event close to launch

WAH64_Man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

After months of planning and waiting around Green Zone Mil Sim are now within touching distance of being able to finally advertise for our debut event Op UNIFIED AGGRESSOR. We have asked for a date in August and should hopefully have a confirmed date by the end of the week. It will be conducted over the course of a weekend and we will be providing coaching on different elements involved with the scenario. The teams will break in the evening for a chill out and then continue the next day as the opposite team, giving players the chance to learn extra skills and play from both sides. All coaching will come from serving members and they will be subject matter experts in the fields being taught. All the staff have recent Operational experience and can ensure that the latest techniques are being coached to make the scenarios as real as possible. We will be pulling out all the stops for every event we host and ensuring that all the money made goes back into the game to make it as realistic as possible. We will also be giving a percentage of every entry to a charity called Scotty's Little Soldiers which is a charity that raises money for the kids of the countries fallen heroes. We will provide drinks and refreshments all through the day as well some hot food after the first game finishes. Please take a look at our website, follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page to ensure that you keep up to date with all the latest news. We need as much support as we can to make sure our debut event is the success that we know it can be, and enable us to plan and run more in the future.

post-8813-0-63082400-1398800903_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

August may not be such a good idea as there is both the AI500 and NAE14 that month, as well as Brit Tac's Op: Shining Light at Copehill Down (assuming the MOD don't bump that again). Bear in mind also that the MOD not only can but will bump your event regardless of how far along with planning and prep you are, or that you've already taken deposits. You know what it's like, eh? Training for serving soldiers will come first, but expecting that to be subject to what we in the civilian world would call 'organisation' is to fundamentally misunderstand what the word 'logistics' actually means in military parlance...

Too true!! I'm going to try and deconflict as best as possible with other events. Might take a rain check on August, it's probably better for us anyway to be honest as it gives us more organisational time , plus my business partner should be settled in his new job by then and be on a settled rota back in this country. Completely understand about the MoD policy and thats a risk that everyone takes when using their training areas, but it's worth it when it all comes off. From what I've just had explained to me over the past couple of weeks they have had a rethink on how they treat civilian users now and whilst they can still be bumped, the opportunities are fewer, which can only be a good thing I suppose. Should have a few dates by Friday anyway so I'll do some research on other events and try and negotiate a date that doesn't clash with anything

• Supporters

Got a wedding to go to :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.