Photo update! Custom SR25/L129A1 Sharpshooter Polarstar!

Airsoft-Ed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's frickin boss man. I don;' like the look of M4s but the SR25 & other 7.62 versions just look 'right' for me. The L129A1 especially looks great,and that 7.62 Pmag.. Feels good man.

You rarely see polarstars or HPA guns in the UK, or Europe for that matter. That Instant trigger response Should feel very nice. How are you finding carrying a HPA bottle? I'ill be very interested in some skirmish gameplay in the near future I hope. There's no beating HPA really in consistency . I heard you can fill the HPA air tank with a PCP air pump with an adapter of some sort,should save some money on going to the scuba/paintball shop for a fill.

• Supporters

I've not played a game with it yet, and the Fusion Engine is actually my mate Joes' haha, he just wanted to see the dream become a reality so bad that he's agreed to share the gun with me lol.

He also works in a diving shop and Skirmish is also a paintball site, so Joe can fill the tanks at work, as well as borrow huge diving cylinders for away games, and when we're at Skirmish we can use the on site compressor used for the paintball guns (Y)

One thing that's very satisfying about it is that you can actually feel the recoil :P It's the lightest feeling ever, it's like being lightly poked by a toddler, but the fact that you can feel it is just satisfying some how. A .3g BB being fired at 350fps or so, is actually producing a strong enough force for the shooter to feel it, I just find that amazing for some reason.

• Supporters

The P*, fire control unit, regulator and 3000psi air bottle and line cost Joe circa £650 with postage.

The G&G hop and P* extended nozzle were around £50 extra on top of that, and the gun was bought as a completed custom build, for what I considered a steal, at £350.

Putting the total cost of the build at around £1050 + the 4 Pmags I bought to the tune of £100.

Guest PT247

have just had my HPA tank and hose set up arrive from the USA today with free shipping and no import duty/vat thankyouverymuch :D Gonna get the tank filled and have a play over the next few weeks getting my M700 running on air before sorting HPA for my G5 with a hi-cap :D

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your set up Ed :-)

• Supporters

The Grange sell them, they're the only UK supplier up to now, search for "The shop at the grange" on Google (that's actually what it's called lol)

Alternatively, you can buy them in France for about £100 less all in, but my mate Joe actually managed to get The Grange to price match for him because he bought it at the British Airsoft Show, so I think the fact it was a face to face transaction might've swayed them a bit or something.

• Supporters

I thought Patrol base were doing these now as well ? That's the impression I got from there YouTube video, oh and thanks will have a look :-)

• Supporters

Patrol Base can probably get one in for you if you ask them, they're good for that kind of thing.

Today they custom made a stock tube screw for me because I fucked the threads on mine, and they drilled out the hole in my suppressor a little bigger because BBs were hitting it, both for FREE.

I bought 2 bags of .28 Bastard BBs as well, and they gave me a 3rd for free too.

Hands down best service you can get from an airsoft shop. Absolutely cannot recommend them highly enough.

• Supporters

With the sort of ranges I'm expecting to get out of this thing, a full blown camcorder with an exceedingly high res and a digital zoom might well be in order, I don't think the Contour's going to cut the mustard when it comes to 40+ meter shots.

Gonna have to stick one on the "Want" list.

• Supporters

Epicbodgetastic...

• Supporters

Tried it out yesterday and it's insanely shite. =[

Shots were going everywhere, over hopping, under hopping, you'd get maybe 1 in 10 shots going exactly where you wanted and the rest would be no where even close. It might be possible to improve it with a new barrel and hop rubber/nub combo, but I think the main issue is that our bodging just wasn't accurate enough.

To sort it out would require buying another hop unit and nozzle to the tune of £50 and then trying the mods again, except I don't know if it's worth it in case we go to far and it doesn't make it any better.

=/

Probably going to sell it and use the funds to start an L119 project using a WE M4 CQBR as a base, but I don't have the money for it at the minute, so I'll probably sit on it for a month or two and see if I've changed my mind.

:(

• Supporters

Ahh that's shit news, L119A1 from a CQBR sounds like a fun project though. I know of someone else who's recently done the same and they decided it was better to build it from a full length WE M4A1. The barrel is 2 part and when the extension is removed you get an exact 10" outer.

• Supporters

+1

Not just shit, Marvel's Agents Of Shit.

Is the nozzle particular to Polarstar in anything other than name and length?

I wouldn't give up on it so soon. Check out some yank forums where a lot of Polarstar techies hide. Some guys like 'SilentObvervant' from reddit are really knowledgeable,as is Bingo from Bingo airsoft works. AirsoftMechanics is also a great place to discuss those kinds of issues. There could be a myriad of issues and might be easy to fix. Could be nozzle alignment issues or it could be that the Fusion engine itself is not releasing the same amount of air all the time due to an issue with the poppet valve or something.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.